PS 1 going free to play - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, Vanu don't shoot like girls! Girls are way better.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-10-19, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Re: PS 1 going free to play

PS1 wont go back the way it was even if it is F2P. Unless they give Werner back... Even then the game is just dated, the gun play is terrible and I for one haven't missed the shear number of MAXes and the ADADADAD spam, crappy hit detection and pure lag.

I loved Planetside, but there's as a point in life when you have to realize it's had its time.
Old 2012-10-19, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
PS1 wont go back the way it was even if it is F2P.
I guess we'll just have to see then. I'd imagine the populations would be pretty good actually.
Old 2012-10-19, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Yea I rekon it would be packed if it went F2P and SOE announced it through email themselves

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2012-10-19, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Huntsab
Sergeant

CS 1.6 is still going and is way more popular than CSGO (which is what I have been playing, instead of that abortion PS2). I'm gonna bathe you all in orbs when it opens
Old 2012-10-21, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Raka Maru
Major

Will be back on PS1 when it opens. Hopefully, hackers will be controlled and a dev team assigned to it. If no one knows the code, they can hire me, I would learn it and work on it. Maybe reskin it with the forgelight engine.
Old 2012-10-21, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

First. They need to acknowledge that there current hacker detection system doesn't work very well.

I recorded well over a dozen hackers who all used no reload/radar hacks. I'd record them, appeal them with a link to the video, and they'd still be playing a month later. Which is why I started making them public.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-10-22, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Yes!!!!!!11
Old 2012-10-22, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Huntsab
Sergeant

The guys they have employed to monitor PS2 should be assigned to oversee PS1. A few appeals will get their attention. Lets hope its 24/ 7 GMs
Old 2012-10-22, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
bullet
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
The guys they have employed to monitor PS2 should be assigned to oversee PS1. A few appeals will get their attention. Lets hope its 24/ 7 GMs
Unless the game actually turns a profit, I don't see them giving PS1 anything. It will be a hosted by them, but thats about it. I'm sure they won't compromise the success of their new hit title to work on some old game.
Old 2012-10-25, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Ps 1 going free to play

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
I rekon shove everyone up to:

BR40. CR stays as they are
Rabbit ball events - Possibly the loss of tech event which was the best thing to fight for!
Old oshur events or bring back as well
So basically you want the game to fail within the first week? I don't see what making everyone BR 40 brings to the game other than further ruining it. Rabbit ball events are horrible. Same with Old Oshur events since SOE can never seem to get their shit together when having one.

I'd like to just have the normal, vanilla, un-fucked-with game back, please and thank you.

Also, "fairly soon" isn't exactly the most reassuring thing to here from Smedly. God knows when it will go F2P.

Tinfoil hat conspiracy theory time. I wouldn't be surprised if PS going F2P is merely a bridge to get PS shut down. I'm sure PS has been deadweight on SOE's shoulders for awhile now and they finally need some excuse to shut it down.

They'll make the game go F2P then after a few months decide that it's not a profitable asset to have at SOE and then shut the game off since it's F2P and making no money for them. Especially after they lose a shitload of money after PS2 crashes and burns.

/tinfoil hat_off

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-10-26, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
OpolE
Sergeant Major

I new peeps wouldn't like the extreme hah!

But I would play the full extent of a Rabbit ball anyday!

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2012-10-26, 05:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
I new peeps wouldn't like the extreme hah!

But I would play the full extent of a Rabbit ball anyday!
I've never had good experiences with Rabbit Ball. Every single time it's ended up with one empire intently playing whilst the other two goes fuck about with their own business. If all three empires all actually went after the ball it would a pretty interesting event, unfortunately that never happens.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-10-26, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Also, "fairly soon" isn't exactly the most reassuring thing to here from Smedly. God knows when it will go F2P.

Tinfoil hat conspiracy theory time. I wouldn't be surprised if PS going F2P is merely a bridge to get PS shut down. I'm sure PS has been deadweight on SOE's shoulders for awhile now and they finally need some excuse to shut it down.

They'll make the game go F2P then after a few months decide that it's not a profitable asset to have at SOE and then shut the game off since it's F2P and making no money for them. Especially after they lose a shitload of money after PS2 crashes and burns.

/tinfoil hat_off
I thought it costs next to nothing for them to run PS1 currently.

Also, I found this article yesturday. Here's an excerp from it I found interesting. So it seems they actually are going to put a cash shop in PS1, right?

Concerned about the form a free-to-play Planetside might take? Don’t be. Smedley has waxed complimentary recently about the payment model of League of Legends, the MOBA with the most inoffensive and respectful free-to-play system to date.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
I thought it costs next to nothing for them to run PS1 currently.

Also, I found this article yesturday. Here's an excerp from it I found interesting. So it seems they actually are going to put a cash shop in PS1, right?
I really don't know how a cash shop would work in PS1 and even how they'd implement it. Considering they haven't updated the game in years and whenever the idea gets presented to them they always seem to duck out of the way or make excuses that they don't have anyone that knows how to properly update it.

But knowing SOE they'll implement a cash shop that allows players to purchase BR 40 CR 5's (not that it really matters in this stage of the game).

I don't even care anymore, I just want PS1 to be decently populated again so I can forget that PS2 even exists .

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-10-26, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
I don't even care anymore, I just want PS1 to be decently populated again so I can forget that PS2 even exists .
YEA BOII

4000+ Hours of PS1
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion