Play style. Whats yours! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Paper or Plastic?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-05, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Irish
Private

Re: Play style. Whats yours!

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
Max Trooper, I loved being that guy people would run from, really hope PS2 rekindles the fear of MAX troopers, in PS1 current state there fairly easily dismissed.
ha i think when you run around a corner and see a max you shit yourself. thats always been the case. but other wise i think the smart player is always going to have an advantage over them. specially since we can SPRINT now!
Old 2012-06-05, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Everything, since you're BR40 from the start.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
SKYeXile
Major General

Ill be here again, or very close to it, i don't particularly care how its obtained, aslong as its not in a fat suit or spawn camping.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-05, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
DesertFox
Private

I usually play supporting roles.. Medic, engineer, LMG providing covering fire, tank supporting advancing infantry troops, Anti-air (ground to air), that sort of thing. I rarely enjoy flying and sniping. There seem to be pretty decent customization options in this game, so I will probably be tempted to try different roles instead of just sticking to one or two.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Irish View Post
define shock trooper
D2A Deaths Hand was arguably one of the very first 'special ops' groups in planetside, a group of people designated very specifically to stay behind enemy lines and blow gens and conduct asset denial while remaining mostly self sufficient as a unit. I hate using special ops as a term because its so easily thrown around, but in those days, it was the definition of spec ops as far as planetside would allow.

The way it worked is if D2A (or really any member of the TR on Markov, or the NC on emerald) requested it, we could drop two or three bases behind where the main fight was and sever the link between bases to deny another empire their tech capabilities or interlink abilities by blowing, and then holding the gen against extreme odds for the time. We were also usually tasked with base resecures and tower holds, what eventually became referred to as a ToD (tower of doom). In other words, we were some of the first kill whores.

This usually consisted of at least two old style pounders on lockdown along with dedicated reppers for them, supported by players with mcgs and and special assault troopers with thumpers or rocklets.

So, by shock trooper consider that and think about what a group of lone wolves could do together in a similar setup. That is what I refer to.

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Ill be here again, or very close to it, i don't particularly care how its obtained, aslong as its not in a fat suit or spawn camping.
holy shit a screenshot of planetside stats.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-05 at 03:52 AM.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
WVoneseven
Corporal

Sniping will be my first cert path!! Popping heads for the NC from miles afar.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
I have many of them

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-06-05, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I have many of them
I had a few myself, that computer died years ago. I lost a bunch of screenshots which I've only loosely held onto through other means.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-05, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
Everything, since you're BR40 from the start.
You're still an idiot.

I'll be rocking with a MAX, as ever.
Old 2012-06-05, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Irish
Private

nice only one dude reppin wolf brigade. fox! nice though future crew was massive
Old 2012-06-05, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Irish View Post
nice only one dude reppin wolf brigade. fox! nice though future crew was massive
we always had sub 100 members :P wish i had taken the top 100 though, most of our members hold a top 100 spot.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-06-05, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Irish
Private

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
D2A Deaths Hand was arguably one of the very first 'special ops' groups in planetside, a group of people designated very specifically to stay behind enemy lines and blow gens and conduct asset denial while remaining mostly self sufficient as a unit. I hate using special ops as a term because its so easily thrown around, but in those days, it was the definition of spec ops as far as planetside would allow.

The way it worked is if D2A (or really any member of the TR on Markov, or the NC on emerald) requested it, we could drop two or three bases behind where the main fight was and sever the link between bases to deny another empire their tech capabilities or interlink abilities by blowing, and then holding the gen against extreme odds for the time. We were also usually tasked with base resecures and tower holds, what eventually became referred to as a ToD (tower of doom). In other words, we were some of the first kill whores.

This usually consisted of at least two old style pounders on lockdown along with dedicated reppers for them, supported by players with mcgs and and special assault troopers with thumpers or rocklets.

So, by shock trooper consider that and think about what a group of lone wolves could do together in a similar setup. That is what I refer to.

im good with that. some of the more fun playstyle.
Old 2012-06-05, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Buggy/MA/AV/Adv.Eng. gameplay !

It's fast, teamplay oriented, sneaky, deadly and always a lot of fun. Going from foot to ride and ride to foot also made it very dynamic.
Old 2012-06-05, 06:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
LegioX
First Sergeant

90% anti-air. My plane will be decked out to do nothing but shoot down other pilots . other 10% will be inf, when i want a change of pace.
Old 2012-06-05, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

kill whoring / a2a fighter. The more kills, the more smiles on meh faces.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion