Gameplay: Make MBT Abilities AWESOME - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: never, under any circumstances, touch my gopher
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-10-17, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Orisoll
Private

Make MBT Abilities AWESOME

First, let's examine what the current abilities do and their downsides, then I'll give a crazy suggestion that would totally break any sense of balance the game has left... enjoy!

VS: A simple speed boost is just not enough, it needs to be both omnidirectional and be reworked to allow the Mag Rider to fly for short periods of time. Think jumpjets for tanks. This would give the vehicle an interesting tool to use during tank-on-tank slugfests.

TR: While the extra fire rate is great, it really isn't worth becoming C4 bait. I suggest that the Lockdown not completely immobilize you, instead it would cut your movement speed in half, but allow you to drive up any walls below 90 degrees in angle. This would give the tank greater positional advantage, while still retaining it's main benefit of fire rate.

NC: A shield is great, but it could be better. How about a bubble shield that increases in size the more you cert into it? This would promote greater teamplay in large tank columns by giving the tankers a tool to protect squishy allies.

So what do you think? I realize my ideas are kinda out there, and probably wont ever see the light of day due to balance issues I can't foresee, but what are your thoughts? How would you make the MBT abilities more awesome?
Old 2013-10-18, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Re: Make MBT Abilities AWESOME

Flying magiders and wall climbing Prowlers? No thank you. I also like my shiled the way it is thanks.
Old 2013-10-18, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Orisoll
Private

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
Flying magiders and wall climbing Prowlers? No thank you. I also like my shiled the way it is thanks.
Aw, you're no fun.

But I do see where you're coming from, those would be kinda OP in certain situations. I just can't think of any way to make the MBT abilities actually interesting and useful without overpowering them.
Old 2013-10-19, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Orisoll View Post
Aw, you're no fun.

But I do see where you're coming from, those would be kinda OP in certain situations. I just can't think of any way to make the MBT abilities actually interesting and useful without overpowering them.
Why not just allow players that like 3-man dedicated crew setups to cert into an alternate chassis line with the existing models - that to me makes them interesting and useful. Purely aesthetic but increasing the model size all round as well because... well it looks stupid when a sunderer is the same size as a main battle tank...
Old 2013-10-21, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheAadvark
Corporal

I'm TR and I hate the NC , but I like the bubble shield idea. ANYTHING to promote more teamwork !!

And honestly forget about these insufferable sods you get on these forums that just shoot down your ideas with no meaningful discussion . Useless turds !

A flying magrider though hmm, honestly mate it's hard enough to hit one as is. I often ram my lightning/ prowler into them so I can pump shells down their throat ! Giving them a flying ability is not wise according to me.

As for the TR tank and it's wall climbing.... not a bad idea actually to turn our ability into something useful and honestly if a mag rider can get up to impossible areas there is no reason why a prowler shouldn't. The only problem might be Planetside 2 funky physics.

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-10-21 at 03:26 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault