Galaxy spawnpoint - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cancer sucks!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-07, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Piper
First Sergeant

Re: Galaxy spawnpoint

Originally Posted by kidriot View Post
Controlling spawns will be the most effective way to win any engagement in Planetside 2 come release - mark my words.
Forgive me but I think you might have missed some huge air quotes around the word Controlling there.

"Spawn camping" was always done in degrees in PS1. From placing a boomer down the caves (which had no destroyable points) to sticking an MBT gun at a tower door to Lib'ing a base exit point to Spitfiring up an AMS bubble exit. Even with the funky one way shields I'm seeing in PS2 videos and the ability to spawn fully geared rather than a PJ run to a terminal (that might have a boomer sitting on it ) it'll happen by another degree.....perhaps. Will see.

That said, those shields will help you prepare when you're in a spawn area that has them. Depends just how big the camp is outside waiting for you.

I assume, no way to know, that there will be spawn "binding" and "decon'ing" back in PS2, as they were useful tools in PS1 to have access to.

Last edited by Piper; 2012-08-07 at 05:17 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Considering that matrix panel binding is no longer in effect if it is deployed the entire empire can spawn to it from anywhere on the cont, right?
Old 2012-08-07, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Marinealver View Post
Considering that matrix panel binding is no longer in effect if it is deployed the entire empire can spawn to it from anywhere on the cont, right?
I read, heard, saw er....dunno how I'm aware of it but last I knew they will be limiting spawns to a smaller area around your death point than we were seeing in videos, so there will be fewer options.

So, no picking a spawn point at the other end of the cont', unless there is spawn binding ala PS1? Though I guess what they want instead of that and the AMS (will still miss 'em) is to use Infil's and squad spawn. At least for initial long range insertion*.

Old 2012-08-07, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
IAMDANIEL
Private

no one answered my question... lol Can we parachute from a flying vehicle?
Old 2012-08-07, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by IAMDANIEL View Post
Wait.... Are we going to be able to actually Parachute out of flying vehicles? that would be dope.....
Yup. Called "Hot-dropping". Which doesn't mean it will be named that in PS2 of course.

By default every aircraft in PS1 had a bail (or /fail as it was again nicknamed) mechanism.

Fast response outfits in PS1 would use Mossies a lot to assault bases (or secure them), gather 20 people, zip in fast, bail at the back door, surge to the gen' room or spawn's, disable base, (well first hack [not in the cheat sense ] out some heavy gear from terminals) and then mop up and get set to repel incoming.

It appears from videos that the Galaxy in PS2 will have safe bailing for passengers (maybe the pilot) by default but other aircraft you'll have to install ejector seats as a modification.

"Tower whores" would also love to bail on top of towers and work down from the top, surprising people who were focused on the fight below at the door entrances.

One thing to remember about Gal' drops is they are big fat orbital strike targets. Co-ordinated Mos drops would suffer less from this, as defenders knew about the incoming for a shorter amount of time. That will likely still be the case in PS2 I would imagine.

Last edited by Piper; 2012-08-07 at 05:03 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Kain
Private

Wait.... Are we going to be able to actually Parachute out of flying vehicles? that would be dope.....
Nah, we use you passengers like bombs..... there is no parachute :P
Old 2012-08-07, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
IAMDANIEL
Private

Nice...... theres something about this game that has ahold of me unlike anyother. i have to play it. no other game has ever tempted me to buy a new pc just for it like this one has. i <3 it. it better not break my heart.
Old 2012-08-07, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
megamold
Second Lieutenant

Nice...... theres something about this game that has ahold of me unlike anyother. i have to play it. no other game has ever tempted me to buy a new pc just for it like this one has. i <3 it. it better not break my heart.
take heart in the fact that it has already been done, so its not some sort of impossible pipe dream they have going
Old 2012-08-07, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Nah, we use you passengers like bombs..... there is no parachute :P
Well ANT bombs at the start. Got to admit that a MAX without its grav-chute would make a mess of a squishy.
Old 2012-08-07, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
IAMDANIEL
Private

Originally Posted by megamold View Post
take heart in the fact that it has already been done, so its not some sort of impossible pipe dream they have going
i already bought to 550ti card. just waiting for my next check to buy the rest.
Old 2012-08-07, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i already bought to 550ti card. just waiting for my next check to buy the rest.
i bought an entirely new pc as a result of ps2
geforce gtx670 over here
Old 2012-08-07, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
IAMDANIEL
Private

so i shouldnt feel too bad forking out another 350 bucks... im not going big or anything, ill actually link what im getting.. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...8604&CatId=332

its a big upgrade from my amd athlon 64x2 duel core 2.8 and my gt9500
Old 2012-08-07, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
megamold
Second Lieutenant

in my opinion you should never feel bad for forking out your own hard earned cash, i worked for it so i could/should spend it.

thats actually pretty cheap, my new pc ( without case, power supply and hard drives ) set me back about 1100$ us
so far its been well worth it.

let me just note that i didnt buy it JUST for planetside2, ps2 is just the game that got me back into pc gaming after a 5 year absence

Last edited by megamold; 2012-08-07 at 05:38 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
IAMDANIEL
Private

i would love to be able to do that, but i cant be blinded by the beauty of ps2 too much.
still need about 3500us for my drivers license.. thats kinda important... lol
Old 2012-08-07, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i would love to be able to do that, but i cant be blinded by the beauty of ps2 too much.
still need about 3500us for my drivers license.. thats kinda important... lol
3500$ for a drivers license?
damn thats expensive, over here (eu) you can go for a license for as little as 70$
even with official driving lessons its nowhere near that expensive

/offtopic

Last edited by megamold; 2012-08-07 at 05:44 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion