Lonewolfs: Do you enjoy PS2? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People who spend the time to send in quotes have no life.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-23, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
OCNSethy
Major

Re: Lonewolfs: Do you enjoy PS2?

Im finding I lonewolf more than I would like. This is mainly due to the fact my team mates are O/s, on a different time zone. By the time I get on to play for any length of time, they have all gone to bed :/
Old 2014-03-23, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
The evidence suggests otherwise
Honestly the stats he posted suggest that he doesnt care.

When I see stats like that I assume they are being posted simply to share the guys in game name and maybe to let other posters know that he has played the game enough to have awareness and knowledge of the game.
Old 2014-03-25, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Obstruction
First Sergeant

the majority of my playtime, and 100% of the most enjoyable playtime, is just me and my gunner in the lib. i think that still counts as lonewolfing, although it's in a squad of just us two, and maybe with tail gunner more recently.

if it grows beyond that, even adding in a mossie or another lib team, the chatter and teamwork-pressure drains the fun out of it. joining a full on outfit-ops platoon with the wanna be military guy barking orders... the truth is i either mute that guy, turn down platoon VOIP, or leave platoon.

this goes a bit beyond the original proposition, but it further explains why i lonewolf. a certain percent of players take this game way too seriously. it's like they have their real job where some guy tells them what to do all day, then they come home and they have their hobby-job where some guy tells them what to do all night. next they need like a hobby for their hobby-job, to relieve the stress from their hobby-job. i guess that is why there's crafting in MMORPGs.

anyway, we have found that we perform best when we are unburdened by command. we have the most fun, we get the most kills/score/what-have-you, and have the most effect on the map, when we go where we want and do what we want.

if we do play on the ground we usually join random platoons that seem to be doing what we want to do. like we'll go where they go, more or less, but never listen to the idiot in command. that's sort of a given. and i still think of it as lonewolfing.
Old 2014-03-25, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
almalino
First Sergeant

I play lonewolf but some time ago I was enjoying joining pub Platoon led by Zhukov on Miller

This guy not only gives orders like military but he also constantly talking trying to inspire us to fight harder to win.

But recently I do not see him often on the Planetside that is sad.
Old 2014-03-25, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Grizzo
Private

Yep Lone wolf also. That way I remain flexible and do what I want. I will, however, do my best at helping our faction, seeing where needs more support and what I can do to help and pull whatever vehicle or class that I think would be the most useful.
If I receive a squad/platoon invite, then I generally accept and follow the orders if I feel the leadership is good and I agree with his thinking. Otherwise I'll leave.
Old 2014-03-25, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Teira
Private

I used to enjoy it playing lonewolf style, but then they managed to f**k up the cloak, so now I have to play in a platoon.
Old 2014-03-25, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Teira View Post
I used to enjoy it playing lonewolf style, but then they managed to f**k up the cloak, so now I have to play in a platoon.
What is wrong with cloak? Stalker cloak is awesome. I get 5-10 kills with a pistol before I die with it So cool.
Old 2014-03-25, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
LayZ
Private

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Im finding I lonewolf more than I would like. This is mainly due to the fact my team mates are O/s, on a different time zone. By the time I get on to play for any length of time, they have all gone to bed :/
Same situation with me, I usually don't play until 9/8c, sometimes later. Most outfits will do their ops an hour prior to that and all that is left is half a squad by the time the op is done.

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
joining a full on outfit-ops platoon with the wanna be military guy barking orders... the truth is i either mute that guy, turn down platoon VOIP, or leave platoon.
Yeah, this is what kills it for me. Too many wannabe armchair commanders. Many of these guys probably would wash out the first week of basic. As a US Army veteran, I get a kick out of these guys every once in a while. Worst ones are the 12 year olds.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion