Mission Impossible Pilots? - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than all the rest
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Is this a concern for you as well?
Yes 66 43.71%
No, I'm a Winder Licker 48 31.79%
No, I'm a Mouth Breather 37 24.50%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-04, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Froglicker
Corporal

Re: Mission Impossible Pilots?

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Would it be more believable if it was a light assault bailing out of a mossie and then jet packing to a friendly galaxy with an open spot?
He has a jetpack, so yes, it would be more believable. Its not like Galaxys travel at supersonic speeds that prevent any of its hatches from opening.
Old 2012-07-04, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

A more realistic game in a sci fi shooter where tanks float and no one can ever die.
/facepalm
Old 2012-07-04, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Froglicker
Corporal

A more realistic game in a sci fi shooter where tanks float and no one can ever die.
/facepalm
Magnetic levitation using super conductors today IS real. So floating tanks 600 years in the future that utilize the natural magnetic fields of Auraxis is concievable.

But yeah, people never really dying is still a stretch, but here's my take on it:
Its estimated the human brain stores about 1000 terabytes of information.
Scientists have already developed a wifi technology that can transmit 2.5 terabits/sec, 8000 times faster than the fastest consumer landline (thats like 7 full bluray movies per sec fast) so its concievable the tech would be faster and longer range 600 years from now. Tech could wirelessly beam new brain information to be stored along with prestored DNA to spawn soldiers using nanites.

So yeah those are both theoretically possible 600 years+ years from now. Do keep in mind that wireless hand held phones and doors that opened themselves were also once considered impossible and unrealistic only 40 years ago (think Star Trek)

Last edited by Froglicker; 2012-07-04 at 06:08 PM.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

/facepalm
Oh right, because we are so totally going to invent teleportation technology to allow us to teleport out of a fighter to shoot another fighter with a gun and then teleport back into our fighter.

Why don't we just teleport the enemy fighter into a bridge.

There is a point at which suspension of belief is not possible. Technology is plausible and floaty tanks are entirely possible... not to mention likely at some point.

Old 2012-07-05, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
LexTalionis
Private

all i can say is that was freaking amazing. I don't care how unrealistic it was. Ive played BF3 a few times, and I know that was some crazy shizite.
Old 2012-07-05, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Oh right, because we are so totally going to invent teleportation technology to allow us to teleport out of a fighter to shoot another fighter with a gun and then teleport back into our fighter.

Why don't we just teleport the enemy fighter into a bridge.

There is a point at which suspension of belief is not possible. Technology is plausible and floaty tanks are entirely possible... not to mention likely at some point.
I agree, but if you are looking for the end all be all for realism, play ARMA 2.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
I agree, but if you are looking for the end all be all for realism, play ARMA 2.
ARMA2 doesnt realistically potray todays advanced body armors. Read this wiki on dragonskin armor. Http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...arE8431WGmQnig
Old 2012-07-05, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Froglicker
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
No one's arguing for absolute realism, but rather for at least plausible realism. I wouldn't have a problem at all with midair entry/exits if there were short animations that went with it. Hell, that'd only make it more difficult to do those types of maneuvers, and thus, more impressive. They'd be crazy, but still plausible. Teleporting instantaneously to driver's seats is not.
Old 2012-07-05, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

ARMA2 doesnt realistically potray todays advanced body armors. Read this wiki on dragonskin armor. Http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...arE8431WGmQnig
Dragon skin isn't in service yet.
Old 2012-07-05, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

My keen senses detect some bias in the poll options.

For me the concern is less about people jumping in and out of aircraft and more about whether they're allowed to carry the missile launchers while flying. It's the same principle behind not letting MAXes drive tanks, nobody appreciates chasing down an MBT in a Reaver and having an AA Max jump out.

Without the missile launcher the loopzook is just a cute party trick.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion