Planetside 2 is a major disappointment - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The UN has found no Weapons of Mass Destruction here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-16, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Planetside 2 is a major disappointment

Planetside 2 is one of the greatest gaming disappointments I have ever personally experienced. I equate this to Star Wars Episode 1, they should just added Jar Jar binks into the game to put the icing on the cake.

The stripping of classes, no inventory system, poor mindless base designs and battle flow have seriously turned this into a Battlefieldesque type of franchise.

As of right now- when I log into I can't even play more than 5 minutes without being bored to tears. This just isn't the Planetside game I or lots of other people envisioned.
Old 2012-10-16, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
bodypopper
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 is a major disappointment

true,

i really want this to work but looking at the direction is taking i cant see it improving much.

sad thing is,when another generic shooter comes out with large scale play i can see a lot of the new playerbase just hopping off to another one,or at least playing ps2 a lot less.

so much for listening to the "planetside community" as they said ages ago.

SOE never seem to learn.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Envenom
Sergeant Major

waaaaaaaaaaaaa

QQ. This game kicks serious ass. Have fun in PS1.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Morsong
Sergeant

I hear mixed reviews all the time but all of the positive reviews say PS2 is almost a requirement that in order to have fun you must roll with an outfit or good squad at least. That's fine with me though since I belong to an awesome outfit, but sucks for players who like to solo.

I still haven't played of course and this is just what I hear, but I hear more good stuff than bad just like any other game.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Levente
First Sergeant

cool story bro
Old 2012-10-16, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Morsong View Post
I hear mixed reviews all the time but all of the positive reviews say PS2 is almost a requirement that in order to have fun you must roll with an outfit or good squad at least. That's fine with me though since I belong to an awesome outfit, but sucks for players who like to solo.

I still haven't played of course and this is just what I hear, but I hear more good stuff than bad just like any other game.
Soloing is possible currently in the game. Just go sit at a base your empire owns near the enemy empire's hexes. Now defend the SCGs and attack enemy hexes near it with the rest of your empire that is at the base.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

I feel like it's too early to write the game off, especially since a lot is still changing and/or not finished yet. But at the same time, I must admit I've been very disappointed so far and unless things change a lot before launch, I can't really see it being a success.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

The game will evolve and with people on the team, I have confidence it will improve with time. Don't let disappointment stop you from trying it again later and see how it changed.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rat
First Sergeant

I think the more continents we see the more its going to feel like planetside...the meta game really hasnt been fleshed out yet.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
bodypopper
Corporal

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
waaaaaaaaaaaaa

QQ. This game kicks serious ass. Have fun in PS1.
i thought lego and action man kicked serious ass when i was younger too.

fact is ps1 was a graphically crappy game with some serious depth,ps2 is like your average slut.. all show and no knickers.

i hope things improve.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rat
First Sergeant

PS had some nice meta game, I really do think we will see that again....as far as the unimaginative base comments? Think about that...the PS bases were square walled bases with empty courtyards...towers were all the same...do you really want to go back to that? I know I dont, I wouldnt mind seeing a base or 2 like that just to see what happens, but I think it would just be a massive meat grinder.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

This is the most unhelpful post I have ever seen. Do you always whine?
Old 2012-10-16, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Soloing is possible currently in the game. Just go sit at a base your empire owns near the enemy empire's hexes. Now defend the SCGs and attack enemy hexes near it with the rest of your empire that is at the base.
While this can be boring, if you're successful, it basically makes you an unsung hero of your faction. Your efforts at that small outpost helps your side capture any large base that is near by. Granted, a lot of these outposts are now simply steamrolled by 20 tanks and three infantry, because people "figured out the system" (which amounts to rolling over the map with a platoon as quickly as possible to prevent the enemy from making any kind of defense anywhere).
Old 2012-10-16, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by bodypopper View Post
i thought lego and action man kicked serious ass when i was younger too.
I still think lego kicks ass. Losing your childhood is voluntary.

Met up with some old pals last night in Skype, fired up the client, and 4 hours disappeared in no apparent time. I am loving the hell out of this game. We've come a long way from tech test, and I'm looking forward to the long way we have to go.

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
. . . because people "figured out the system" (which amounts to rolling over the map with a platoon as quickly as possible to prevent the enemy from making any kind of defense anywhere).
Sound tactics are sound. You're not going to find "take ground and then allow the enemy to regroup" in most field manuals.

Last edited by maradine; 2012-10-16 at 11:43 AM.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
bodypopper
Corporal

shame you didnt become and engineer mate,you'd do well..lego is a great learning tool.

losing your childhood is a definite,failure isnt.thats whats life is all about,progressing,not being a kid forever.

bit like ps1>ps2...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion