Warning about PSForever.net - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the Spoon.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2016-01-28, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
bdzk
Private

Warning about PSForever.net

Hello again, I'm an old xMemorywars member, since Secant has arrived at Psforever
I was right again, they will abuse of you in general.

Chord aka Joltting and Secant aka elite pvpers hacker/xMW member, are going to manage planetside while no one of you knew this.

http://www.eitepvpers.com/forum/plan...-possible.html
Missing L at ELite

Stay away from this, for those who believe this project is clean, I dont think so, the time will give the answers.

-xMW

Last edited by bdzk; 2016-01-28 at 12:49 PM.
Old 2016-01-28, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Naeadil
Corporal

Re: Warning about PSForever.net

I'm genuinely curious, what's the problem with this?

The people who are best at reverse engineering code to create hacks for the game can also use similar methods to create a working emulator server. If the people who created hacks for PlanetSide are working on this project, aren't they the best people to get the job done?

So getting back to the problem -- you say they are going to manage PlanetSide. Well, from what we know so far, they want community input for an official server based off the project. Additionally, they plan on punishing and banning hackers.

Can you suggest an alternative? I don't see one. No one else has stepped up to create this project. I don't think their motive is that they want to "manage PlanetSide." In fact, they say the project will be released as open source. I think there actual motive is they like doing this kind of stuff. It's their school or work, it's their craft. Their passion.

Why not re-create one of the best games ever with their skills? Use them for good?

I'm not trying to discredit or deny your claims, I'm just wondering why, if true, do you think this matters?

Last edited by Naeadil; 2016-01-28 at 01:15 PM.
Old 2016-01-29, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

you're a fucking idiot. he has made one post ever there.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2016-01-29, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ScrawnyRonnie
Private

"Guys I found a forum post that is almost 9 years old so it must have something to do with this project."

How many other conspiracy theories would you like to share?
Old 2016-01-29, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bdzk
Private

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
you're a fucking idiot. he has made one post ever there.
The idiot is other person, he was on memorywars.com often.
As far I know you dont have idea who are the Memorywars members, you dont know what is happening exactly, the tine will show up the answers.

Last edited by bdzk; 2016-01-29 at 01:29 PM.
Old 2016-01-29, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
bdzk
Private

Originally Posted by ScrawnyRonnie View Post
"Guys I found a forum post that is almost 9 years old so it must have something to do with this project."

How many other conspiracy theories would you like to share?
Again another fool that doesnt know what is happening.
Theories? I just revealed the faces of those guys, yes a 9 years forum which history will repeat again.
Chord is re-uploading old programs, I doubt where the resources will come from to sustent a server, do you know where?
Oh enjoy being blind at this, I just wanna see how ends this "project"

Last edited by bdzk; 2016-01-29 at 02:01 PM.
Old 2016-01-29, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ScrawnyRonnie
Private

I already told you once in your other paranoid thread:

Why would they spend all these hours making a server if they're going to let people hack/do whatever they want on it? Daybreak already provides that...
Old 2016-01-29, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
bdzk
Private

I dont show any type of preocupation in any thread, I dont know where is the paranoid at.

These hours? They never are on the forum, why spend hours while they are copying a finished project

So you think Im releasing these info to let you know they will allow hackers? Ha, its even worse, including your personal info...as I said, the time gives the answers

Answer my question, from where they will get the suficient resources to sustent/rent a server, another hint.

Last edited by bdzk; 2016-01-29 at 06:47 PM.
Old 2016-02-01, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

This is why you and your ilk are banned from the forum and why we are done with you. Hiring spammers to fuck up our forum and community because you're angry over something.

Fuck. Off.

This follows the same pattern of you fuckers trying to steal names from other PS1/PS2 players to make yourselves seem legit.

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2016-02-01 at 11:28 AM.
Old 2016-02-01, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
bdzk
Private

What makes you think Im involved in this spam paranoid?

I dont waste my time in no-important places, here is the answer
Im not angry with you, I have other feelings about you.

Be a smart a guy and answer my last question of resources to rent and sustent the server.

Last edited by bdzk; 2016-02-01 at 12:53 PM.
Old 2016-02-01, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by bdzk View Post
What makes you think Im involved in this spam paranoid?

I dont waste my time in no-important places, here is the answer
Im not angry with you, I have other feelings about you.

Be a smart a guy and answer my last question of resources to rent and sustent the server.
Serious answer:

Lets take other Emulator servers built to emulate other soe games. For example, lets take SWGEmu. SWGEmu's main servers can host 2-3k people at their current limits. Their most recent financial report is kind of interesting. SWGEmu is a nonprofit registered in the EU, and has a lot of overhead in support accounts due to possible legal action against them by Disney/LucasArts.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167467

What is even more interesting is that their biggest server cost seems to come from their deal with Softlayer, who are a cloud hosting company.

http://www.softlayer.com/

I don't anticipate PSF needing a cloud hosting company along the likes of Softlayer or any other similar cloud hosting services.

It is also known that SWGEmu's main datacenters are actually ran out of FDCServers.net. This only costs them a couple hundred dollars a month.

https://www.fdcservers.net/

Outside of that, their BIGGEST costs are paypal's fees and account feels from K&H Bank due to their dedicated account as a nonprofit.

As I don't anticipate SOE caring about us emulating PS1 (their baby is PS2) I don't really see us needing those overheads, which will reduce costs significantly. In theory, you could run a PS1 server out of a dedicated box if you live in an area with google fiber and have decent pops if enough people knew about it. I actually earn enough as a security guard to put up my own dedicated server even if I need to host it with a dedicated server host like FDC or Dreamhost or DigitalOcean or a similar service.

Old 2016-02-03, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
darkBerry
Banned

You put an example about the type of server, by my point of view it looks guilty

Has Chord confirmed this? A sort of Payment method?
Old 2016-02-04, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
You put an example about the type of server, by my point of view it looks guilty

Has Chord confirmed this? A sort of Payment method?
Nope. Honestly? I don't expect it to be high cost. Its quite possible that costs would come out of pocket of those that want to run it.

Even so, we couldn't legally charge for it. We would have to ask for donations only from those that want to support the project. So if you don't want to support it, you're free to not donate and play anyway. vOv its win win for everyone.

Last edited by p0intman; 2016-02-04 at 01:16 AM.
Old 2016-02-05, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
darkBerry
Banned

Is this official? I havent seen Cord saying that. Because he is the "admin", at the end he will take his own decissions
Old 2016-02-07, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
Is this official? I havent seen Cord saying that. Because he is the "admin", at the end he will take his own decissions
The entire project is open source, further here is a link on the discussion for the choice of code for the entire project:

http://psforever.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9#p645

here it is being officially open source, with a github link to where the project will be stored: http://psforever.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=135

Lastly, it is official that it will be free to play, because we LEGALLY cannot charge anyone to play the game on the server we are developing. Doing so would be IP infringement and would get us all in a lot of trouble. We CAN and might ask for donations if people want to support the development process in that way.

the official FAQ:
http://psforever.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79

Last edited by p0intman; 2016-02-07 at 01:37 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion