Smoke post Maurader Buff...a sign of things to come for all vehicles? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: arives late at the office, but makes it up by leaving early.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-03, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Of course, there haven't ruled out a new class of weapon for the SA category. It's unlikely, but you never know.

As far as the ammo capacity on the buggies, the Enforcer's rocket capacity is pretty large as it is. I doubt that the Enforcer will be getting an increase in rockets. I think they're already 50/box.

I do like what Smoke said about the buggies:

Buggies are the equivalent of Light Horsemen. You ride them to battle, they have great heavy weapons against infantry, some light offensive capability against vehicles...but if facing tanks, you're best off either getting out of Dodge or dismounting and using Decimators.
Buggies run the battlefield - until the tanks show up.
Old 2004-02-03, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jagd
Major

Meh, deliverers will still be the light vehicle of choice for the early stages of continental invasion.

If you are against the decimator move, please post in that thread like I did and beg them to keep it in SA as well. Since they tweaked the vehicle cert rules to accomodate harasser/mosquito pilots I'm sure we can convince them to do the same for this change by leaving the deci in SA while allowing AV users to buy them as well.

STOP THE INSANITY!!!
Old 2004-02-03, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

It makes sense for the Decimator to be in AV. Given that the Striker is so much ass I think it's a really welcome change, as Striker alone isn't even close to worth 3 cert points. I understand it'll screw with your layout and that of others, and that they should have made this change a lot earlier, but that's how these games go. They're never really done being balanced until a couple years after release.
Old 2004-02-03, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jagd
Major

Yes, but when you go and mess up peoples' characters you have to be backwards compatible. It's the only fair thing you can do for paying customers. Ever hear of grandfathering? There are new laws and regulations (of all stripes) that don't have to apply to people who were doing something the old way before the new rules were passed. They do it because it is fair and even-handed.
Old 2004-02-03, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

So now people are upset because the devs took the 2nd most overpowered weapon in the game, and are grouping it with the most uncerted weapon in the game, which actually serves the same exact function as it, when they should have been gouped together to begin with. Let's see AV 3 points, SA 3 points ....hmmmm... which means if most of the SA users were only certed in it for the decimator anyway they loose exactly 0 points in the transition. Of course for the users of SA who have it for the other weapons, 3 cert points to still use 3 weapons(including AT) seems pretty fair to me.

Last edited by Majik; 2004-02-03 at 01:57 PM.
Old 2004-02-03, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

It makes sense for the Decimator to be in AV. Given that the Striker is so much ass I think it's a really welcome change, as Striker alone isn't even close to worth 3 cert points. I understand it'll screw with your layout and that of others, and that they should have made this change a lot earlier, but that's how these games go. They're never really done being balanced until a couple years after release.
Yeah except the problem is that the Striker will still suck ass and nobody will use it. The only difference here is that SA was nerfed. AV isnt getting buffed because they are all still going to suck. However SA is getting nerfed Moving the Decimator just means that I have to cert different to get it and I lose the thumper...not cool

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2004-02-03 at 02:02 PM.
Old 2004-02-03, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
EarlyDawn
Major General

What is it, in everyone's opinion, that makes the Decimator "Special", or "Nonconventional"? I think it belongs in AV, but I'm interested to hear from the other side of the fence.

w00t to Buggy Buffs. I remember back in beta when I wanted to be a Empire-Buggy Combat Engineer. Ah how things have changed.
Old 2004-02-03, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I never had a problem with Deci being in SA. It made it a great cert to have especially along with the Thumper. What makes the AV cert suck is not that it doesnt have the Decimator, its that AV sucks and your better off with a Decimator in all cases unless you want to kill MAXs from a distance.

So instead of making AV not suck by giving them variable damage to certain targets (more for tanks, less for buggies, and the current damage to MAXs) they Nerf SA instead? I just dont get it
Old 2004-02-03, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Not my precious grief machine (i.e. Thumper). It's my main weapon in so many Loadouts this saddens me. I use the Decimator too, I usually carry one in my 4th slot just incase a Max or Lightningt crosses my path, but I cannot afford to recert in AV as well as SA which I actaully use. This sucks.
Old 2004-02-03, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Love it.
Old 2004-02-03, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

The deci move sucks, it would be ok if they made it available to both but don't kill SA to save AV.
Old 2004-02-03, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

This should be intresting.....
Old 2004-02-03, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
EarlyDawn
Major General

I still want to know what's special about the Decimator. It's like the LAW. I don't understand why it should be grouped with a grenade launcher, dumbfire rocket launcher and alien radiation gun. The only thing making it remotely unconventional is it's disposable nature and remote detonating.
Old 2004-02-03, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Incompetent
The deci move sucks, it would be ok if they made it available to both but don't kill SA to save AV.
What is our problem, AV sucks. But the Devs adding the decimator as a "bonus" to make it more attractive is like McDonalds putting a 50 dollar bill inside every filet o' fish. The sandwich sucks even with the 50 dollar bill, this might make it seem better but the sandwich still sucks. Same thing with AV, it sucks, so instead of it sucking with a silver lining, bring it up to par. By the name alone AV should be the strongest, but it all plays second fiddle to Decis.

Solution... make AV and decis at least equal, but at the same time nerf it to a 3 shot kill on Maxes and 4 on Lightnings/Mosis. This will require people to land all deci shots on a max and have mroe than 1 decimator to take out a small vehicle.

Done for now, someone else run with this idea.

~Tide
Old 2004-02-03, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

The Decimator acts like an anti-armor weapon, like the LAW or the AT4.

People use the Decimator to take out MAXes. They also shoot them at vehicles.

People use the Striker to take out MAXes. They also shoot them at vehicles.

Decimator belongs in AV. I got Special Assault specifically for the Thumper. I used the Decimator maybe three times, and I stopped when I emptied fifteen of the fuckers in a stationary Vanguard and it didn't die.

Have a nice day.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion