Gameplay: Max Upgrade And Downgrade ideas - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The red flashing numbers are bonus points!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-08-21, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
LatencyWolf
Private

Cool Max Upgrade And Downgrade ideas

! INCOMING ! WALL OF TEXT !

The Current max is Powerful, the TR max i find is nearly indestructible with
an engineer on it, but i find its just missing something, it could be because I've watched all the iron man movies, but hey he's epic, anyway, the Maxes seem to be missing one thing they have awesome firepower, great durability, and, wait, there seems to be a word missing, oh yeah, FLIGHT not infinite but similar to the light assault classes flight, jump jets that have to be paid for with certs similar to other abilities, maybe upgradable for faster regen and air time? anyway yeah i'm just setting the basic idea down you guys can debate over the other ideas mechanics like how it would be balanced, maybe you cant shoot while flying? anyway yeah you also can post other ideas like other upgrades you'd want put in, like the title says this is for upgrades AND downgrades. that'd be great. ( just a way to make the maxes even MORE terrifying!)

Last edited by LatencyWolf; 2013-08-21 at 09:46 AM.
Old 2013-08-31, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Oracen
Private

Re: Max Upgrade And Downgrade ideas

Oh yeah, flight for MAXs! But let's be smart about this, let's reduce their armor somewhat, but the trade off is they get a bit of regenerating armor. And we'd better reduce the model size so it doesn't look too silly. Lastly, you don't want too much firepower on something that can fly, so it's remove one weapon, but make up for it by increasing the accuracy...we can call this "aim down sight". Access to "scope" options would be reasonable too. This being said, perhaps some more situational firepower would be fair, so perhaps we could give it access to infantry consumables, like C4, flash grenades or medkits. There we go! A nice balanced flying MAX that won't break the game!
Old 2013-08-31, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MummelWurst
Private

sorry but no and no again
flying maxes? seriously why?

first balance the empire-specific weapons
VS and TR maxes have heavy machin guns for anti infantry, good at close and medium range, with good aim even at long range
NC maxes have... shotguns only? WTF... only useful on closerange (ok maxes are for close range anyway), but what is bad for NC, you can't really counter the other factions maxes cause ammo is empty before you see one, and they just shoot you down reloading

(anti-vehicle is actually fairly balanced)

besides that, maxes are consumables themselves (very expensive though at 350 resourcepoints)

my opinion, they are perfect as they are, just need some more balancing

but flying maxes? no offense but no way, sorry
Old 2013-10-03, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

NC MAX balance ideas:

1) All AI version are full auto. This would make them consistent with TR and VS AI MAXES.
2) Increase base clips sizes (start with 10 instead of 6, extended mag cert ups to 15)
3) Reduce damage so that they take 1 or 2 more hits to kill infantry than they do now
4) Consider tighter spreads for Mattock (midrange) and Scattermax (long range)
5) Consider having even larger mags for mid (15 base, 20 extended) and long (20 base, 27 extended)
6) Consider removing slugs completely for close range or making the mid or long slugs by default

Last edited by mrmrmrj; 2013-10-03 at 12:40 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault