[Suggestion] Continent-wide XP Boost For All 3 Factions Based On Total Continent Pop. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Not the place for relationship advice.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-25, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TGxCraig
Corporal

[Suggestion] Continent-wide XP Boost For All 3 Factions Based On Total Continent Pop.

If one faction has a significantly lower population on a continent, then they get an XP boost based on how significant their populations are. Why not apply this to all those on a continent if the continent is low compared to the continent with the current largest population?

This is simply a way to get people off of Indar as I'm personally tired of having to go there to find a fight. Let's be honest, people do not flock to Indar (or The Crown) because of superior level design or because it is the nicest looking continent. It’s because it is the easiest way to get more certs.

So, by adding this XP feature, people might flock to the other two continents which over time, might just balance them out 1/3, 1/3, and 1/3. Yes, once that evens out, many people will flock towards Indar, but soon, the population breakdown will look more like 9/10, 1/10, and 1/10 which means people will flock back to the other two to capitalize on that XP boost.

Who knows, once people see how much better the flow of battles are with a balanced server, the continents might stay fairly balanced. People that stick around on Esamir and Amerish might see that there can be large battles there too. If not, then those who stick around on them will get that XP bonus. Obviously, matters should be taken to make ghost capping bases not give out too many certs on empty continents (but if this idea worked, those continents wouldn’t be ghost continents).
Old 2013-02-25, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Re: [Suggestion] Continent-wide XP Boost For All 3 Factions Based On Total Continent

Agree; this would be a good idea.

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Now that's more like it; entice people rather than force them.

In fact, a "low population" XP bonus could become a permanent feature; maybe not double, but something meaningful.
From the "Rotate Continents" thread.

I personally prefer Indar for it's more varied terrain and more complex Hex system, but do recognise that something needs to be done to boost pop levels on Amerish and Esamir (last time that I was on Amerish, there were something like 17 people on the entire continent).

Some people come out with stupid suggestions like lock Indar for a week; as if this would make any kind of commercial sense or indeed make any difference in the longer term.

Implementing a "Low Population" XP boost would be a long term solution that would work on any continent that has become unfashionable for whatever reason.
Old 2013-02-25, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TGxCraig
Corporal

Re: [Suggestion] Continent-wide XP Boost For All 3 Factions Based On Total Continent

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post

Implementing a "Low Population" XP boost would be a long term solution that would work on any continent that has become unfashionable for whatever reason.
Indeed. Even if this wouldn't fully balance the continents out to being 1/3, 1/3, and 1/3, it would at least help and bring some extra level of enjoyment back to the other two continents.
Old 2013-02-25, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
PredatorFour
Major

You mean, like it was in the original game ??? God forbid that !
Old 2013-02-25, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TGxCraig
Corporal

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
You mean, like it was in the original game ??? God forbid that !
Oh, didn't know. I played PS1 for about 15 minutes back when it came out.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion