Higby Live Stream NOW - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu = Barney and Friends
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-08, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Higby Live Stream NOW

lol, The music from the NC makes it sound like its from Firefly.
Old 2012-08-08, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
maddoggg
Sergeant

Originally Posted by drennam View Post
Big thx bro!
Old 2012-08-08, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
VikingKong
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Liwen Diamond View Post
What I learned watching this footage : I have nothing to fear from Higby should I ever pick VS or TR as my Empire. :P
Indeed. He was really letting the side down, there. ¬_¬
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?
Old 2012-08-08, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Wumpus
Private

I watched about an hour of this stream in HD before he closed it. It really was amazing - here's my review:

The graphics were pretty incredible. I can't wait to see a continent with lots of trees and foliage and green landscapes but this one with cliffs and rocky/sandy terrain is nice and visually appealing to me. Reminds me of a more realistic Borderlands. Half-way through Higby fast forwarded to night-time and it was jaw-dropping. Tracers and laser beams everywhere -watching the dark silhouette of a MAX in the distance gradually illuminate from the gunfire and sparks he's receiving was a treat. The flare of rockets lighting up the area of their trajectory was likewise inspiring.

Infantry animations were better than I expected them to be. Not quite Battlefield 3 level, but probably the next best and wonderful to see in a game the scale of PS2. Soliders appeared to move with some weight to them, a bit of leaning here and there as they run or switch positions. MAX units were incredible - very strong and quick movements as powered armor should allow.

The netcode appears very strong already at this point. I saw very little warping or lag even with what I would guess as 3 dozen infantry and a few vehicles on the screen. It was annoying that Higby was constantly "doing his own thing" for most of the first half, but when he started hanging and working with a squad it all came together. There was a long stretch when he advanced with mates from terrain to tower to terrain to bunker to terrain to subcomplex then courtyard then main base without dieing (ok he probably died once) and it really reminded me that no game has done this since PS. Not even close. A true sandbox FPSMMO we can all look forward to.

It made me realize that the point capture system of BF3 is really designed to divide the population. If one side works together to cap a single point the other team who splits up and takes the rest will win. This results in skirmishes that have no definite lines of battle drawn.

None of that nonsense in PS2 - the line of battle was very apparent at all times. Even when Hibgy respawned and ran back to the front (yes there's actually a front) multiple allies who were not even in his squad were there holding the line. Now that there is a focus on terrain control via hexes, there were as many outdoor battles as indoor.

I can't wait to get into beta. That is all.
Old 2012-08-08, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Noctis
Staff Sergeant

We can also understand:
There are alot of stalemates;
Random pod drops on enemy lines will get you killed;
Sniping is really hard to get used to with projectile weapons at long ranges (thus our dear Higby isn't the best at such thing);
There are alot of different assists;
Sunderer is slightly overpowered;
HA AV launcher is well balanced and armors rule the battlefield.
Old 2012-08-08, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

So they HAVE butchered the original orchestral NC Main Theme, haven't they ? Sad sad.... Waiting to hear some of the orchestrated TR music.

The leaks already sounded good so the end result should be even better.

Edit: I do find that for a game supposed to play fast, they do spend a lot of time in menus. Spend 40 seconds in Menuside customizing/choosing the right spawn point, run a while and die in less time than it takes to say "Oh s...!". For the same amount of timer seconds in PS1, you got more shooting seconds than in PS2 it seems.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-08-08 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2012-08-08, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Craftyatom
Corporal

What I learned watching this footage : I have nothing to fear from Higby should I ever pick VS or TR as my Empire. :P
Lol agreed.

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
lol, The music from the NC makes it sound like its from Firefly.
I know, I heard what sounded like the opening riff to the theme halfway through and was like, "Is someone playing Firefly?"
Old 2012-08-08, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Levente
First Sergeant

cant watch the vid im at work, how was the lag guys? still laggy jumping tanks or is it fixed?
Old 2012-08-08, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Craftyatom
Corporal

Originally Posted by Levente View Post
how was the lag guys?
The video wasn't completely smooth, but it looked more like streaming problems than game problems to me.
Old 2012-08-08, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Poser
Staff Sergeant

The part with the van thingy was amazing. It was like what all the BF trailers show, but fail to deliver in-game.
Old 2012-08-08, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
adddemon
Corporal

unless you name yourself higbymustdie, then you will get worldkicked!
Old 2012-08-08, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Poser
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Craftyatom View Post
The video wasn't completely smooth, but it looked more like streaming problems than game problems to me.
The warpping was in-game lag...
Old 2012-08-08, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Klockan
First Sergeant

Lots of stuff disappeared when he was at the crowded area. Hope they fix that somehow.
Old 2012-08-08, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
VikingPignvin
Private

Remember that this is the first time they let the mass in... So it's normal that theese kin of problems appear. Thats why its beta
Old 2012-08-08, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
AtlantisThief
Private

Awesome thanks for uploading, there is only one thing i dont like about PS2 now ... the "music" on death and respawn... sounds to me like some kind of bad ass cowboy music instead of a sci-fi war shooter.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion