Pistol Mouse huh? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: hacked by cyssor
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-02, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

I over clocked my mouse. It's really kick ass now.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2005-03-02, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

how do u overclock a mouse?
Old 2005-03-02, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

overclock your USB ports. It can be done.
Old 2005-03-03, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I over-clocked my USB too...I call it USB 2.0.

Old 2005-03-03, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

what exacly is over clocking
Old 2005-03-03, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You ever take a 396 and add a Holley Double Pumper? Yeah, take that concept and put it into computer terms.

Old 2005-03-05, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

anyways - it came! My pistol mouse FPS arrived in the mail on thursday. Installation was literally as simple as plugging it in - as soon as plugged into a USB port it becomes a 2nd mouse, it isn't even flagged as a joystick.

So heres my take so far

It took several hours of tweaking my planetside mouse senstivity to get it right where I want it. This thing is REALLY sensitive, my PS mouse senstivity is now set to about 1/8 of the slider bar.

Natrually it took some getting used to. At first it was painfully awkward, and learning exactly how to tap the trigger-guard-bottom (right click) proved to be quite difficult. Additionally I sometimes found myself jittering the mouse to the right when I attempted to use the scroll wheel. I've noticed the mouse sensitivity in PS doesnt apply to map screens, sadly I am stuck with a super fast mouse on the maps, but I've come to deal.

But regardless, I played probably 12 hours between it's arrival and now (yea I just logged off an 8 hour session with two friends on comms) and I will say that somewhere along the line tonight, I felt totally used to it. I stopped thinking about it and resumed what I would consider a perfectly normal Rainmaker666 play session. I did notice that I was able to pull 180's on cloakers with much more ease due to the position of my hand, and I didn't find myself doing the old "lift and drop" (when the mouse is far too far to the left or right to keep moving) nearly as much as I did with a normal mouse.

Final thoughts:
I will admit - there is definetly an advantage to be gained with this, it may not be a big one at all, but there is one.

It does take extensive practice to get used to, at first you will cry bloody murder at how awkward it feels to you. But stick with it, give it a few long sessions, and soon it will feel very natural.

So in the end I give it the thumbs up, I think I'll pass on the 30 day money back guarantee, and keep this bad boy

Last edited by Jeffey; 2005-03-05 at 08:21 AM.
Old 2005-03-09, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
iluvthequasar
Corporal

dunno, looks cool, but it also looks like its a pain to set up.

i'm thinkin of getting one of those track-ball/laser mouses with 10 buttons and all. that way i can flip on pshield with a flick of my thumb. and i hear track-ball is great for sniping.
Old 2005-03-09, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Actually PS doesn't support more than 3 buttons =/ I have 5 and when I press one of the 2 extra my guy automatically looks straight down.
Old 2005-03-10, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Kuraltai
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by FatalLight
Actually PS doesn't support more than 3 buttons =/ I have 5 and when I press one of the 2 extra my guy automatically looks straight down.
I disagree .. I use the Logitech MX510 and have all 5 of the buttons mapped to something.

I recently started using the Nosromo N52 .. took a little adjusting .. replacing most keyboard input. Now I fumble with the keyboard play.
Old 2005-03-10, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

heh, I've had the thing two weeks or so, and the scroll wheel just broke last night - it still spins but the computer doesnt respond to it.

Thankfully I'm still covered by the 30 day money back guarantee - so I'm returning it. But I'm very happily getting a new one to replace it
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion