Improvement: Some suggestions and my opinion about current state of PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: you'll need a seatbelt for your computer chair.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-08-04, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lonbeard
Private

Some suggestions and my opinion about current state of PS2

Hello my fellow Auraxians,

I am so kind to share some thoughts about the current state of PS2 POV infantry mostly if you are so kind to forgive me some language mistakes as english is not my native language.

Deploy management
- Squad Deployment is a really useful tool and I often use it. It Would be nice to get a preview where you gonna drop when you have redeployed or died. When you are alive you see the position and get the countdown so you have enough time. When you are dead it is instant and you've got no chance to see where your SL is. Often enough your SL is in a vehicle or hidden inbetween other colorful number dots.
- Deploying to bases far away. Let's pretend I am too lazy to drive or fly to my new destination on the other side of the continent. So I have to redeploy 3 to 4 times to get where you want? Please just add additional respawn time instead of this pain in the ass.
- I like to place a personal waypoint before squad deploying for a save zone and orientation when dropping. Works as intended on the current continent, but when i go on another continent with it I can't set the waypoint.
- When squad deploying while alive my equipped second loadout is changed to the first one (medic)

Airplanes vs infantry
- I hate them :P I know that's my problem that I am no pilot and they farm me as infantry. And I won't even start about the Lolpod damage, but the point I am really pissed off about is that I can't even HEAR them when they hover. At least I could avoid them if I could hear them before they open fire. If I didn't that would be my fault, but that would give me at least a better chance to run from them.

Harassers - or the better Lightning
- Mounted grenade launcher or armor piercing chaingun, fast as hell and can take some damage. That's a little too much pros in my opinion. Wanna have fun in the game? Cert a harasser in Fury and Nitro, spam-kill infantry, run away, repair, repeat. I know this is only one point of view, but it happens so often - without me looking for a fight against a harasser and then crying about it - that it gets annoying.

Lock-on missiles. Especially ground to air
Tell me - why did I buy this crap again? Almost everything can dodge it, outrun it or has flares / smoke ready. Great for scaring planes away without killing them or in use in groups.

Fullscreen map when dead
- The new chat window should not be click-through-able
- Keyboard shortcuts should work (e.g. P)
- Possibly add an overlay for voice chat

Droppodding into death
-Please preview the control points and their faction state on the minimap
- View where teammates are
- View where spoted enemies are or simplified nogo areas

Evolution to mass battles only
- Lattice nice way to control battle flow, but to few mostly mass battles where the single person doesn't really matter anymore
- Alerts - it seems at least less of them now, for what I am happy

Capturing / defending bases
You get overrun, got the point and wait 90% of the time in front of your spawn room. That is as interesting for the defending as it is for the attacking force. Good job adding a teleporter to the spawn room. I'd like to see more of that.
To the large bases now. As soon as they get you locked in the spawn room and the generators are down you are fucked. Most of the inexperienced, frightened or lame players just stay in the spawn room and wait for the enemy to peak out of cover to get some useless kills while the SCU is destroyed and they wonder whyt happened. At that point the battle is lost in most cases. Perhaps they need some motivation to get out there - some max time in spawn room and you get punished when you exceed it? Perhaps they don't know about tunnels or teleporters. You could show it to them when they are in the respawn screen as separate respawn points on the map.
Just an idea - add an automated order popping up somewhere on the screen like "Take back A point" or "Repair western shield generator" - even before respawning. When pressing accept they already spawn at the right place (not having to use the unknown tunnels) or they are shown somehow to get to that place safely.
I am sorry if i repeat some thing that are in the PS2 training - I never did it so I don't know what's already covered there. Perhaps transfer some hints from that training to the game for new players?

New Esamir bases / wall design
Nice idea to make Esamir the infantry friendly continent. Props for that, ... BUT
- 1 or 2 entries only per base? Are slaughter bottle necks and running round the half base to get to them really intended? That sucks.
- Fix the elevators in the octagon.
- The design of the bases with the walls around them remembers me more of some kind of overcrowded Quake3 or CS map than PS2.
- Please kill the Octagon designer.
- The walls are ugly.

Squad / platoon
- Please send a notification when you get promoted to SL / PL
- I don't know if it is intentional that you have to resupply when promoted to SL to get your beacon, but I like it - less abusing it on the fly as spawn option when the beacon of another one is down.
- Please show the SL if his beacon is still up and running or has been destroyed.

Sunderers
- Please show me somehow on the minimap as symbol which one is the deployed one.
- You could add a notification for the backup sundy owner that it could be deployed at that point now. Probably add some kind of remote deploy?

Chat
- Please dont make the revive popup disabling everything else. i would like to be able to finish my chat e.g.
- Would be nice to have a new tab in the chat box for private conversations or create one with right click for a person

Big Boobs
- Congrats and thank you - you went all the way through to the end! (Or just read boobs...)

Tell me what you think about it!

One last thing: is it my dirty keyboard or why can I steer my drop pod to the left and upwards but not really to the right and downwards?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault