Planetside 2 Fan-Made NC Advert - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Is it just me or do the TR's chicks boobs look bigger in that pic?" -Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-20, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Planetside 2 Fan-Made NC Advert

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Hey all thanks for the good an bad comments,
First ever video editing, used windows movie maker toke me around 1 to 2 hours to make, what music would of been better suited?
Wasn't trying to come down on ya or anything, my first music video was made with Windows Movie Maker as well. Took about 8 hours but I'll share it with ya incase it gives you some ideas.

Old 2012-04-20, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

As far as musical choices go, try and stay away from pop songs, i know thats a difficult thing to do. But they dont have the kindof multi market appeal, particularly to gamers.

Think of all the Youtube videos of FPS games to Linkin Park, and you sortof get what i mean. Although yours wasnt anywhere near that bad.

Music choice is very difficult, finding somethign obscure enough for people to hear without it having some other meaning is a constant issue that even advertising people dont get right.

Thats why most people go for operatic, or film scores. Theyre pretty obscure, and hit an emotional tone suitable and lift the production value of your video.

If you want to get into video editing, download adobe premiere, its really easy to use. And even easier to add other effects afterwards, the only issue is render times, and getting your export in the right format. But there are plenty of tutorials for that.

Overall your vid was good, dont let nay sayers turn you off doing it. Im sure you learned a few things for making that one, and all you can do is improve.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-20, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Think of all the Youtube videos of FPS games to Linkin Park, and you sortof get what i mean. Although yours wasnt anywhere near that bad.
Hey I was using Linkin Park in my BFR Video before it was cool!

Really though apparently my BFR video got people into Linkin Park when it came out.
Old 2012-04-20, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Originally Posted by Saieno View Post
Hey I was using Linkin Park in my BFR Video before it was cool!

Really though apparently my BFR video got people into Linkin Park when it came out.
Anyone who was video capturing during the days of PS1 was a trend setter in my book. haha
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-20, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Anyone who was video capturing during the days of PS1 was a trend setter in my book. haha
Haha! It was actually made with Windows Movie Maker as well, I'll post it up in case it gives him some more ideas. Don't wanna take over the thread though.

Old 2012-04-20, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Magpie
Sergeant Major

As far as musical choices go, try and stay away from pop songs, I know thats a difficult thing to do. But they dont have the kindof multi market appeal, particularly to gamers.

Music choice is very difficult, finding somethign obscure enough for people to hear without it having some other meaning is a constant issue that even advertising people dont get right.

Thats why most people go for operatic, or film scores. Theyre pretty obscure, and hit an emotional tone suitable and lift the production value of your video.

If you want to get into video editing, download adobe premiere, its really easy to use. And even easier to add other effects afterwards, the only issue is render times, and getting your export in the right format. But there are plenty of tutorials for that.

Overall your vid was good, dont let nay sayers turn you off doing it. Im sure you learned a few things for making that one, and all you can do is improve.
Great post, music and Tv ads is really hard to get right, the best adverts are the ones everyone remembers. ill give adobe a try, been trying alot of there programs out, Dreamweaver and photoshop.

I find alot of adverts nowadays are Simple and Plain, Fast pace and wild or just the dam right random

I got my inspiration from the TV AD:

A more beautiful web is Internet Explorer TV

Studying Business and marketing at Uni.

Last edited by Magpie; 2012-04-20 at 04:53 PM.
Old 2012-04-20, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Great post, music and Tv ads is really hard to get right, the best adverts are the ones everyone remembers. ill give adobe a try, been trying alot of there programs out, Dreamweaver and photoshop.

I find alot of adverts nowadays are Simple and Plain, Fast pace and wild or just the dam right random

A more beautiful web is Internet Explorer TV commercial HD - YouTube

Another trait that is all the rage, that people herald as game changing when its really not. Is juxtaposing images with the audio. What i mean is, if you have high action, you put something slow, melodramatic or sad behind it. Or vice versa.

Most famous of which was the splash Gears of War made with its Mad World trailer. And Dead Islands (Brilliant i dont care what anyone says) teaser trailer.

Ide say with the way media is going, audio is as important as visuals, if not more so for what you want to do. You can have 100 hours of game footage, but having a song behind it will actually help you edit, because you will be picking and choosing moments to coincide to its tone.
Old 2012-04-20, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Bags
Lieutenant General

A more beautiful web is Internet Explorer TV commercial HD - YouTube

I prefer this ad:
Old 2012-04-20, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Oh and just so Magpie doesnt feel soo bad. Here is a silly effort i made when i got my Xbox capture card, its supposed to be shit and rediculous and i was just trying out adobe. So keep your sark to yourself P diddies.

Its still funny. haha

Last edited by Cosmical; 2012-04-20 at 05:26 PM.
Old 2012-04-20, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Another trait that is all the rage, that people herald as game changing when its really not. Is juxtaposing images with the audio. What i mean is, if you have high action, you put something slow, melodramatic or sad behind it. Or vice versa.

Most famous of which was the splash Gears of War made with its Mad World trailer. And Dead Islands (Brilliant i dont care what anyone says) teaser trailer.

Ide say with the way media is going, audio is as important as visuals, if not more so for what you want to do. You can have 100 hours of game footage, but having a song behind it will actually help you edit, because you will be picking and choosing moments to coincide to its tone.
Watched both and deffo Dead Island: Trailer is horroring but with the clam music it brill, if it had lets say heavy rock it would be "too much"

also

thanks dude been learning alot about game Ads! this will help me greatly

kinda going off topic here, sorry hamma
Old 2012-04-20, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Nice one mate, making videos is pretty fun, hope you get a chance to do some more!

I did a long, pretentious and obtuse one for PS1. Captured it use a digital vid camera to keep the fps up - got some positive reviews for some of the sequences captured in it but it really failed on tying together to a plot/theme

In PS1 though was the perspective bug you could abuse to get interesting 3rd person angles which really helped the variety of footage. If you went into a vehicle, rotated the view and then exited you could stick the 3rd person camera at a different spot.

Anyway, I actually thought your music choice wasn't bad. These videos should be about your expression too - it's easy for us as forum commentators to use the opportunity to critique someone elses video as a soapbox to grandstand our own music tastes. The safe way to true mass appeal can involve skipping your favourite genre's, but that's no fun

For example that internet explorer add looks beyond slick. The use of effects, timing and the quality of the footage combined to blend with the song is the important part here in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing some more

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion