Anyone else not sure who to be "Loyal" to? ... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look a random onject of mild intrest!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Absentis
Corporal

Re: Anyone else not sure who to be "Loyal" to? ...

Being in a similar situation, I narrowed my preference down to two factions (VS and NC) to try in beta and see which I enjoy most. I'm split mainly due to liking the VS vehicles and their maneuverability and the fact that I think I'd like the NC infantry combat better. In my opinion, lore is nothing to go off of when choosing a faction for any game, so I can't give any insight as to why you should choose one or the other if you're looking at backstory.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
onwee
Sergeant

I would recommend finding people you enjoy playing with before you become faction loyal. If you enjoy your community, you will play much longer than if you join up with a faction because they have lasers or whatever.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
MrMorton
Sergeant

VS all the way, and besides the fact that I love the high accuracy weapons, I have to admit I have a slightly ulterior motive for doing this.

Idk if anyone else noticed, but while the nc and tr weapons had bullet spread when firing at full auto, the vs had NONE.

no bullet spread

that means that no matter how high the recoil is, vs can control at any moment exactly where their bullets (lasers) will go as long as they can control the recoil.

that is an insane advantage for any fight >15 meters, no matter the dps, vanu can hold down the trigger CS1.6 style and get very tight grouping.

because when it comes down to it, no one can control bullet spread, but anyone can control recoil.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by demonicale View Post
Am i the only one who is having a hard time in making his mind up on which of the 3 empires to follow?.

I played the original Planetside for years, and i played multiple empires and could never really find a home in one.

If i'm honest, if i was to look at the story i would go for the TR, as i consider them the "evil" empire over the other two.

So what is everyone else's take on this?, have you all made up your mind yet?, or is loyalty a non issue and you just want to play whatever empire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...3ZTp4eG4#t=48s

TR4LIFE!
Old 2012-06-10, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Terrence M
Private

Thumbs up Re: Anyone else not sure who to be "Loyal" to? ...

Originally Posted by onwee View Post
I would recommend finding people you enjoy playing with before you become faction loyal. If you enjoy your community, you will play much longer than if you join up with a faction because they have lasers or whatever.
^ This.

Although my first and logical choice was the NC (my playstyle has evolved over numerous other games and has influenced my first decision) -- It was the comradery of the few outfits I joined over the years (edit: after changing server and and trying out the TR) that made me loyal to TR.

Last edited by Terrence M; 2012-06-10 at 11:26 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

A word of warning if you are not Vanu then you will become Soylent Green
Old 2012-06-10, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
julfo
Sergeant

When I signed up to this forum I said I was going to support the TR. After seeing the live streams and the rest of the footage, I have to say I'm actually swayed more towards VS. I definitely won't go with NC, but it is between TR and VS for me now...
Old 2012-06-10, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kilmoran
Staff Sergeant

I am loyal to Sturmgrenadier.
Old 2012-06-10, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Am I seeing more VS love than usual in these threads? There was a noticeable slump for a couple of months there. E3 footage must be making our case for joining us.

Not long now until another faction poll will be in order. I hope we're still the underdogs, that's where we fight the best from. We're overpowered if we're given a population advantage

Maybe when beta is announced we can have another poll. Lots of new people around here lately.

VS is an easy choice if you like/don't mind wearing purple, like sci-fi laser guns, and like your tanks and aircraft to be hovering UFO style weapons of destruction.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-10 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
ChargerCarl
Corporal

Originally Posted by MrMorton View Post
Idk if anyone else noticed, but while the nc and tr weapons had bullet spread when firing at full auto, the vs had NONE.
seriously considering joining vs now
Old 2012-06-10, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Darno
Private

Originally Posted by onwee View Post
This is what I thought about doing. But there is a distinct lack of EU outfits and i don't wanna play at crazy times during the night! The only EU outfit is that TR BRTD outfit. But I don't like the TR. I still haven't decided between VS and NC.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Given the current state of the development of the game, if you are joining an empire due to a perceived advantage based on current gameplay you will be disappointed. It will change, and sooner or later it will all balance out. So go with the style of play you like, not what seems like a mechanical advantage. That will certainly change.
Old 2012-06-10, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Ratstomper
Major

I started out as VS in PS1, just based on looks. Once I saw the weapons the NC had and looked at the lore, I went to NC and never looked back. Gotta love the hard hitting weapons; the makeshift, welded-together look of their equipment and the overall freedom fighter lore. TR are a bit too totalitarian and the VS are too fanatical.

Freedom Over Oppression(, jerks)!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Ungrateful splitters. TR united all of mankind in peace and prosperity, and now you want to throw all that away to be used by corporate greed veiled in the lie of "freedom"
Old 2012-06-10, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Shiftfaced
Private

I'm actually having issues between tr and nc right now. Lore wise I would in real life go with nc because I feel I should have the right to do what I want when I want as long as it does not interfere with others doing the same thing. vs to me drink the magical kool aid to ride the comets and the tr are too controlling.

As far as weapons go, I am a fan of fast rate of fire so I am confused between nc having a slow rate. I need to see how slow. From the e3 videos it didn't seem to slow and I can manage burst fire very well. I also would like to see weapon adjustments that can be made. I see certs for acc recoil etc but not rate of fire. All will tell in beta, and who knows I may go vs and surprise myself.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion