Patch - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's watching. Think happy thoughts.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-14, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Patch

I just downloaded a patch for PS and it doesn't say anything about what it does, any body know what this patch is for? It didn't seem like that much since I downloaded it pretty quickly. So anybody know what this patch does? Even if it just fixes bugs I would like to know what it does. So does anybody know?
Old 2003-08-14, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

they were going 2 have a scheldued downtime for 2 hours today. but then they cancled it. but i guess they didnt get that memo. i know what u are saying though go 2 the offical website and try 2 figure it out
Old 2003-08-14, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

SporkfirePS
Developer posted 08-14-2003 02:13 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are releasing a patch to the client and server that contains the following items:
1. Facility capture takes on a whole new level of action now that the Lattice Logic Unit is live! Details on the LLU are in the online manual.

2. The Lasher now has damage degradation. While the projectile still goes the same maximum distance, it now degrades in its strength, as does the lash itself. Lasher damage against armor (MAXes, vehicles) has been reduced by 30%.

3. The Starfire AA MAX has had its damage degradation removed and its damage has been decreased about 20%. This reduction is only different from the live version at ranges of less than 50 meters. The removal of damage degradation, however, will be very noticable against targets at greater ranges.

4. The Basilisk and the Wraith have been combined into the new 3 point ATV cert. Players who already have Wraith or Basilisk certs will keep the ATV cert for now, but will be "in debt" to the certification system by one point. If those players choose to forget the ATV cert, they will have to have 3 available points to but it again.

5. Dynamically calculated certification point system: This is to resolve certain bugs where a player would forget a certification, but those certification points would not be available to them.

6. An exploit that would force a base to deplete its NTU Silo by destroying the Matrix Panels has been fixed.

7. The Find Waypoint button will no longer be available when selecting a drop location from the HART shuttle.

8. Squadmates in vehicles now have their names displayed in gold.

Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative
Many questions can be answered by reading the PlanetSide Game Info and FAQ
Here ya go...
Old 2003-08-14, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

but it say that was cancled on the offical website then in another area it says it is going 2 be down for 1 hour which is right
Old 2003-08-14, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Thanks for the info

I don't like what they did with the ATV cert though. I only want to drive the basilisk, I don't see the need to drive both of them. But oh well I'm going to get my maurader back anyway soon. I don't see why someone would want both. Oh well, now there's less 2 point certs to go around. Hope they change it back but don't think they will. And I don't know about this LLU idea, I tried it and I didn't like it to much on the test server but then again the test server has a population of about 10 at times. Well we'll see how this works out, and thanks RagingGerbil for the info again.
Old 2003-08-14, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Harps
First Sergeant

Its says that I need to repatch...how do I do that?
Old 2003-08-14, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

hit update log then full scan
Old 2003-08-14, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

Thanks for the info RagingGerbil. I wonder how many people are going to leave the VS faction now. I like the degradation in strength (of lasher) as distance increases. That makes more sense. Energy is lost as it passes through space (a medium) once it leaves the source. Granted this is a futuristic/alien planet game so Newtonian physics should go right out the window. Hehe. The VS population is sure to go down now. Or will it go up for the curious minds that want to try out the new changes? We shall see.

Last edited by NCG JMan; 2003-08-14 at 05:05 PM.
Old 2003-08-14, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

at 4:58 central time servers are down

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-08-14, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

my idead didnt work how do u repatch
Old 2003-08-14, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

its all screwed you cant even get on now. try at 6:30 7:00 a clock that will be a hour hourandahalf since it started
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion