Thoughts on new S-AMS - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All Vangaurds have a 1 star saftey rating!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-21, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Crator
Major General

Thoughts on new S-AMS

Well, I played for a bit tonight and found the flow of battle is much more natural now. I'm really liking the change here with the new ground S-AMS!
Old 2012-09-21, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Thoughts on new S-AMS

I heard they tweaked the resource system...

Any thoughts on how the new costs for Sundy and Gally feel?
Old 2012-09-21, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
I heard they tweaked the resource system...

Any thoughts on how the new costs for Sundy and Gally feel?
for me the sundy price seems a bit high
Old 2012-09-21, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ThGlump
Captain

Its perfect. Return of the AMS. Maybe even too strong with that endurance and ability to transport whole squad. There will be nerfs. At least i expect return of noAMS zone around deployed AMS like in ps1. They can take too much damage to allow them stack too close together.
Old 2012-09-21, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Conq
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
for me the sundy price seems a bit high
Yeah, think I'll go ahead and rebind my grenade key. I'll never afford them now.
Old 2012-09-21, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

New changes are great, love the sundy as AMS and like the new jump towers on to the Bio-labs landing pads. Oh and the the new warp gate set up too. Nice patch.

Old 2012-09-22, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
bullet
First Sergeant

Yea, the return of the AMS was great. There are actually front lines now and fights last much, much longer than before, but we do need some limitations on these things. Following along with the zerg tonight, we had like 5+ AMS's crowded around the out-posts.

The new cost of the sundy seems fine to me. I was able to keep my sundy long enough tonight that by the time I needed to get another I had already made back most of the resources. We don't want these things to be so cheap that they are constantly spammed and flooding the bases. They need to be placed tactically and supported as they are the fights life line.

Last edited by bullet; 2012-09-22 at 01:15 AM.
Old 2012-09-22, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Conq
Staff Sergeant

A Zephyr took my bus out in one pass. I think deployment should add shielding or at the very least, we should be able to cert into roof armor like the tanks.
Old 2012-09-22, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Arovien
First Sergeant

The change to put the MS features was absolutely proper. The galaxy was just way too versatile. Both vehicles have their place atm.

One major issue tho. The Sundy is not stable, leading to it being tipped over by either the smallest bump or traffic accidents. Apparently, flashes and lightnings can drive under a Sundy unharmed. Unfortunately, that leads to the Sundy likely tripping, killing all inside of it. With ground movement being so clustered in certain areas, this is a serious issue that leads to extremely impacting accidents and trolls.

Also, the 450 alloys (or w/e the yellow one is called) cost is fine. Seems high on paper but not actually the case in-game.

Last edited by Arovien; 2012-09-22 at 02:46 AM.
Old 2012-09-22, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

I actually think the cost is not high enough. You really accumulate resources quickly. Also, thinking about the future... How will the xp implant effect this as well?

I love how the changes force the fight on the ground. The vehicle timers are not long enough as well. Also, thinking about the future... How will certification points attributed to spawn speed, effect this?

Lastly, cert points seem to be at a sweet spot in regards to accumulation speed.

Great changes and looking forward to the next update.
http://youtu.be/hO08Rw1onbw
Old 2012-09-22, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
KamiGaijin
Private

I like it. Instead of Gal spam, we have Sundy spam. Witch works out fine because you can kill a Sundy, unlike the Gals, who can survive an Deployed Prowler pumping 50 AP rounds into it in about 30s.

RoninShogun: Go through the back door and attack their spawn tubes. If we're quick and aggressive, they'll be helpless.
KamiGaijin: Yes, because no one ever expects a sudden penetration of their rear and assault on the reproductive area.
Old 2012-09-22, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ringring
Contributor
General

I like it too.

I think the gal was the wrong direction.... it was too obvious so to compensate the devs had to make it tougher and tougher.

The MS Sundy is fine in itself and it's not too tough.

If survivability is an issue which I think it will be, then add a cloak.
Old 2012-09-22, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Crator
Major General

Hope they really think about making separate vehicles again. What the game should have is:

-AMS with cloak (Much less armor then a Sundy and no guns)
-Sundy with troop transport
-Loadstar (air vehicle) with ability to transport small to medium vehicles and repair/rearm functions when deployed on ground.
Old 2012-09-22, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Love it. Saw a fight in the middle of the Desert last night,no where near any base. A real fight with two factions having a Sundy set up about 500 meters apart and people spawning and running to the fight.

That lasted a long time and felt more like a front line action instead of the constant base attack / defend stuff we saw with Gal spawns. Awesome job Devs. Going in the right direction.
Old 2012-09-22, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
bullet
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Arovien View Post
One major issue tho. The Sundy is not stable, leading to it being tipped over by either the smallest bump or traffic accidents. Apparently, flashes and lightnings can drive under a Sundy unharmed. Unfortunately, that leads to the Sundy likely tripping, killing all inside of it. With ground movement being so clustered in certain areas, this is a serious issue that leads to extremely impacting accidents and trolls.
Yeah, about that. At one out-post we were zerging, some griefing dick head started pushing my Sundy towards the edge of the map trying to push it off. I caught up with and was able to save it, but really? Can we get a little more weight to these things?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion