Variation in Capture Points - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vote or die!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-31, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
kasiraghi
Corporal

Variation in Capture Points

So, this has come about as a result of a couple of different things:

a) talk about Titan mode
b) a conversation in IRC about variation in capture mechanics between me, Kwintus5, SKYeXile and MacTruckuLes

Capture points will, presumably, vary in the extent to which air/vehicle involvement is helpful (i.e. open, spread bases vs. clustered capture points), but to what extent do you think we'll see bases where any form of vehicle involvement are severaly restricted?

We were thinking of like a subterranean warren, where corridor attrition from several different angles wouldn't cause things to go stale. In this way it's like a (better) Titan assault, reliant on purely infantry...
Old 2012-05-31, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Variation in Capture Points

i dont think the major bases can be captured by vehicles, they look to be all very...mcommy and require infantry to click them.

I think the outposts or hexes out in the fields are the ones likely to be captured by vehicles.

Also i wasent sure if anybody else was really aware...while it seems indivdual points can be captured in a base, to flip the control of the base and hex to yours, you need to have majoity control of the bases nodes for a variable number, depending on your surrounding hexes obviously and how many of the nodes you control in the base. if you watch the video from 11:20 you will see the vanu maxout the purple bar and switch the facility back full into their control.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-05-31 at 07:59 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion