Looting system - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I see purple people!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.14 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-05-24, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Looting system

I see no reason why they wont allow you to pick up enemy weapons it just makes no sense to me.

What makes picking up the enemies guns fun is you get to use something different for at least one life. And trying to stay alive with them was fun too so you could use them longer!
Old 2012-05-25, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info

I definitely agree with this, there may be some situations where looting or picking up an enemy weapon can make the difference between life and death. Especially in a game world as massive as Planetside 2's; no matter how much teamwork might be going on there may be no ammo in sight, and at least in Battlefield the maps were small enough for you to run to a support guy whenever you got low on ammo.

Last edited by SoNaR; 2012-05-25 at 03:34 PM.
Old 2012-05-25, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

I like how you think. Hopefully Hamma sees this
Old 2012-05-25, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Fanglord
Sergeant

I like the tibes method, with the only being able to get ammunition at refill sites.
Old 2012-05-25, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Fanglord View Post
I like the tibes method, with the only being able to get ammunition at refill sites.
Dude Tribes people can fly thier way to base faster than any vehicle in planetside 2 ever will be. It's just not practical to cross the map to safety without any assistance.
Old 2012-05-26, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
headphase
Private

Being able to pick up enemy weapons would make things a bit more realistic, but I don't see the need.
Low on ammo in a base/outpost? Ask an engineer to resupply you or find a resupply terminal.
Low on ammo out in the field on your own? Request a resupply from a friendly aircraft. There will always be people in PS2 playing support roles, looking for areas to fill a need.
Old 2012-05-26, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
forral
Private

have none of you ever played the original Planetside? the looting system in that was perfectly fine why cant it just be the same as that?
Old 2012-05-26, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

The first thing that came to mind when reading this thread was something from this weeks interview with PurrfectStorm on the Vanu Soverignty.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Interview.html

When asked about what weapons the VS will have at their disposal, part of her answer was this:

- Their weapons look the sleekest and even their enemies will go to great lengths to try to attain them.

I am assuming that means that we CAN attain enemy weapons . Whether or not we can store them in a locker is still something I'd like to know, and it'd be cool if you could purchase more slots/weapons lockers like the stash in Diablo 3!

Now can we loot VEHICLES by hacking them?? That is something I think NEEDS to be in PS2 at least at some point, if not at launch.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by forral View Post
have none of you ever played the original Planetside? the looting system in that was perfectly fine why cant it just be the same as that?
Many have played the first game. But this is a valid topic because the devs have suggested in the past that we may not be able to use enemy weapons. We know that hacking vehicles is currently out, and unless they have changed their minds in the past several months (which is possible), then we can't use each others weapons either.

We have customizable loadouts, but no traditional grid based inventories. That doesn't necessarily mean we won't be able to heavily customize what we carry, but our knowledge of what can and can't be changed in our loadout is currently mostly unknown.

Originally Posted by DDSHADE View Post
- Their weapons look the sleekest and even their enemies will go to great lengths to try to attain them.

I am assuming that means that we CAN attain enemy weapons . Whether or not we can store them in a locker is still something I'd like to know, and it'd be cool if you could purchase more slots/weapons lockers like the stash in Diablo 3!
This definitely does give hope of some kind of looting system. You don't need traditional grid based inventories to still be able to loot stuff (maybe we could even take their knives this time around, lol).

But it isn't exactly confirmation either. It may have been more of a lore type of fluff.

I'd like to see looting of enemy weapons return, along with hacking enemy vehicles and using them, but I'm also fine with it being left out if it would be too much of a problem for balance and development.

But it would be nice to have some way to resupply ammo off of enemies when out in the field for prolonged periods, away from resupply points.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

I love you
Old 2012-05-27, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DDSHADE View Post
The first thing that came to mind when reading this thread was something from this weeks interview with PurrfectStorm on the Vanu Soverignty.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Interview.html

When asked about what weapons the VS will have at their disposal, part of her answer was this:

Now can we loot VEHICLES by hacking them?? That is something I think NEEDS to be in PS2 at least at some point, if not at launch.
thanks for clearing that up
Old 2012-05-27, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Thread closed
Old 2012-05-28, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Slib
Private

I loved the looting in PS. Whenever there was a brief pause in a firefight, I would run over to the closest backpack and restock my Gauss Rifle ammo (it was shared with Punisher, Suppressor, Cycler, AMP, Repeater, and MCG, so it was fairly common). And if I was using a Vanu weapon, EVERY purple backpack was a small birthday's worth of gifts in terms of ammo. Not to mention restocking medpacks, nanite juice, or finding REKs if your current load-out had none.

I'm very much in favour of looting like it was in PS. I will miss it greatly in PS2.
Old 2012-05-28, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

yes to loots no to jetpackresupply drops.
Old 2012-05-29, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Jinxsey
Corporal

I'd prefer a more steamlined version of "looting". Seeing all those backpacks scattered around the map always irked me a little, it felt artificial. I'd prefer it if I could just walk over an enemy corpse and could use a "scrounge" skill or similar to automaticaly recover a small quantity of ammunition or health.

I understand it may seem like "dumbing down", but if old style inventory grids are out, it makes little sense for old style looting to still be in, afterall it would be tricky to easily swap out gear without it.

Perhaps a "swap to enemy weapon<GaussSMG> ammo 65%" option, or something similar.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault