Twitter holders get in 2-3 weeks from now? - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where you can pick your friends AND their noses!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-07, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
funkadelik
Private

Re: Twitter holders get in 2-3 weeks from now?

Originally Posted by MooK View Post
1.) Many people were under the impression that there was a cutoff date. Therefore, why would we pay for an abandoned game, which is arguably in a very poor state?

2.) Why should I pay subscription to a dead game, on top of hundreds of dollars in subscription costs, a PC Gamer magazine, as well as a great deal of my time in the past twelve months participating in the overhyping of this game?

3.) Why would I want to encourage the concept of "Pay to Enter" a beta, when there is an abundance of criticism for PS2 being a "Pay to Win" game? I don't want that. I want there to be freeform competition based on skill. I don't see how encouraging this business practice would ensure that.

4.) I'm a May 23rd 2003 sign up, with plenty of time under my belt. They clearly do not want my immediate opinion on the game, or they would have written a very simple routine to (1) check for an active subscription date with a cutoff ensuring diehards and supporters get in, (2) check for individuals who have spent a great deal of time in the game (I expect that this is recorded in their database, beyond continous subscription cost--maybe time played.)
i.e. QQ - I'm to cheap to get into beta.

Seriously, for the cost of eating out at Denny's once is all it cost.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by MooK View Post
1.) Many people were under the impression that there was a cutoff date. Therefore, why would we pay for an abandoned game, which is arguably in a very poor state?

2.) Why should I pay subscription to a dead game, on top of hundreds of dollars in subscription costs, a PC Gamer magazine, as well as a great deal of my time in the past twelve months participating in the overhyping of this game?

3.) Why would I want to encourage the concept of "Pay to Enter" a beta, when there is an abundance of criticism for PS2 being a "Pay to Win" game? I don't want that. I want there to be freeform competition based on skill. I don't see how encouraging this business practice would ensure that.

4.) I'm a May 23rd 2003 sign up, with plenty of time under my belt. They clearly do not want my immediate opinion on the game, or they would have written a very simple routine to (1) check for an active subscription date with a cutoff ensuring diehards and supporters get in, (2) check for individuals who have spent a great deal of time in the game (I expect that this is recorded in their database, beyond continous subscription cost--maybe time played.)
Of course they should've done something like this. But they didn't. I think most people would agree with this. SOE just wasn't straight forward with what they were doing and gave us the info via Tweets.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
dafuq
First Sergeant

i rather take 10 2day vets who are interested in testing and finding bugs
than 10 1337r0xx0r vets from 2003 who are lazy and only want to see the new game for a few hours and never come back
Old 2012-08-07, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
ziegler
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Whats a "true vet" to you? .
Someone that was playing PS1 prior to the announcement of PS2 and continued playing it.

<------ never played PS1 and didnt buy a "vet" copy either. I'm old and patient.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
james
Sergeant Major

Twitter people have no right to be annoyed, the only people who have any right to be annoyed is PC gamer keys. Your got your keys for free and wasn't promised to be in the first wave. At the snail pass SOE works out maybe all keys will be in within 2 months and the game may be out in 1-2 years

Last edited by james; 2012-08-07 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
JToTheDog
Private

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Of course they should've done something like this. But they didn't. I think most people would agree with this. SOE just wasn't straight forward with what they were doing and gave us the info via Tweets.
Exactly. I think people need to get off the fan-bus. But people need to get off the hate-bus as well.

My simple conclusion is: There wouldn't be this much rage and misunderstanding if they had just been straight forward with the information and not tried to hype it so much.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by JToTheDog View Post
Exactly. I think people need to get off the fan-bus. But people need to get off the hate-bus as well.

My simple conclusion is: There wouldn't be this much rage and misunderstanding if they had just been straight forward with the information and not tried to hype it so much.
We have a winner, if SOE had not lied, hyped and misled, no one would be butt hurt as we would know what we were actually getting
Old 2012-08-07, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
Envenom
Sergeant Major

The sense of f**** entitlement in this thread is disgusting. It's just a beta. 1-2 weeks won't kill you. Man up.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
The sense of f**** entitlement in this thread is disgusting. It's just a beta. 1-2 weeks won't kill you. Man up.
No fucken entitlement, its just called we want what was promised. If vets didn't go first you all would be acting like assholes so just stfu.

And fuck all the vets were crying like babies just a few weeks ago over the tech test, so no one has any room to call out either side

Last edited by james; 2012-08-07 at 09:57 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by james View Post
No fucken entitlement, its just called we want what was promised. If vets didn't go first you all would be acting like assholes so just stfu.

And fuck all the vets were crying like babies just a few weeks ago over the tech test, so no one has any room to call out either side
We don't need posts like this in any thread. I'm closing this before I put out infractions to people.

For the record its been said for months vets would be in first. Never saw Twitter as being equal or having first access...
Old 2012-08-07, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
Hamma
PSU Admin

Guys for those of you who seem keen on reporting this post and constantly beating this dead mutilated horse, this information has been readily available for WEEKS and in some cases MONTHS.

It's simple - active subs > anytime subbed > priority keys > normal signups

Day one was active subs. Anytime subs will probably be coming soon, after that priority keys and normal signups.

How many times does this have to be repeated?

There's no point to constantly raging about it, it is what it is and you will get in when you get in.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-08-07 at 10:14 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion