Improvement: Magrider Armor Cost Change Please!!!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who's your daddy? That's right, PSU's your daddy.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-09-12, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

Lightbulb Magrider Armor Cost Change Please!!!!

Magrider Armor Cost Change Please!!!!

This is not a bug or a drastic change, but I think once I explain it will make sense.

The mag is basically a Tank Destroyer from the old WWII day's. When you look at the concept of a regular tank it makes sense to place a large amount of armor in two places, in which are the front and sides. However, for a historical tank destroyers there was a larger amount of armor on the front as opposed to the sides. It did not have the means to rotate the gun towards the enemy making engagements directly head on. They were masters of concealment, ambush and known as snipers in the armor community. They were short and could hide behind the smallest of brush where they lay in wait for unsuspecting tanks. They had larger caliber ammunition then tanks but less armor on the sides as well as back. And, they never engaged heavy tanks like two heavy weights, standing in the middle of the ring exchanging blows to see who could take more punishment.

In PS2 they are tall, large and very agile. However, the drawback is the armor upgrade is incorrect. When you look at the mag certification section, it shows the side armor upgrade being the most costly. This usually implies it is of better quality etc.. etc... But, any highly intelligent mag pro (lol) should never be using the side armor imo because he always engages from the front, thus the best option for an anti-armor or infantry build is frontal armor upgrade.

I think you should change the cost for the mag to have the frontal armor upgrade to be more expensive then the side upgrade. That is, if by being most expensive means the defensive stat is greater on the sides then front or top. For TR and NC, higher side armor just makes sense as they have the ability to engage targets in a 360 degrees circumference standing still with two soft openings. The armor on mag however, keeps the soft opening in the direction of the enemy. See what I mean?

Does this make sense or am I off?

BTW...I have no idea what people are talking about in regards to not being able to kill anything. I've had 20+ streaks from very far engagements. Scope much? It really depends on what gun you have and the target type.

Last edited by Ipimpnoobs; 2012-09-12 at 06:36 AM.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: Magrider Armor Cost Change Please!!!!

You realize this is only the 10th thread or so about frontal armor. Besides, if this is a balance issue and not a new idea, it should be in the beta forum not here.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post
You realize this is only the 10th thread or so about frontal armor. Besides, if this is a balance issue and not a new idea, it should be in the beta forum not here.
Easy there tiger. Now I thought we had an understanding about how to treat one another from the other day on out. Don't make me have to use my pimp hand and belittle you again. If you don't have something nice to say, chances are you shouldn't. This will be my last warning to you before I internet rip you a new hole. Thanks for playing.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hosp
First Sergeant

You mean you get offended by the truth?
Old 2012-09-12, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

If you don't know when to open and shut your mouth by now, there is something I can happily fit in it to help you with your mild form of Tourettes. Needless to say, you may need a bib to wipe the dribble.
Old 2012-09-12, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hosp
First Sergeant

Your inability use the search function combined with pointless condescension pretty much voids any of the original point of this thread.

IBTL.
Old 2012-09-13, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post
Your inability use the search function combined with pointless condescension pretty much voids any of the original point of this thread.

IBTL.
Oh so we have an internet forum police officer. Well write me a ticket Ms Piggy. Let me make sure to check with you every time I write a forum post to make sure I'm doing it properly. I'm happy your negatively motivated by my forum posts, it does nothing but give me pleasure to slap the taste out of your mouth and make you react. Next time I'm in the room having sexy time with your mother, please stop on by and give me some pointers on proper pleasure angles.

I could care less about the thread now that I have a noob to play with.
So I just wanted to clarify, that because your big boned and enjoy ultra amounts of cake readily available in small specs across your shirt, computer chair and keyboard, I can recommend a good physical therapist.

With that said, you are constantly stocking and harassing me on these threads, so no I will not date you as I don't swing that way. No matter how many times you hit on me sir, no you cannot have my phone number, address or anything else. I can however recommend websites to gratify those urges you are not able to contain.

As unbelievable as it may seem, like you, we do not all like to be fondled where the sun does not *****.

Thanks for playing! IBTL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OfficerHosp.png
Views:	37
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	897  

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault