News: Jimmy Whisenhunt Joins PlanetSide 2 Team - Page 32 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your backdoor isn't locked....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-24, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #466
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Jimmy Whisenhunt Joins PlanetSide 2 Team

Originally Posted by AzK View Post
No thanks, you first.
As for the other guy, it's just hopeless how hard he's trying, i just treat him like he's a bit special at this point.
Which guy is that? Me? Or the other 20 people who see your full of BS?
Old 2012-06-24, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #467
Hamma
PSU Admin

Guys really? Is there a thread where we can at least try to avoid arguing about silly things.

Get on track or we start issuing infractions.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-24, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #468
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
The underlying reason that you all keep arguing is that you want recognition. The time for posting video's and comparing gamestyles is over. This dispute can only be settled with gunfire, in-game.

I would like to make a prediction though. The people who are going to be good at this game are the people who tend to be good at all games they play, whether it's ARMA, UT or checkers. If the aiming-skillcap is so low that everyone can be a superstar, then they will find other ways to win.
Prettymuch, that is always the case.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-24, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #469
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by AzK View Post
Posts are still fairly decent for my standards, also funny how you put ffs at the end of a sentence where you tell someone else he can't post in a calm manner.

You just came in here, didn't even bother to read the previous 4-5 hours worth of previous replies (were people got absolutely destroyed on many different arguments, and in really calm ways too btw) and while bringing nothing to the table you just start replying i should stop posting. And throw in some personal attacks about how i think i'm god or whatever. Wat.

No thanks, you first.
As for the other guy, it's just hopeless how hard he's trying, i just treat him like he's a bit special at this point.
You are hopeless.

Sorry Hamma, definitely got off track.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #470
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Guys really? Is there a thread where we can at least try to avoid arguing about silly things.

Get on track or we start issuing infractions.
Sorry, Hamma. Should have dropped it like I said I would pages ago.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #471
Dreamcast
Major

I don't understand all of this Counter Strike superiority.

Don't get me wrong the game required lots of skill and was very competitive....but the game itself is extremely simple.

Their wasn't much that it did that is very unique or amazing than todays games dont have....Only reason IMO that it was popular was because at the time their wasn't many shooters at the time and is simplicity.

The reason I believe it became so competitive was because it was a damn ritual for the most part......The Servers I played on were dedicated to 3-5 maps only...The game always had certain places where battles took place.

Counter-strike just feels very scripted....their isn't much chaos like in other games...Since counter strike games are you dead=game over....The battles for the most part always take place in the same places.

Is easy to say it requires more skill when the game is a ritual like counter strike.

What I mean by this is that chaotic games like battlefield 3 or COD or a lot of other different games where people spawn automatically....In these games is harder to see skill gaps between n00bs and Pros because the gameplay is just chaotic. Rarely do battles happen in the same area over and over again....So a n00b could kill a pro if he is in the right position.

Counter Strike in the other hand since people play in the same maps and are used to the same key areas of fighting.....Is easy to see the difference between a pro and n00b or some what experienced gamer....Because Counter Strike is about mastering the ritual.

Thats just my opinion tho.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-06-25 at 09:04 AM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-25, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #472
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

It's fun to go back and watch things jump the rails...

The team is really happy to have Jimmy and of course he wasn't hired just based on the fact he's really good at FPS games. I think the more you guys learn about him, the more you'll see he's a perfect fit for PlanetSide 2.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #473
drennam
Private

and also maybe start thinking about how you all are representing the PS community right now from a new staff members perspective...
Old 2012-06-25, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #474
Xaine
Major

Welcome Jiimmy, i'm very excited to see what you bring to the game.

Please ignore the people who are running their mouths about things they don't really understand. Some of the ignorance in this thread is jaw dropping.

Good luck sir!
Old 2012-06-25, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #475
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by drennam View Post
and also maybe start thinking about how you all are representing the PS community right now from a new staff members perspective...
You say that like it is a bad thing. At least we aren't fanboys. Nothing is worse for a game than a community that has their heads so far up the developer's asses that they crucify every person who dares speak up about his negative experience.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #476
Shogun
Contributor
General

i am a little ashamed of this thread.

poor jimmy has only posted a few things to say hello and state what he wants to do to the game, and all we do is bitch about other things he has done so far that had nothing to do with planetside...
almost nobody cares for his posts that were really positive and sounded like he wants to really help the game and that he will try to give a veto whenever somebody suggests something that might water down the game.

shouldn´t we let him try before we bitch about him? i know we are the champions, when it comes to jumping to conclusions, but this thread is getting very pathetic.

it´s a good thing that the other devs already know the community and can tell jimmy, what he should take serious and what to ignore completely.
good to hear that the devs are actually having some fun with our derailing. god would it suck, if the devs would take EVERY ranting serious and if they had no humour at all.

what do you think how much communication we would have seen if this was the case?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-06-25, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #477
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

poor jimmy has only posted a few things to say hello and state what he wants to do to the game, and all we do is bitch about other things he has done so far that had nothing to do with planetside...
almost nobody cares for his posts that were really positive and sounded like he wants to really help the game and that he will try to give a veto whenever somebody suggests something that might water down the game.

shouldn´t we let him try before we bitch about him? i know we are the champions, when it comes to jumping to conclusions, but this thread is getting very pathetic.

it´s a good thing that the other devs already know the community and can tell jimmy, what he should take serious and what to ignore completely.
good to hear that the devs are actually having some fun with our derailing. god would it suck, if the devs would take EVERY ranting serious and if they had no humour at all.

what do you think how much communication we would have seen if this was the case?
Well said.
Old 2012-06-25, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #478
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

Very well said.

All that can be said is that the Devs know exactly what they are doing, and that this game will succeed.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #479
Bine
Private

Well welcome home, Wisenhunt! Think of this as a very accurate portrayal of being in a family of thousands of brothers and sisters...

heh, who gets along with their family all the time?

Let the idiots spew their nonsense. Glad to have you here, you can only make the dev team stronger.
Old 2012-06-25, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #480
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
You say that like it is a bad thing. At least we aren't fanboys. Nothing is worse for a game than a community that has their heads so far up the developer's asses that they crucify every person who dares speak up about his negative experience.
Erm, that's almost exactly what this thread is. "What? A new developer mingling with our beloved? Who's he? An "eeee - sports" player you say? From Counter Strike? That old thing? Oh no I think not...No I don't like that at all".

The fanboys have descended into being jealous lovers.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-06-25 at 12:33 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion