News: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I bet Saddam plays PS beta.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-15, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
That article was posted today. That is the next issue. I don't know why the UK version is March and US is April.

Talking about that... Why does PC gamer US put out an April issue, when it comes out at the end of febuary? I see many magazines do this but I never saw the point in it.
I think it's just their way of getting around the fact that printed publications are usually yesterday's news, so you'll notice papers try to report what's happened in the last 24 hours, and magazines try to give a future outlook type of thing. The reason why it's the April issue but it comes out at end of Feb is probably because of some trade war... one publisher pushes out their stuff a week early, another one comes along and tries to beat them by putting out their stuff 2 weeks early... and then it just gets works from there.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-02-15, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Espion View Post
I know you were probably just some bluebie running around with a thumper jammer packs in your max loadout (just in case!
You're just all fucking sorts of wrong today. Try dangling your nuts in an open desk drawer and letting someone kick the fucker shut - maybe that'll present you with some clarity on the issue. You wanna talk about feedback? Go submit your feedback to the appropriate place - whining like a little girl with a skinned-up knee in a video game forum isn't it.

And since your entire most-recent post is irrelevant to the discussion at hand, AND since you're unable to properly read the fucking forum thread without asking a question that was basically resolved by one SOE official and multiple quotes to an SOE official's twitter post, you're essentially a troll so move the fuck out and draw fire from someone else. I'm done with you. Welcome to my ignore list, can't have you cluttering up my forum browsing.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Gortha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Espion View Post
It's not covered, at all. Regardless of whether both subscribers and PCGamer keys get in at the same time, some people have been subscribed to PS1 for years without a break in subbed time, and now those people are thrown into the same bucket as any random idiot that buys an issue of PCGamer.

At a very minimum there needs to be assurances of different feedback paths for new players (PCGamer keys), veteran players (PS1 subscribers), and possibly a competitive group for addressing finer points. I'm all for more players, and a PS beta will need to be big. But everyone's feedback is not equal, and those with a higher potential for more detailed/knowledgeable feedback should be put ahead of others.

Good effort trying to satisfy that ego though.
I support this. It´s important that the feedback from Planetside Veterans
must be priorised.
Overall they know more than the average shooter Joe, what they are talking about.

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-02-15, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
Shanesan
Sergeant

You guys realize that "priority beta" like this - people getting beta in magazines - means that they don't give a shit about beta, and it's just an advertisement, right?

They should be taking this beta seriously, but instead Sony is proving they don't care about the balance or gameplay testing, and they'll just throw in random people to play and make the game look terrible.

Once again, Sony is showing their skill at making terrible decisions.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Rokazulu View Post
Oh if they send it to you in email before Feb. 28th that would save me some money.
Sorry, this got lost in the drama caused by idiots who can't read and are cluttering up the forum with their hysterical tears of rage.

The reason why I asked is because if you know what email you used on your original account you can go to SOE's Customer Support page and try to get your account recovered. I think they also have a phone number that you can call. OR, if the email you used is current and valid, then you don't have to worry.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

EDIT: took out my post. I was slightly out of context.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-02-15 at 04:46 PM.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

We get beta keys and all people do is fight over who is more valuable. Here's a hint:

Everyone reading this forum will get to play. Whether you're a PS1 veteran or not you will get to play in the PS2 beta. SOE will take your feedback regardless of your game history. They don't care, all they'll want is for you to tell them how much fun you're having.

Stop flaming about it before it gets to the point where admins have to step in.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
etheral
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zhane View Post
You've got balls to talk about ego. You think that a PS1 player's opinion should be given more weight than the unwashed masses? That's the thought process I see here. A different feedback path? My God. You really think a lot of yourself. Self important dicks give forum communities a bad rap.

Everyone's feedback is equal. Because you played a decade old game has no bearing on your ability to properly test a new one. Your opinion matters exactly as much as everyone else who may spend money on PS2. They're doing you a favor and stroking your little ego by ensuring you get in along with everyone else. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake and you are no more qualified to test and give feedback than anyone else.

And that's coming from a PS1 vet, for the record.
This absolutely needed to be said. This community is great, but the sense of entitlement some people have here is really starting to get on my nerves.

For the record: Soe/the PS2 Dev team dont owe you ANYTHING. You paid for PS1, possibly for many years, fair enough. But you havent paid so much as a penny for PS2. You are entitled to nothing but what SOE chooses to give you. It sucks, but there you are
Old 2012-02-15, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
Espion
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
And since your entire most-recent post is irrelevant to the discussion at hand, AND since you're unable to properly read the fucking forum thread without asking a question that was basically resolved by one SOE official and multiple quotes to an SOE official's twitter post, you're essentially a troll so move the fuck out and draw fire from someone else. I'm done with you. Welcome to my ignore list, can't have you cluttering up my forum browsing.
logic not compatible

also sad you did not enlighten me with your extravagant tales of PS1 ownage

Last edited by Espion; 2012-02-15 at 04:49 PM.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
I think it's just their way of getting around the fact that printed publications are usually yesterday's news, so you'll notice papers try to report what's happened in the last 24 hours, and magazines try to give a future outlook type of thing. The reason why it's the April issue but it comes out at end of Feb is probably because of some trade war... one publisher pushes out their stuff a week early, another one comes along and tries to beat them by putting out their stuff 2 weeks early... and then it just gets works from there.
Ah all right, that makes more sense
Old 2012-02-15, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
Go play with you TR buddies
He's not my buddy

For people who somehow missed the blue post by danicia or the various tweets on it...

https://twitter.com/#!/mhigby/status/169879295097962496

TA-DA!!!
Old 2012-02-15, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Gortha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zhane View Post
You've got balls to talk about ego. You think that a PS1 player's opinion should be given more weight than the unwashed masses? That's the thought process I see here. A different feedback path? My God. You really think a lot of yourself. Self important dicks give forum communities a bad rap.

Everyone's feedback is equal. Because you played a decade old game has no bearing on your ability to properly test a new one. Your opinion matters exactly as much as everyone else who may spend money on PS2. They're doing you a favor and stroking your little ego by ensuring you get in along with everyone else. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake and you are no more qualified to test and give feedback than anyone else.

And that's coming from a PS1 vet, for the record.
No - and you know it.
Close your head

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-02-15, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
I agree 100%
However I don't really care about being in-game with a new idiot player as long as SOE keep their word about giving Veterans special treatment (20% stronger, hopefully redesigned PS1 outfits) And SOE keeping their word is exactly why I'm worried, although I am impress with the amount of communication The PS team has with the fans I certainly hope that it isn't a facade.
Don't overdo it. Make us vets stand out too much in any way beyond just cosmetically, and that's just as bad as a pay-to-win strategy.

In all reality, I'm leaning more towards the all feedback is valuable attitude. If you're wanting to test the game properly and do a good job, then as a tester, all you have to do is give detailed and accurate reports of any problems you find, while a newer player may simply leave a sentce or just a few words about the problem. You feedback should be more valuable because you should be making it more valuable, not because you need a separate forum that SOE patrols more frequently to post it in.

This game needs to be a success. To me, having fun in this game will mean having lot of enemies, and the number of enemies is directly related to how popular the game is. That means the game has to be fun for everyone, not just us vets. That means that during beta, everyone has the same access, whether you played PS1 or whether you just got your key in cerial box.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2012-02-15 at 04:38 PM.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post
You guys realize that "priority beta" like this - people getting beta in magazines - means that they don't give a shit about beta, and it's just an advertisement, right?

They should be taking this beta seriously, but instead Sony is proving they don't care about the balance or gameplay testing, and they'll just throw in random people to play and make the game look terrible.

Once again, Sony is showing their skill at making terrible decisions.
Actually, throwing in random people would be PREFERABLE.

What they want is to sample from random groups of people to get a wide range of feedback. But this beta clearly favors planetside fans.

Not saying their input isn't important but you can't have them, or any other specific group, be the dominant voice in feedback. For example, if this forum is any indication, fans just want Planetside 1 again when it was in its "good old days"(Read: Not BFRs) with better graphics. Knowing MMO gamers, and I do, we all have a very gilded view of the good old days.

Although I disagree with the method, I'm not going to argue with getting priority in the beta for selfish reasons.
Old 2012-02-15, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
I agree 100%
However I don't really care about being in-game with a new idiot player as long as SOE keep their word about giving Veterans special treatment (20% stronger, hopefully redesigned PS1 outfits) And SOE keeping their word is exactly why I'm worried, although I am impress with the amount of communication The PS team has with the fans I certainly hope that it isn't a facade.
lol

where did soe promise to make ps1 veterans 20% stronger than other players?
you did some serious misreading there! don´t blame soe if they don´t keep promises they never gave. the 20% thing was about the difference between a noob and a player that already maxed all of his cert trees - a ps2 veteran.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion