Twitter holders get in 2-3 weeks from now? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like a jet engine duct taped to a moped.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-06, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Tarconus
Corporal

Re: Twitter holders get in 2-3 weeks from now?

In all honesty, the only things vets should get over everyone else is a cosmetic item saying they were the vet of the first war, or something like that. What this has shown me though is that vets opinions will matter above everyone elses, so there really is no reason to even try and make suggestions.

There are nice vets on here, but the ones in here making fun of key holders, you have just as much a sense of entitlement as everyone else, the difference is your entitlement got given into.
Old 2012-08-06, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
brighthand
Corporal

Originally Posted by Tarconus View Post
In all honesty, the only things vets should get over everyone else is a cosmetic item saying they were the vet of the first war, or something like that. What this has shown me though is that vets opinions will matter above everyone elses, so there really is no reason to even try and make suggestions.

There are nice vets on here, but the ones in here making fun of key holders, you have just as much a sense of entitlement as everyone else, the difference is your entitlement got given into.
I pointed out earlier on, the fact that the invites will come in waves; which means that after the vets have had their say, other players can come in and say their peace -and it would matter, because, as many have already said, they are trying to make the game for alot of people. So some non-vet feedback will probably be taken into consideration to ensure that the game is moving forward.

I just hope it doesn't devlove into something compromised and simplified so that 'everyone can win' and feel good about themselves.

Man, if I ever owned a game developement studio, I'd probably design a game whose difficulty level would hurt the feeble self esteem of some people today.
Old 2012-08-06, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Snipergirl
Private

hah! after Reading this thread. i think SOE Doesn't even care about the new players. i lost hope in this. also they are saying 2 - 3 weeks? that's like 2 months for SOE! true story. cya guys later!!!
Old 2012-08-06, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
sagolsun
Corporal

Oh the drama in this thread.

PS1 player feedback is obviously more valuable. This isn't a new franchise, it's PS2. Veteran players have endured the caverns and robots, they have a better idea of where the game went wrong. It's only logical they get in first.
Old 2012-08-06, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Steambot
Private

Originally Posted by Snipergirl View Post
hah! after Reading this thread. i think SOE Doesn't even care about the new players. i lost hope in this. also they are saying 2 - 3 weeks? that's like 2 months for SOE! true story. cya guys later!!!
*facepalm*

No. Just, no.

Although I am irritated that I have to wait a couple of weeks before I get in, because I used the PC Gamer key, I understand that vets should have high priority over me and others.
Old 2012-08-06, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
kidwithstick
Corporal

Originally Posted by Snipergirl View Post
dont let the door hit you on the ass.
Old 2012-08-06, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Crator
Major General

Alls I gots to say is, "You're damned if you do and your damned if you don't"... Get over it. Priority key holders, your key is not insignificant. You're getting in to closed beta. Before the general populace gets in when open beta starts. Hell, you get in before regular (non key holders) beta signup accounts. Who knows how long that time will be but I'm betting that time will be fairly significant.

And yes, not only should PS1 vets contribute to discussions involving PS2 on the beta forums but new people as well. Stop being so butt hurt...

I do agree that they maybe probably could have been more forward and clearer with all the key/active sub/vet info far ahead of time. Seems like they were figuring that stuff out on the fly...

Last edited by Crator; 2012-08-06 at 07:21 PM.
Old 2012-08-06, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Xeller
Corporal

Another day, another "I'm entitled to X because I did Y" thread.

SOE doesn't owe you anything. It's beta, not a marketing push. Anyone who has ever had any experience with software development knows that dates during development are fickle. Honestly, Smedley should have a disclaimer for every tweet but that would be hard to fit in under 140 characters. It would save the headache of the same thread being opened every single day.

Take a chill pill, play another game. Three weeks isn't a long time.
Old 2012-08-06, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Micheal Phelpz
Private

Originally Posted by Xeller View Post
-snip-

Yeah, except if you look at our standpoint we were hit with delays, only to get told that we had an time for when it would come out, and we get told another month about to wait.

Plus, some of us got school starting, so we wont even have a good amount of time to playtest it.
Old 2012-08-06, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
oENDERo
Private

Originally Posted by Xeller View Post
Another day, another "I'm entitled to X because I did Y" thread.

SOE doesn't owe you anything. It's beta, not a marketing push. Anyone who has ever had any experience with software development knows that dates during development are fickle. Honestly, Smedley should have a disclaimer for every tweet but that would be hard to fit in under 140 characters. It would save the headache of the same thread being opened every single day.

It is a long time when college and school starts in 2 weeks, and some of us actually have shit to do. Also, it is a marketing push. All Access Pass? Ha...

Most of our concern comes from the lack of information given to us non-followers of PSU. I got brought in here by a friend today. And I do play other games. Probably far too many. PS2 is the game I had hoped to play two fridays ago, and now i'm going to end up waiting about 3 weeks, when i'll have plenty of other things to do that involve time consuming activities, moving into to an apartment, working, balancing college classes. This may not be the case with alot of players, but for the ones that it does affect, it is highly frustrating.

I'm not trying to sound entitled, if you were in the same boat as me you'd be pissed too. If i had known this was the case i would have bought a damn subscription to a dead game.
Old 2012-08-06, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Xeller
Corporal

Originally Posted by oENDERo View Post
It is a long time when college and school starts in 2 weeks, and some of us actually have shit to do. Also, it is a marketing push. All Access Pass? Ha...

Most of our concern comes from the lack of information given to us non-followers of PSU. I got brought in here by a friend today. And I do play other games. Probably far too many. PS2 is the game I had hoped to play two fridays ago, and now i'm going to end up waiting about 3 weeks, when i'll have plenty of other things to do that involve time consuming activities, moving into to an apartment, working, balancing college classes. This may not be the case with alot of players, but for the ones that it does affect, it is highly frustrating.

I'm not trying to sound entitled, if you were in the same boat as me you'd be pissed too. If i had known this was the case i would have bought a damn subscription to a dead game.
I am in the same boat. I work full time right now and school starts up for me the last week of August, and it is going to be a hell of a semester. That means the likelihood of me playing much during summer is pretty slim. I agree SOE has done a poor job with dates, but as I said everything should be taken with a grain of salt because it is a developing product.

You can view it as a marketing push because they tried to milk some money out but I guarantee you that this beta is needed and vital for development. A beta for this kind of product gives you invaluable information before an official release.

It is frustrating. But look at it this way, if they didn't give us dates and just said that beta was going to open in late August/September people would still be upset because it is at the tail end of summer.

Just look forward to all the hours we can put in during Christmas break
Old 2012-08-06, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

So much QQ. I want beta now , WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST
Old 2012-08-06, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by FortySe7en View Post
So much QQ. I want beta now , WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Initiate the WAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH
Old 2012-08-06, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Initiate the WAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH
I like the way you think.

Seriously though, what's with all this damn racket? You have a key and didn't get in?! Half the people in here are bitching because they didn't get in now and school starts so they can't play as much.

Which means all you wanted to do was play, not test. Get over it you big babies.

I'll be the first one to admit, I'm a PS1 vet, and after putting up with BFRs and Caverns, I deserve more than you.
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST
Old 2012-08-06, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Micheal Phelpz
Private

Originally Posted by FortySe7en View Post
I like the way you think.

Seriously though, what's with all this damn racket? You have a key and didn't get in?! Half the people in here are bitching because they didn't get in now and school starts so they can't play as much.

Which means all you wanted to do was play, not test. Get over it you big babies.

I'll be the first one to admit, I'm a PS1 vet, and after putting up with BFRs and Caverns, I deserve more than you.
Good lord, is this what the PS1 vet community is like? Now im actually turned off from playing/testing the game almost entirely now if it will be filled with people like you.

You guys call me self entitled? look in the mirror holy crud.

Nice ninja edit btw, you said that you were better than us, nice try though.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion