New Infiltrator tools - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Didn't I wear this shirt the day after yesterday?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-08-30, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MummelWurst
Private

New Infiltrator tools

Hello fellow Planetside 2 players

recently there was a callout for ideas for Infiltrator-class updates on the official forum, however i couldn't post because my SOE-account didn't work

so now i might give suggestions here for new tools for the sniper and scout

grappling hook

well the grappling hook is something that was introduced straight away, obvious, what it could do, reach hights or grounds that are to far away to jump for

tranquiliser gun

this one could either be an option for secondary gun, disabling enemies for a few seconds, would work similiar to the heavy's concussion grenade but only for single enemies, or just an option for tools, that do the same

ammunition pool as a tool schould be smaller than tranquiliser gun being a secondary weapon

spy drone

i wondered why nobody came up wih this idea on the official forum (or at least i didnt see it), but it would be the perfect fit for a supporting scout
the spy drone can be set out and controlled by the infiltrator (of course he can't move or defend himself during control), once he lets go of control, the drone is lost, drone can be shot by normal weapons AND lockon weapons

with the spy drone he can detect any enemy and mark them on minimaps for fellow fighters for a certain time (improvements per certification, various sight options like thermal sights for cloaked enemies unlocked by certs as well) - getting cert-points for kills by other players (should be higher than with normal spotting)

maximum control distance is set (for example 75m) and could be improved by certification points (5 levels, each giving additional 25m)

standard spy drone would be without weapons, so maybe you can unlock two types of weapons for the drone, anti-infantry and anti-armor (no anti-air because it should not be capale of air-fighting, only one weapon appliccable), by certs as well (or maybe seven-/stationcash, thats up to the devs)

anti-infantry - small machine gun with 25-30 round magazine (example), damage average to normal weapons against infantry, ammo pool would be 3 or 4 mags, cert improvements (maximum 3 or 4 levels) could be reload time, magazine size, additional mags for ammo pool

anti-armor - breaker-like rocket pods of 4 or 6 rockets with less damage than ESF-airfighter rockets, ammo pool and certifications could be the same as for anti-infantry gun

the weapons should be something special and not suited for real fights, it should be more like an extra for surprise, so it stays a spy drone, not an attack drone

some suggestion for further functions of a spy drone:
- self destruct on contact (would be a less effective variant for C4, since the infiltrator don't have it - or do they? don't know right now)
- minimap jammer device against enemies (not available if you equipped AI- or Aarmor-weapons)

so thats it for a first suggestion, what do you think about the idea? just to mention and to obviate for critics, cert-improvements and unlocks are only examples
i might include your ideas into mine, if i think it fits

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault