My God. They've neutered the Crown. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you can read this you're too close.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-31, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
PredatorFour
Major

Re: My God. They've neutered the Crown.

Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
It was terrible for battle flow and sucked up a disproportionate amount of resources of the faction that was defending it, I welcome the changes.
So true, the crown sucked balls. Whoever owned it generally lost most of their territory because of it.
Old 2013-05-31, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
The crown has been dead for months, and thankfully so. Bio labs have been the go to farm palace that everyone can't seem to leave.
LOL so true, I hated alerts on INDAR because of the crown. I mean strategically its a good spot. You can deploy to anywhere on the map in half the time, but most of the time you just spent your time defending it. I remember during alerts, who ever held the crown was usually the faction that was going to get the worst percetage.
Old 2013-05-31, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Anybody else notice that two of the cap points aren't even *on* the Crown anymore...? They're downhill, underneath one of two bridges that funnel traffic up to the top of the hill. It's no longer defensible. It's impossible. From being the scene of some of the greatest king-h*ll battles in Auraxian history it's been reduced to a ten-minute speedbump.

And here I thought we'd made such strides in getting the devs to understand how defensibility contributed to gameplay, what with all this talk of lessons learned and base redesign and WALLS and stuff. Why in Mother Terra's name was this done? They aren't going to *leave* it that way... are they?

/bursts into tears

(Yeah, I shamelessly copypasted this from the official forums. Yeah, I want to hear what the old school vets think about this. I'm still appalled. IMHO it's a big step bass-ackwards.)
I wonder how The crown have been defended for hours at Miller then....
Old 2013-05-31, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zadexin
Corporal

I love the changes to the crown. Keeps the noobs from wandering off.

Also for those saying it is indefensible I say BAH!

As part of ODAM we were able to take it, go off to capture palisades, come back with 2/3 points taken, and recap the whole thing and hold it from concerted attack for as long as we wanted.

It really comes down to numbers and how coordinated the forces are defending it.

Now they just need to do something with Eisa Tech plant on eskimo-ear.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion