Common enemy (planet's fauna) for all factions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where purple is ALWAYS in fashion
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-09-11, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Atheus
Private

Common enemy (planet's fauna) for all factions

I would like to see common enemy (planet's fauna) for all factions in PlanetSide 2 sometimes.

For example, big battle for Bio-Lab is going on. And sometimes (randomly) horde of alien creatures (finite number) would start to appear from the ground (these creatures could be planet's fauna). They would be in 3 sizes. Small - would be mostly for people. Big - would attack and destroy vehicles. Third kind could be very big and throw vehicles around, like toys. These creatures, could look anyhow designers like, but they should move not like humans, maybe, like werewolves (on four legs) and should be able to climb walls and ceilings (so they could climb up and try to massacre everyone inside Bio-Lab). Creatures should be quite different in appearance from humans – this difference would force people (who look similar) instinctively to unite against them. Maybe, points for saving enemy soldier from creature, could unite people for short period of time too. These creatures would be able to jump large distances, catch people on the fly with jaws, carry them, put them on the ground ant tear them with their claws. It should be scary with roars, although, I guess, there would be no no flying heads, hands, legs and other body parts around, as this game has no blood in it. Creatures would attack from all angles – ground, walls, ceilings. One moment you are standing with group of friends... and the next moment, creature hits this group fast, like a bus, and lands few meters away, with someone on the ground in its jaws, tearing apart that person with its claws and jaws. Person, lying on the ground, under animal, should be able to fight for his life too and should not be just passive observer of his own possible death. These alien creatures should appear and attack only large groups of people, in order not to kill and annoy lonely travelers. Killed animals could transform to black clouds, which would fade away. In order to return quickly to „enemy“ mode between factions (after fighting on one side against planet's animals, players may become too friendly :), 30 seconds after death of last animal, game should announce this and double points for enemy from other faction kill. Of course, players should be able to shoot each other during animal attacks, as usual.

Player's computer could be be used for creature's A.I.. One player's computer could generate A.I. for one creature. If player disconnects, server could take it and creature would disappear... become invisible or will go underground. Of course, if developers have enough resources to generate A.I. for them all, it would be better. Planet's animals (including peaceful) could make this game more interesting, random and alive.

Last edited by Atheus; 2013-09-11 at 08:36 PM.
Old 2013-09-12, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
blampoet
Corporal

Re: Common enemy (planet's fauna) for all factions

right...
i'll start with a fact based explanation of why not:
because the staff at the moment isn't overstretched as it is with optimizing (and maybe generating content).

i'll continue with point of general information on why not:
do you have any idea how difficult AI design is?
the resource drain on the PS2 tech department would push back plans so far, my grandchildren would be the first to see GU16

and i'll warp it up with a counter-proposal:
go play the mission levels of BS3...
Old 2013-09-12, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

PVE? GTFO!

Honestly what they need is continental lattice and some more damn continents. Basically everything that is planned, sooner.
Old 2013-09-18, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MrMak
Sergeant Major

They wont do that for the smae reason we dont have automated sentry guns like the PS1 spitfires or...well...... frigin doors.

Those ae fuctionaly NPCs running a script. And each of those reduces the number of players in the area before the server starts getting a hickup.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault