PlanetSiders/Tribers? - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: T-Ray is the Samuel L. Jackson of PS
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-26, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
absent
Banned

Not yet.
Old 2003-02-26, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
MooKoo
Sergeant

How am i dumb your the one that spells like a 3 year old and acts like one
Old 2003-02-26, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Yuyi
Roxxor your Boxxorz

Originally posted by absent
ni cespelling jobb thear lool y did u evar finish teh elamanteaery skool? LOOL ok anywayz:
Your attitude is that of an elementary school so LOLOL you ghey lmao j00 suxorz finsih skewl plz kthxbai.
Old 2003-02-26, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Stigma
Private

absent

I carry a message from DG:

'I love you, come home'
Old 2003-02-26, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by TheRedDread
I feel the love.
Old 2003-02-26, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Re: Hi :]

Originally posted by Gray-Fox
Just saying hi to all my fellow tribers out there :] this game looks interesting, i hope dave G can redeem himself.
Quote of the day
Old 2003-02-26, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Nomad
This thread was linked from Tribalwar. It has made me a fan of the people that post here.
roflmao

.....that figures
Old 2003-02-26, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Flunky
Private

Look at all the Tw friendgots... I'll probably be playing this game...

I played T1 only, for CG and SuN...
Old 2003-02-26, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Hamma
PSU Admin

I leave for a few hours and hell breaks loose.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-26, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

That's because someone linked this thread at TW.

[sarcasm] I just don't understand, TW seems like the most mature bunch of people I've ever seen [/sarcasm]
Old 2003-02-26, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

I have a feeling this thread wont die anytime soon, admin action may need to be taken *sigh*
Old 2003-02-26, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Stigma
I think there's more interest in PS from tribes players than most of them would care to admit. I'm sure theres some concerns, but for the most part, we've been salivating for anything similar to tribes since the moment it all died down. I never really got round to playing T2, I know the bugs put off a lot of people and to be honest, from the little I played; the concept of skiing with jetpacks just doesn't mix well with vehicles (I sure hope they leave vehicles out of T3)

But here's the thing, T2 would have been a great game in many ppl's minds if it wasn't for T1. T2 might end up being referred to as the bastard child of T1 and planetsides because it was drawn from both ideals. The change was pretty radical to those who played T1 and the curve a little high for those who didn't...mix that in with bugs/patches and it spelled disaster for the first year (compusa near where I live reported dozens of returns on T2 after release)

I hear the word 'cowboys' get thrown about a lot when talk of tribes arises. What was a 'cowboy' then? a good player? actually, cowboy's where awesome players...call them the gamebreakers if you will...on pubs, one or two of them could turn the game around almost single handedly. But pubs are pubs, matches are matches. Just because someone owned a pub didn't make them great match players, in fact, I recall quite a few 'cowboys' who sucked ass on teams because they wouldn't play their roles. Cowboys became less of a cool thing and more of a prequisite as tribes grew...there where teams forming where every member could have been called one. It became harder and harder to compete in the top 40 with the likes of 5150 and RG blasting up the ranks with uber players farming turrets (wtf)

Tribes was every bit about strats/coordination as it was skill and reactions. Cowboys became nothing more than the norm in the top 10 teams and players bitching about it now probably just had penis envy back then (btw: I was never in the top ten) I suppose 'cowboy' was just a term someone came up to describe the best in the game, but that didn't mean the everything relied on one single player in a match.

blah, blah...in short, people loved tribes too much to not look at what else is going on out there
I never played T1. But the current installment of T2 from what i hear plays very similar. T2 is a great game... now. Some of the tribes community won't play Planetside for one simple reason. DaveG. But thats a whole different issue.

I could very well be classified as the "Cowboy" that can rock a pub but never really shine in a match. But it's not at all about "staying on task" and "doing my job" I'm ona mid-tier team. Thats never really been able to hang with the big boys. You not totally off and nor is any other "cowboy debate" But in T2 it's a natural progression. A competitive T2er has had to deal with learning T2Base (this is the slow version everyone complains about) Base++ (which was a faster) and now Classic (which is really fast paced). With each new installment. New skills have had to surface. It's almost like learning a whole new game.
Fortunately, most of us Tribers have already delt with the massive learning curve and at this point. No game poses any challenge in that respect.

In the begining of T2 cowboys where tards that didn't get what was going on around him. Ofter running off with little more than a his blaster. As this game has progressed, if you see a stray or a "cowboy" and step to him. You could very well get owned.
There still are alot of cowboys in T2. Probably more now than ever before. Because they dont only encompass the top ten. But there are some really good mid-tier teams. With its own "cowboys".

Planetside to me is just the natural progression of what i already know. Knowing i need and want more out of a game. IMO PS is just a step in that direction. As will T3 when it shows up. But because of the nature of PS. I think alota ppl may see the big picture but can't posibly grasp whats about to happen. PPL that don't see it and play anyway. These will be your "cowboys" at the start. Clanless n00bs, lambs to the slaughter. But, because of the steap learning curve so many have already undergone. PS should be a piece0cake. And it won't be long till you won't be able to tell a true "cowboy" appart form the typical n00b til its to late.

Is the entire tribes community gonna invade PS??? No. Will the ones that do, 0wn? I think in most cases...yes. It's the "wantmore" thats driven us this far. And the "wantmore" that will progress us in PS.
Old 2003-02-26, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Krobar
Private

Old 2003-02-27, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Prophecy
Private

I will check this out long time Tribes player.

Ex-Member of:

Unity
OPs
Templars
i$
Also was part of team that won last UVA T2 tournament. woot ?

Where will our tribers be playing ? Looking to play if the game is good, will cancel my DAoC account if its good. Lvl 46 Shammy- Igraine.

Oh yeah and BTW bust inside, VIRUS TIME, Go drink some AIDS water and a merry fuck you all from TW.

RedDread is gay.(well known) Adopt me. Shower me with the bling.

And to the couple of idiots earlier. Way to not know tribes.
Old 2003-02-28, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #150
mecca
Private

Originally posted by WRH_KoldFusion
i can say that however i want man... i'm not well versed in l33t speak. never claimed to be..... you ever here of a typo anyway? "p" is next to "o" thx
i didn't mean it that way, qowned would be the more appropriate word. pwned is for cs players.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion