Magrider Fixed Gun - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of: Original Chainsaw Knife.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the new fixed turret on the Magrider?
I play as VS and like the new fixed turret 7 17.95%
I play as VS and prefer a swivel turret like the NC and TR 11 28.21%
I play as VS and prefer a swivel top and a tank that's more similar to the NC and TR 1 2.56%
I don't play as the VS and like the new fixed turret 8 20.51%
I don't play as the VS and prefer a swivel turret like the NC and TR 5 12.82%
I don't play as VS and prefer a swivel top and a tank that's more similar to the NC and TR 1 2.56%
Other opinion 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-21, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Magrider Fixed Gun

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I disagree. But I find I dislike much of your posting and threads and find your thinking eccentric and flawed. So I'm not going to continue this discussion. It isn't something we can resolve without playing the game and so it is pointless to debate it now.
You disagree with everyone and dislike everybody's posts. They're eccentric and flawed if they don't agree with you. You aren't the judge of what is pointless to discuss, who is right, who is wrong, and so on. Know that your "logic" is very much flawed if you think otherwise. You may not know this yet, but you are not superior to anyone in any way. So quit acting like it. People are simply giving their opinions, and you think you can just stamp 'em with a big "NOPE" or "I DUN LIKE IT". Give it a rest.
Old 2011-09-21, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

My god guys, 5 pages, and not a single useful post.

YOu may not realized yet, but your entire discussion here is completly pointless. Nobody of us has seen how the mag plays out. We dont know about the main guns power, we dont know about the secondarys gun power, we literally know nothing about the mag.

So how do you manage to fill 5 pages of text with arguments that are based on nothing but waves of thin air and a single fact: mags have a fixed main gun now. Theres is nothing to discuss, no facts that speak against or for anyones argument, just one giant blob of personal opinions from a bunch of PS1 veterans. It doenst matter what you think about the mag, the main issue is to make that thing fun to use. ANd we have no clue if the change is good or bad until we can actually hover around the lands.
Old 2011-09-21, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by basti View Post
My god guys, 5 pages, and not a single useful post.

YOu may not realized yet, but your entire discussion here is completly pointless. Nobody of us has seen how the mag plays out. We dont know about the main guns power, we dont know about the secondarys gun power, we literally know nothing about the mag.

So how do you manage to fill 5 pages of text with arguments that are based on nothing but waves of thin air and a single fact: mags have a fixed main gun now. Theres is nothing to discuss, no facts that speak against or for anyones argument, just one giant blob of personal opinions from a bunch of PS1 veterans. It doenst matter what you think about the mag, the main issue is to make that thing fun to use. ANd we have no clue if the change is good or bad until we can actually hover around the lands.
The irony
Old 2011-09-21, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
kidwithstick
Corporal

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
It couldn't fit the new design direction. PS1's Mag had the pathetic secondary gun available for the driver. Now drivers operate the main guns, hence the big change.

Now, if they kept PS1's design, can you imagine how useless a Magrider's AA secondary would be if it could only fire forward?
Im well aware of the upcoming changes. What I fail to see, is a logical reason behind taking away the swivel ability from the mag... Drivers are now going to be able to gun their tanks. A good and a bad idea IMO... WHY must it be a fixed gun? because of its maneuverability? nonsense....

IMO, if it even matters anymore... Drivers should gun their tanks UNTILL they get a gunner. once someone else hops into the tank they now have control over the gun. PROBLEM SOLVED KTHXBYE
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-21, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
You disagree with everyone and dislike everybody's posts. They're eccentric and flawed if they don't agree with you. You aren't the judge of what is pointless to discuss, who is right, who is wrong, and so on. Know that your "logic" is very much flawed if you think otherwise. You may not know this yet, but you are not superior to anyone in any way. So quit acting like it. People are simply giving their opinions, and you think you can just stamp 'em with a big "NOPE" or "I DUN LIKE IT". Give it a rest.
I'm not forcing you to read my posts. If rational thought uncomforts you so I would recommend taking a deep breath and moving on to the next post, which is most likely useless drivel.
Old 2011-09-21, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Zulthus
Colonel

I'm not forcing you to read my posts. If rational thought uncomforts you so I would recommend taking a deep breath and moving on to the next post, which is most likely useless drivel.
There is nothing irrational about the posts in the thread. It's something called "discussion". If discussion is useless drivel, then all of your posts are as well.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-21, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

So you're saying all discussion is equally valuable?
Old 2011-09-21, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I do not find Malorn's statements to have been particularly unreasonable.
Old 2011-09-21, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Zulthus
Colonel

So you're saying all discussion is equally valuable?
Indeed. Nothing has gone off topic in the thread until you go saying someone's opinion is wrong, irrational, invalid, etc.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-21, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Indeed. Nothing has gone off topic in the thread until you go saying someone's opinion is wrong, irrational, invalid, etc.
Old 2011-09-21, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Accuser
Sergeant Major

As Sirisian has pointed out, the Type-32 'Nekomata' of Battlefield 2142 was very well balanced and effective with a chassis-mounted main gun.

However, the most terrain in BF2142 was relatively open with few spikey hills and cliffs. Harsh terrain hurts a lot more when the direction your tank is going is also the direction your gun has to point.

I'd prefer the classic magrider, but I'll give this a shot in the Beta...
Old 2011-09-21, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Zulthus
Colonel

See, this is off-topic, so it's useless drivel. Get it now? Wasn't so hard.
Old 2011-09-21, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
As Sirisian has pointed out, the Type-32 'Nekomata' of Battlefield 2142 was very well balanced and effective with a chassis-mounted main gun.

However, the most terrain in BF2142 was relatively open with few spikey hills and cliffs. Harsh terrain hurts a lot more when the direction your tank is going is also the direction your gun has to point.

I'd prefer the classic magrider, but I'll give this a shot in the Beta...
Pretty much, there was also at most two or three other tanks to worry about, and normally not all at once. Fixed turrets didn't really matter too much because nobody ever really repaired, but fought to the death.
Old 2011-09-21, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Sirisian
Colonel

It isn't something we can resolve without playing the game and so it is pointless to debate it now.
I would rather play PS2 with a tank that has a swiveling turret. It can't wait until the game is released. Problems like this need to be fixed as soon as possible.
Old 2011-09-21, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Hamma
PSU Admin

Guys please stop with the one image replies, focus on discussion not fail.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion