Amerish 2.0 Feedback thread - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beware teh lakes!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-22, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mordelicius
Major

Amerish 2.0 Feedback thread

Post your feedback on the reconstructed and latticed Amerish.

Some preliminary impressions:

Negatives:
- Pre-patch concerns about Magriders humping Amerish hills weren't addressed. Either they should reduce Magrider's ability to easily ride steep slopes or make more alterations to the bases.

- Instant action spawn logic not updated to reflect the lattice. Getting put to bases that can't be captured or worse, instant action to another continent? Now add the frustration of redeploying to bases you didn't pick or WORSE, respawning to another base after dying on another (what?), it's not a good experience, especially for newbies.

- Aircraft dominates due to the lack of towers(and hence AA Turrets). They have to add AA turrets to bases. Players just stack ESFs or Libs to blow up Sunderers. They also need to add AV turrets on bases as well. VS has a huge advantage with the magrider sticking on slopes and shooting on a wide range of angles that is hard to counter with just infantry.

- The lattice links need some tweaking. The Indar lattice link is EXCELLENT. Esamir linking is good except on the NE and inner SE side (exactly, that great skydock base in the middle of nowhere is wasted; nobody ever comes there, much less fight). Amerish links are all over the place.

Example: They didn't mixed up the Biolabs and Tech plants. Two Biolabs are close together and two Techplants are close together. These bases are chokepoints. You have major chokepoints close to each other. Traffic will be gnarled and blocked back and forth killing any kind of flow. While in the north, there is a free flowing mix of zerg back capping or major fights on the lanes.

The underlying problem here is the actual continental geography. These mountainous regions just aren't for pvping. Magriders just glide and flank on the mountains. TR and NC has to go through roads uphill getting smashed by VS Max AV and Lancers.

VS heavily favored by the new bases - VS is still the EZ mode faction (best guns, best tanks, best ESF, best Max, best special gun Lasher). The VS has many OP stuff that the only thing they've complained about up to now are their beamer. Apparently their pistols are the only non OP thing. And watch out for the Reddit circlejerk on buffing the Magrider for omnidirection boost. (translation: give the VS an immortal tank).

With Amerish they are getting more advantage because their equipment is heavily favored with the terrain and the new bases.

Scythe hover, dump and instant accelerate (with no AA turrets). Lashers are instant supression fire. Lashers need a major nerf. You can't just shoot on a door or a cave opening and stop a dozen players from even peeking. Magriders glide through terrain and dominate like hell because they can overlook bases, flank sunderers/vehicles and easily used to dominate infantry areas. Vanu stuff are OP in high elevations. You got long ranged Maxes, Lancers that can decimate the enemy before we can even counter. Then they got the Magriders on the side of the mountains. Why do the devs keep rebuffing the Magriders. Their abilities was fixed along time ago. They keep putting back what's broken in the first place. How long are the developers going to treat the VS as the faction that is too important to fail? Eight months of turning a blind eye on an utterly broken ZOE wasn't enough. They have best guns since launch (no downsides). The VS has won pretty much all events. They need to be levelled with the NC and TR.

Positives:

- They fixed as much tangled, snaking roads as much as they can. Amerish roads and pathways are still lightyears away from Esamir (much less Indar). The problem is many of the roads cut through mountains. Zergs get destroyed before they can even get close.

- Many the new bases are well designed. There were alot of 'ooohs and aahhs' reaction to the new base designs. Unfortunately there aren't many fights. Many players are tangled up the dual Biolab and dual Tech plant choke points, playing zerg ping pong to even reach around the map.

Currently, the negatives outweigh the positives. So much so, that getting back to Indar and Esamir feels like a breath of fresh air. First, they have to fix the flow from region to region in Amerish. What use is a good base if nobody fights in it? Like I said earlier, that Skydock base in SE Esamir was well done and well praised. Goodluck finding a good fight in there EVER .
Old 2014-02-22, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
JohnnyRicardo
Corporal

Re: Amerish 2.0 Feedback thread

I'll have to play on the new Amerish a bit more before i come to any conclusions, but during the few hours I played it seems like air has a huge advantage at the moment.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Amerish is my wet fantasy for PS2 base design. There are areas where it's infantry only but my Beloved Tanks can still influence the fight without being stupid OP.

My absolute favorite part of New-Amerish is the immersion. Though there's no mechanical purpose to the facility, with each facility having a theme in visual appearance it created a convincing illusion that this base was relevant, and I love that. Please re-do Indar and Esamire with a greater focus on Immersion!

Aircraft have always had a easier time on Amerish, but with the new base designs and structures having a greater focus on Infantry-Only areas, it's pretty easy to ignore or pull AA and detour aircraft. Tanks have a somewhat easier time with the new roads and the dotting of more trees makes it easier for Tanks to hide or attempt to hide from Aircraft.... All around vehicle combat feels so much more comfortable on new-Amerish.

Overall though Tanks still suffer and have little reason at all to be spawned given the current mechanics and build of PS2. Tanks need a serious overhaul.... But again the new base design is leagues better then Esamire in allowing Tanks to participate in the fight! I love it!

Amerish DOES need more Anti-Air phalanx turrets, for example Tumas Skylance Battery, as the name suggests it's a facility built with Anti-Air as the focus except..... There's no AA turrets beyond the two decoration piece cannons, but 4 Anti-Tank Phalanx turrets?

On that same note Base-Defense turrets need another armor or HP buff, I bet if you looked at the stats players are rarely using them because they die to easily and overall serve no signifigant purpose in actually defending the base. Alternatively we need new variations of Phalanx Turrets... Lock-On Missile Launchers with greater range then the Infantry variants, Mortars with a high-arc so they can actually defend a faciltiy from the enemy hiding behind that wall, so on etc....

Total dream but I'd like for some facilities to have unique faction-specific themed base-turrets.... Example: Add function to the NC Arsenal by making that missile-silo into a giant-TV Guided missile launcher that has the range, to influence fights at the neighboring facility's, Make those decoration turrets at Tumas Skylance Battery functional for players to blast at incoming enemies. There doesn't have to be a lot of these but dot the map with some unique facilities with unique turret systems that has the range to influence neighboring facilities.

Bigger is Always Better.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-02-22 at 08:24 AM.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Snoopy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Post your feedback on the reconstructed and latticed Amerish.

Some preliminary impressions:

VS heavily favored by the new bases - VS is still the EZ mode faction (best guns, best tanks, best ESF, best Max, best special gun Lasher). The VS has many OP stuff that the only thing they've complained about up to now are their beamer. Apparently their pistols are the only non OP thing. And watch out for the Reddit circlejerk on buffing the Magrider for omnidirection boost. (translation: give the VS an immortal tank).
lol they really aren't overpowered though... Every single faction complains about the rest, thinking everything they have is 'OP'. That is, in essence, the nature of this game...

But anyway, I'm not a fan of The Ascent. It's huge! Even with a platoon (about the best we can muster up on Briggs, even in an alert on a Saturday night ) we spent most of the time running from point to point, trying to hold off an enemy platoon of equal size. It's a fucking awesome base, I love the new design and the cave etc, but I think [C] point needs to be more central.
Old 2014-02-22, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

I absolutely love It, best base design update yet, actually got some decent infantry fights without tank shell spam interrupting, only liberators were annoying.

NC Arsenal particularly at night is the coolest base I've yet seen in PS2, but overall I like the extra attention to detail giving each base its own character, keep it up!

Old 2014-02-22, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
lol they really aren't overpowered though... Every single faction complains about the rest, thinking everything they have is 'OP'. That is, in essence, the nature of this game...

But anyway, I'm not a fan of The Ascent. It's huge! Even with a platoon (about the best we can muster up on Briggs, even in an alert on a Saturday night ) we spent most of the time running from point to point, trying to hold off an enemy platoon of equal size. It's a fucking awesome base, I love the new design and the cave etc, but I think [C] point needs to be more central.
Im guessing he's one of those delete the vanu people
Old 2014-02-22, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Dear god the OP is wrong about VS. Wow.

I will admit I found one area on Amerish in particular that allowed the Lasher to shine... but come on, we're talking about the Lasher here. It can be very difficult to get kills with that weapon. If anything, the cone on the Lasher could stand a buff considering what it's designed for. The fire rate is very slow. The velocity is super slow. The damage is very weak. The only thing it has going for it is having some splash damage. The cone could be tightened up considering it's supposed to be a suppression weapon.

Actually, in every part of your VS rant you seem to be wrong, at least from my time on Amerish. "VS is still the EZ mode faction" - what? I thought the VS and NC considered TR to be, since they are the 'spray 'n pray' faction that allow you to miss with a billion bullets and still be able to get kills.

Last edited by Jaybonaut; 2014-02-22 at 02:09 PM.
Old 2014-02-22, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
Amerish is my wet fantasy for PS2 base design. There are areas where it's infantry only but my Beloved Tanks can still influence the fight without being stupid OP....
This right here is among my favorite part of the base designs. That and all bases seem to have concessions made to improve flow of combat once the base has been contested. That and some of these bases just look God Damn beautiful!

I'll have to play some more on Amerish before offering specifics. I will only say that Magriders getting in where they're not supposed to has been an issue since before launch. (And to those VS who just wet their panties in anger over that statement, shut up. If I could get a Prowler somewhere where Vannies and Maggies couldn't, you know damn well that you'd be howling about it.)

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-02-22, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

People really need to actually play the game on all 3 factions before expressing any opinions...

EDIT: And i don't mean getting rank 3 and yelling 'OP' like most people do...

Last edited by Plaqueis; 2014-02-22 at 07:45 PM.
Old 2014-02-22, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

Actually no on woodman we just had a nice 3 way discussion where we agreed the TR and NC have awful weapons but the VS are OP as hell.

I like it for the most part BUT some of the bases have the spawn stupidly far away from the spawn point, it literally becomes almost impossible to defend a base as you need to travel so far to reach the point when you die that you actually need a sundie setup next to it as the defenders.

Oh and I DESPITE heyoka toxic plant... moat of instant death with bridges for vehicles only the defenders can use and some small easily bottlenecked bridges to access it? its almost impossible to take that place without a HUGE numbers advantage
Old 2014-02-22, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Snoopy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Actually no on woodman we just had a nice 3 way discussion where we agreed the TR and NC have awful weapons but the VS are OP as hell.
Yeah, but you also suggest removing infiltrators and revives. smh

Having spent significant time across all factions, I don't think any one faction is under-powered nor overpowered. The whole point of the game isn't that every faction is identical. It isn't the easiest thing to balance, but the Devs have done a pretty good job.

Last edited by Snoopy; 2014-02-23 at 12:15 AM.
Old 2014-02-23, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Well I think this thread got derailed from Amerish talk....
Old 2014-02-23, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

This is just a poorly disguised "Nerf VS" thread.

Also OP:

Old 2014-02-23, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
DynamoECT
Private

No guys the OP and Barney are right, I had a three way conversation on Woodman too, with the King of Vanu and Queen of TR and CEO of NC who are all real and not voices in my head at all, and they all agreed with me that Vanu's guns all fire tactical nukes at 1000rpm and the other factions only have kittens and whimsy, and there's this massive conspiracy to keep every single aspect of the game biased towards one faction even though you'd think that was a terrible business model but no it's true they told me and if I keep repeating it on the forums eventually everyone will agree with me
Old 2014-02-23, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

So the VS have a constant 40%+ pop on Mattherson just because 40% of people love purple uniforms?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion