Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2012-11-23, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Maskills
Private

Re: 530$ gaming build for PS2

Originally Posted by MrSmegz View Post
Please, Listen to Goku. You are going to get a vastly better gaming experience on Intel hardware, its just a sad fact. I want AMD to be as competitive performance wise as the next guy, but they just are not. Even if they did have comparable performance in gaming, they still nearly double the power and heat of Intel CPU's.

So ill settle this argument by showing you that you can build a potent gaming system for less that $500, with an i5 Ivy Bridge. On this machine you will be able to play PS2 all freaking day, and stream, record whatever the hell you want without a problem and you won't have to be fooling around arguing w/ us about i3's or Phenoms, or FX or Trintiy or whatever else AMD is still selling. The i5 will probably still be bad ass CPU 3 years from now, and next spring when AMD comes out w/ 8000 Series GPU's and you get your Tax return back or save some scrap up. You can easily pop that HD7770 and put an HD8870 in the your box, and sell the Old GPU w/o having to remove more than about 4 screws and a power connector.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($61.97 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($28.42 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $447.34
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-22 09:59 EST-0500)
Now THIS is a system i can get behind. Also its not that i wanted amd, its that i wanted Atleast a quad core. This build takes the cake, and with that 7770 ( which is very close to a 6850 in performance) and a i5 this build can hold its own in every game out there. So thank you sir for sharing this very cheap and powerful build with the planetside community.
Old 2012-11-23, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
camycamera
Major

personally i'd stick with the 650TI because it is Nvidia, and PS2 runs better with Nvidia, and it has better drivers, but yeah, great and cheap build! can't believe how cheap that GPU is!
Old 2012-11-23, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Maskills
Private

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
personally i'd stick with the 650TI because it is Nvidia, and PS2 runs better with Nvidia, and it has better drivers, but yeah, great and cheap build! can't believe how cheap that GPU is!
Yah ,its as cheap as a 6770, but gets the performance of a 6850. Not a bad deal by any standards.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum