Rez Animation - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WARNING: Must be 18 or older to enter.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-21, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Evilmp
Master Sergeant

Rez Animation

In PS1, it was odd seeing someone teleport up off the ground.

Do you think the old rotating camera in the air should remain?

Should there be a rez animation, such as seeing your character get up off the ground? How long should the delay be if so?

Small detail, I know, but every player in the game will be going through this process many times.
Old 2011-07-21, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dragoneye
Private

Re: Rez Animation

As an animator I'm a little biased in saying I'd like that- but... I think that the PS2 team is a little skeletal right now. If they had time for animation like that, they wouldn't have cut vehicle entry/exit animations.
Old 2011-07-21, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

It really never bothered me that they were instantly on their feet. It would suck to kind of slowly get off the ground and get gibbed by some guy, but I guess that would kind of make you be absolutely sure the area is safe before you rez somebody.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-07-22, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
It really never bothered me that they were instantly on their feet. It would suck to kind of slowly get off the ground and get gibbed by some guy, but I guess that would kind of make you be absolutely sure the area is safe before you rez somebody.
Brink had this, then again the actual ressing from the medics side was mostly instant.

The medic would throw a revive syringe and it wouldn't require much work/attention from the medic except aiming at the downed guy and pressing a button and then heading off again.

When the syringe was thrown, there was maybe this 5s animation where the downed guy would inject the syringe to himself and then it would get up. This allowed time for the opposition to cap the guy again if someone tried ressin him in unsafe conditions.
Old 2011-07-22, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
As an animator I'm a little biased in saying I'd like that- but... I think that the PS2 team is a little skeletal right now. If they had time for animation like that, they wouldn't have cut vehicle entry/exit animations.
This.
Old 2011-07-22, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sinj
Private

I would say to borrow from Left 4 Deads' example. The animation starts when the rez starts and ends (with the rezed player on their feet) when the rez bar is finished. If the rezing is interrupted before being completed the player quickly falls back to the ground.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion