PS1 Livestream - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Illiterate? Post today for free help.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-12, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Re: PS1 Livestream

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
Nice drop on ghannon. We collectively thank you for the EXP.

Btw, this demonstrates the flaw of F2P perfectly. Imagine someone like me with an alt - under a free account - on ts3 with an outfit like AT just listening in while im allegedly offline entirely while giving decent info to my actual empire.
I think TS will get beat out by the in house pretty quick personally.
Old 2012-06-12, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Not this again... Come on, son.
I'll not say a single word more. My point has now been demonstrated in practice and with immense success. Take it for what you will. If you refuse to see it for what it is, I cannot and will not bother to try to further convince you. If you continue to dispute my point, I can point you to a recap of tonights events on hossin if you like?

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-12, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I'll not say a single word more. My point has now been demonstrated in practice and with immense success. Take it for what you will. If you refuse to see it for what it is, I cannot and will not bother to try to further convince you. If you continue to dispute my point, I can point you to a recap of tonights events on hossin if you like?
Right, but this was an issue even with subs. Plenty of people had multiple accounts, and most people who wouldn't bother getting an extra account wouldn't bother doing this even in a free game.

Not to mention that most players are going to refuse to A) allow anyone to broadcast a live stream of their spec ops (there have already been suggestions to do it with a 15+ minute delay), and B) those same groups aren't going to allow some random noob/idler/new member to sit in on their spec ops and give shit away.

Planetside 2 is going to be like the original Planetside was in the early days. It never really mattered if the enemy knew what the zerg was planning, because the zerg is pretty lumbering and predictable. The only useful intel is what more organized squads and outfits are planning, and players already know to be careful who is given access to that kind of info.

So you prove the point that players have to be careful about who gets what info if they don't want their plans to get crashed, but that's about it, and that's the exact same problem as in the first game. Sure it will probably be an even larger problem in F2P, but the solutions are no different and no more difficult. Just keep your plans confidential among those you trust.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-12 at 03:58 AM.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Thank you to everyone who watched. It really was awesome both experiencing and seeing peoples reactions to mass GG's and gal drops. After being in AT for a while I am happy to showcase how awesome our outfit really is.

If you guys have any tips on how to stream in better quality I would appreciate it.

Here are my specs:
Download 19 Mbps
Upload 1Mpbs

Core i5 3550
4 Gb DDR 1333 (one of my sticks was bad, will have 8 Gigs soon)
Radeon 7770

I am using Xsplit to Stream. Currently i have Xsplit set to 450 Bit rate so my ping doesn't spike too high. I will try to increase resolution on the next stream and see how it goes quality wise.

Last edited by cryosin; 2012-06-12 at 04:04 AM.
Old 2012-06-12, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

...for example, I had Cry0's livestream going on my laptop and was giving NC CR5 c-chat a play by play of what ya'll were planning and when ya'll were hitting ghannon and ixtab along with where your drop points were, that enabled a lot of fast response to hit you where you were hit to resecure ghannon...
In the TR we just shoot spies.
Old 2012-06-12, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sounds like a great success! Despite p0intman's continued agenda to push something that is quite obvious (again) in a thread where it does not belong.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-12, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Imij
Private

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
Thank you to everyone who watched. It really was awesome both experiencing and seeing peoples reactions to mass GG's and gal drops. After being in AT for a while I am happy to showcase how awesome our outfit really is.

If you guys have any tips on how to stream in better quality I would appreciate it.

Here are my specs:
Download 19 Mbps
Upload 1Mpbs

Core i5 3550
4 Gb DDR 1333 (one of my sticks was bad, will have 8 Gigs soon)
Radeon 7770

I am using Xsplit to Stream. Currently i have Xsplit set to 450 Bit rate so my ping doesn't spike too high. I will try to increase resolution on the next stream and see how it goes quality wise.
you're not going to be able to stream very high quality with 1mb upload. however, you should be running at a preset of fast (based on your hardware) which will increase quality by encoding and compressing it further to use up less bandwidth. Fast will increase quality for more CPU, Slow will decrease quality for less CPU. Set your quality to 10. Your bitrate needs to be 3/4ths of your max, so set it to around 700.

change your resolution to 1/2 that of what you run in game as a rule of thumb. you can adjust it from there, as long as you keep your aspect ratio the same as your in game resolution. having a higher resolution will increase quality while standing still, but because your bit rate is so low it'll pixelate (get all blurry). I suggest 1088x612. I would go no higher than 1280x720 with your bitrate, but 768x432 or 1088x612 should work nicely.

I hope that helps a little bit. Also if your stream ever gets choppy, but you're not lagging in game, it means the server your uploading through is getting overused. Try changing the default location.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

the thing that cracks me up is your the scrub who decided to screen watch.. no one forced you you could have played it str8 up but you choose to screen watch... don't blame the game because your choosing to do stuff a better player won't bother with.

The game only had 250 people on it PS1 and your worried about watching and listening in on their stream instead of playing it naturally and reacting with skill.

that's not the game's fault.. that's just your choice.. this is not real combat it's a video game most of us won't bother with all that and just play the game normal.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Nobel
Master Sergeant

As an Officer in Azure Twilight I just wanted to comment on the nature of "Stream Watching":

I wanted to be clear that in Planetside 2, for the reasons that you mentioned p0intman, we wont be streaming very often, and tend to keep a tight watch on our Teamspeak server(we still did this last night).

However, we know that this game is in the last few weeks/months of its playable lifespan; we want people to watch, and remember how epic the game is, so that even if they aren't in game to give her the departure she really deserves. We want people to watch watch and remember how great it is themselves. Sure we would have done much better in game without having 250 people watching us and spotting positions/tactics; but thats not what were about all the time; were a community outfit, and we want to be a part of the community when we can provide something most others cant.

Also, like I said towards the end of the stream, for those who still want to get into game, there is at least one large outfit active in each empire that plays with organised ops every night.

TR : BRTD
NC : Blue Lions
VS : Azure Twilight

I cant speak for the other two but I know that if youre not AT and you want to play with us, just join a squad and ask to hop on Teamspeak with us, we will more than welcome you!

Last edited by Nobel; 2012-06-12 at 10:54 AM.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Spoof
Corporal

Tonight for example, I had Cry0's livestream going on my laptop and was giving NC CR5 c-chat a play by play of what ya'll were planning...
The word hipocrisy comes to mind.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Imij
Private

Originally Posted by Nobel View Post
As an Officer in Azure Twilight I just wanted to comment on the nature of "Stream Watching":

I wanted to be clear that in Planetside 2, for the reasons that you mentioned p0intman, we wont be streaming very often, and tend to keep a tight watch on our Teamspeak server(we still did this last night).
You can delay the stream by 5 minutes, or even much much longer, if you want. It'll keep the douches from stream sniping you so hard. You can also filter Teamspeak and any other audio out of the stream sound, so that game sounds come through, but not people on Teamspeak giving away intel.

People like p0intman will be numerous in Planetside 2. If your streamers need help setting up their streams like I suggested I'll be happy to help. Any of them can shoot me a PM.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Sadly missed this, but was laaatteee night anway for me

For the future: You can delay a stream easy with the right tools. Do it, and bang intel is almost useless.

And p0int: Great, what? Nothing has been proven. We all knew ages ago that if you have someone sitting besids you watching your screen, then he knows what are you doing. Happens in every single split screen versus game i play.
Now, does this affect planetside 2? Nope, not at all. You cannot rely the whole empires strategy to the enemy unless one empire really smacks it into everyones face. And you cannot relay Outfit strategys unless said outfits just let everyone hop along and tell everyone what they plan to do.

Spying is pointless the moment people act against spys. And spying is clearly not a flaw of the F2P model, in fact, it has nothing to do with the F2P model at all. The difficulty to create a new account does not matter.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Reefpirate
Corporal

Hopefully this isn't too off topic for this thread... But I played with a fairly large alliance in Perpetuum Online, which was a sub-only EVE-type game with mechs instead of spaceships.

Spies became a normal part of alliance life... Both the idea that spies were in our alliance, and the counter-measures we took to deal with it. In my mind it just added to the depth of the PvP experience rather than ruining it. You just need to take care with your info/intel. You can even have some fun with spoofing intelligence.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
SirDart
Private

I agree with Nobel, the reason behind the broadcasts are to show other people the tactics of 'platoon operations', and not the unorganized zerging that tends to happen when players are working independently, such as what happened in PS2 during E3 streaming. I am not criticizing the PS2 streams, which were awesome and I was glued to during their broadcasts, but showing how outfits work and showing a sample of outfit organization is our goal.

I love working in an organized format, and even when we are waiting 15 minutes in the Sanctuary to get the outfit players organized, it makes taking over the base many minutes faster than if we were all working independently, and increases our success rate of accomplishing our goals immensely. I believe these streams do show that effectively, even if we happen to be giving away our positions currently.

The past few weeks we haven't been streaming and we have been extremely successful, and its always fun, success or not. You are always welcome to join the fun!
Old 2012-06-12, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Raka Maru
Major

I actually really enjoyed the stream, tho it was very low res. Brought back memories of the old PS1. Was great seeing the VS getting owned once in a while tho. ;D
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion