Smoke post Maurader Buff...a sign of things to come for all vehicles? - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remember - it's adopt a noob month!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-05, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Killing with plasma 'nades as an infiltrator used to be one of my joys, but I got fed up with the inventory restriction so I'm hopeful I can get that going again. Stand on top of a tall rock in a high traffic area and rain hell down on a number of people, watch them drop as they run around looking for the guy with the Thumper.
Agreed. However you were spent after like 1 minute and were unable to take anyone one-on-one. Multiple trips to terms is not how I like to play

SA has always been underpriced for what it was. I've said it before and I've seen others say it before. You had a bargain bin cert and got used to it, that doesn't mean that the change is wrong. Did they reduce the value of the SA package? That's certainly one way of saying it, although I would say they made the package more in line with the cost. The K-Mart cert is gone, hallelujah. The analogy is still intact and rocket science is kept safely away from this board. I'm sure NASA is breathing a sigh of relief.
Thats certainly your opinion, but comparing the current sniper cert's value to the current SA cert's value is a false analogy. They do completely different things and that is combined with the fact that is has been this way since release. I have never once in my time playing Planetside seen anyone try to argue that "the SA cert should be nerfed because it has 3 weapons for 3 points and the sniper cert only has 1 weapon for 3 points" It would be a stupid argument and it is no different when used to downplay the nerfing of SA.

However as I said before, this is all contingent on what order we recieve these new patches. The Devs blundered in the way they released this information to us. Announcing a huge nerf before announce a massive set of buffs? Of course people are going to be confused and pissed
Old 2004-02-05, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Because you keep repeating the same argument. And you ignore the fact that according to the Ammo Change notes, it says these changes are supposed to happen "patch-after-next". Ammo changes and weapons changes
You have failed reading comprehension 101. When this whole argument started, we did not know about all the buffs coming down the line. Now we do, so the situation is changing somewhat
Old 2004-02-05, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I didn't fail Reading Comprehension 101. I'm an English major, but thanks for the well wishes.

I realize that we didn't know everything. However, even after the changes were announced, you're still saying the same thing. You break the cycle with a bit of "Yes this was before I knew the change was coming" or "what order are these patches coming in", but you actually appear to be the one who failed reading comprehension by trotting out the same argument time and again, with minor variations or interjections to the contrary.
Old 2004-02-05, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Jagd
Major

Firefly, I want a Big Mac combo supersized. It's not going to fetch itself.
Old 2004-02-05, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Jagd
Firefly, I want a Big Mac combo supersized. It's not going to fetch itself.
You're right, they mostly cripple or kill the animal that goes in there, if at all.

So get your lazy ass up and get one your damn self.
Old 2004-02-05, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Jagd
Major

Earn your minimum wage you bitter child! Earn it!
Old 2004-02-05, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Factoring in that I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I make about $1.87 an hour for base pay. That's why in one week I will be a civilian with a job making at least three times my current annual pay.
Old 2004-02-05, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Jagd
Major

Where's my fucking Big Mac, punk? I want to talk to your manager.
Old 2004-02-05, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

He pissed on it. You prolly dont want to eat it now
Old 2004-02-05, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Jagd
Major

That's ok, whoever thought Thousand Island dressing was good on a hamburger should have been shot, not made into a billionaire.
Old 2004-02-05, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
Jagd
Major

You know, there should be a moral to end this thread... What did we all learn in class today, kids?
Old 2004-02-05, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Ban Porkfrier?
Old 2004-02-05, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Jagd
Major

No, we figured that out many threads ago... I'm thinking something that ties the theme of managing customers expectations to the age old adage "don't argue with people who have a vested interest in something, unless you're feel like arguing until the conversation turns into a chat about supersized combos."

I think it was Milton Berle who said that initially.

In Memorium
Old 2004-02-05, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I know I am old and crabby but not that crabby
Old 2004-02-05, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Jagd
Major

LOL! I wasn't referring to you, buddy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion