Sunderer as transport vehicle? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ಠ_ಠ
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-06, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Sunderer as transport vehicle?

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
You can't possibly know that yet... it could be shit.
You are right, perhaps we shouldn't plan on using Vanguards or Lightnings either, because they might be shit.

Old 2012-07-06, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Redshift
Major

if you want to be any good you want to use whatever is effective. If you're just going to build an outfit around a vehicle that may not be very good then you may end up with a shit outfit. I don't think its unreasonable to state that, any outfit based on the sunderer in PS1 would be shit.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

if you want to be any good you want to use whatever is effective. If you're just going to build an outfit around a vehicle that may not be very good then you may end up with a shit outfit. I don't think its unreasonable to state that, any outfit based on the sunderer in PS1 would be shit.
The Sunderer in our hands will be mostly a support station servicing our armor. Our plans are subject to change, just like everyone else does.

Old 2012-07-07, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Dubious
Sergeant

My lightning will destroy ur stupid sunderer !
Old 2012-07-10, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Figment
Lieutenant General

So you presume anyone who uses the PS1 Sunderer would be shit?

Good. Good. You keep believing it's the only thing you use and it makes you shit.

Or try and be creative. PS1 Sunderers used right are very powerful tools. Like Aurora's, most people don't use them right and don't want to take the time to learn to use them right.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
So you presume anyone who uses the PS1 Sunderer would be shit?

Good. Good. You keep believing it's the only thing you use and it makes you shit.
Or you could read what i said properly? I said if you as an outfit decide you'll only ever use one thing, you will end up sucking. The better outfits will use whatever is best for the job they're doing.

Feel free to try to respond to hacks on other conts in a sunderer if you want.....
Old 2012-07-10, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Figment
Lieutenant General

Or you could read what i said properly? I said if you as an outfit decide you'll only ever use one thing, you will end up sucking. The better outfits will use whatever is best for the job they're doing.

Feel free to try to respond to hacks on other conts in a sunderer if you want.....
"If you'll only ever use one thing".

/argument.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

@figment : that's the whole point of redshift, basing on only 1 vec is recipe for disaster

@redshift : OTOH, no one ever said they would use ONLY Sunderer.

/diplomacy
Old 2012-07-10, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Back on topic, I just remembered one other major reason to use a Sunderer over a Galaxy:

Galaxy production is more limited in the locations that can make it (Tech Stations, Footholds), Sunderer (IIRC) can be made at any main ground vehicle terminal. Of course it's all subject to change.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kalbuth View Post
@figment : that's the whole point of redshift, basing on only 1 vec is recipe for disaster

@redshift : OTOH, no one ever said they would use ONLY Sunderer.

/diplomacy
I believe I said that in the first response:

"Good. Good. You keep believing it's the only thing you use and it makes you shit. "

RedShift simply needs a bit more imagination what people mean when they state it's going to be a key unit in their strategies.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post

RedShift simply needs a bit more imagination what people mean when they state it's going to be a key unit in their strategies.
My point is more that he's never driven the vehicle, he's no idea what it's like, we don't even know what it does yet, and he wants to build an outfit around it, before beta. That outfit is doomed to failure.
Old 2012-07-10, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
robocpf1
First Sergeant

@ the OP:

In PS1, go to a vehicle terminal with 30 people and all pull ATVs.

It takes around 7 seconds per vehicle coming off the pad. For thirty people. That's around three and a half minutes just to pull vehicles for yourselves, and that's not including the other 100 people probably trying to pull a vehicle from that same terminal. In PS1, vehicle queues can get very long. Even at a base behind your front lines, you're looking at an increased travel time (because you're using a base that's behind the front line to avoid the vehicle queue) plus the time to pull everyone's vehicle.

With ATVs specifically, they have a large weakness - to everything. I can kill an ATV with one clip of Lancer ammo, boom, you're down a member. Ten of them hit a mine field, boom, now you've wasted three and a half minutes (sounds like a short amount of time, but it's not, comparatively). And they have to go back and get more vehicles.

With a bus? Pull bus, everyone should be able to load within 10 seconds, and you're off and running towards the next base in a huge armored juggernaut before the first five people have pulled their ATVs.

That's why we have transport vehicles.

I have people tell me every so often that large outfits shouldn't use Galaxies anymore, they should all cert Mosquito instead. Well, I had 110 people online a couple of Thursdays ago. I'm not waiting that long for individual vehicles.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Troika
Private

Twelve guys in a Sunderer is a big fat target. Twelve guys in tanks is an army.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Troika View Post
Twelve guys in a Sunderer is a big fat target. Twelve guys in tanks is an army.
It also costs six to twelve times as much (at the bare minimum) and would be slower. There's a tradeoff...

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Troika
Private

Most valuable asset in game are the players. It might take a few minutes longer to assemble your tank army and it might cost 12 times more. Still, when you encounter an enemy - pound for pound your boys will ditch out at least as much damage to the enemy as they are ditching out at you and that justifies the cost - whatever it is and I refuse to gimp my boys for the journey for the sake of saving few minutes.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions