News: Incoming Special founders edition - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside - the perfect alternative to a girlfriend
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-05, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Diehard
Corporal

Re: Incoming Special founders edition

Originally Posted by Ipimpnoobs View Post
I hope by founder you mean people purchasing premium account pre-release.

Ideas as follows:
1. Mascot bobble heads for all vehicles (hood ornaments if there is no cock-pit view)
`VS gets mini purple, black and teal T-Rex bobble head

`TR gets a mini red and black K9 British bulldog (dedicated to their dictator leader Total Biscuit) bobble head

`NC get a blue and gold, "fight the power Fist," with a cowboy hat bobble head

2. Every helmet on all armor sets have a significant feature, showing everyone they were there from the beginning. Can be toggled off. (spartan mohawk, gold chain, glowy, bling etc...)

3. Founders gun paint pattern. Shiny GOLD or PLATINUM Diamond plated. Think super rich dictators with those gold and diamond ak47's in the movies. (Hellz yea basti!!!)

4. Founders emote of a holographic slave you can belittle, free from captivity or teach astrology stuff. (predicated upon faction choice...get it?) It is the future.....is it not?

5. Founders have an emote that affects all players around them.
`VS lift their glowing hands in the air as if praying to aliens while chanting

`TR instills discipline towards the crowd, everyone around them salutes and they all stand at attention (march count sound plays in the background)

`NC lifts his "fight the power," fist high in the air, the crowd claps and cheers." (pro football stadium cheering sound plays in the background) (cowbells, whistling, ohhhhhhh etc....) Think battle cry!
(any kind of movement etc... negates effects)

6. Founders UI in game pages like class upgrades, vehicles and map have the option of changing colors. Maybe mac/iphone white, like star wars or something. Think super clean but really futuristic.

7. Your forum name and picture get a founders icon, showing ur leet status in-game and out. It also displays gives a special icon in chat when u type.

8. All founders get a -5 second spawn to any one vehicle permanently

9. For each player a founder brings to the game and they buy premium, the founder is credited with one free premium month. Everyone else gets a discount.

10. All founders, are exclusively given stock options at soe at a fair discounted subsidized rate. =P what...I got to look after my own interests. Can't fault me for trying....sheesh.

I like no.10
Old 2012-09-05, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Also I like the Tribes Ascend "VIP" option that gives you a permanent XP boost one you invested money into the game. Of course not founders exclusive but that would also add to the package.
Old 2012-09-05, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Cryofire
Private

I won't mind if they added a golden pistol, you can get one of those if you managed to get 50 people using a planetside 2 app thingy(marketing). I would like a title though. Or some sort of item that we can deploy and show stuff in a warpgate. And shiny stuff. Shiny vehicles and shiny armor and shiny...bling. And super secret community just for founders( Well I can dream, can't I)
Old 2012-09-05, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

I WANNA AN ROBOT OSTRICH PET THAT PROVIEDS 5% MORE GOLD.

Electricity nipples.

I will almost certainly pay for this, so I guess I should be more serious.

I'd still like there to be some kind of option to be a standard bearer, with an attachment on back, of regular troops and/or MAX units that shows a "holographic" faction flag.
I don't know what it would achieve other than making you stand out even more as a target.

The ability to glowstick dance (like Tabula Rasa (RIP)):

Tabula Rasa bases were nice. They had walls and doesn't afraid of anything.

Last edited by MaxDamage; 2012-09-05 at 09:02 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Pullo
Private

My initial reaction is that it's premature to offer a Founder's package with so much content missing. As consumers, we don't know what will really be "important" in the the final version of the game so it's difficult to offer suggestions aside from the typical cosmetic/booster/title package. I'd like something meaningful for my cash - I just don't know what is meaningful quite yet.

SoE it is really in your best interest to a) substantially increase auraxium gain or b) significantly reduce upgrades costs so that your future customer base can test/get a taste of as much as possible on the menu. Aside from creating upgrade addicts, you'll also get much more feedback about upgrade functionality/balance.

PS - I looked at your Bullet Run Platinum package - that type of package is something that I believe will have success in PS2 if the offering is tweaked accordingly.

Last edited by Pullo; 2012-09-05 at 09:07 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

if it's a physical item possibly the dog tags and maybe a unique poster something on those lines i would totally order. you could always include some of higbys fallen hair for the nc folks hehe. i definitely want a TR dog tag badly though. station cash and some special in game camo would probably be nice too that maybe only founders can purchase from the store. for vehicles, weapons, and infantry camo. hell even the old cr5 backpack would be cool.

oh cabbage patch emote only founders can do

Last edited by Exmortius; 2012-09-05 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Classic (but updated) skins for armour and weapons from planetside1.

A pimped out fury (quad), so for tr stealth black with pin stripe red and gold wheels as an example.

A Merit/Medal that appears on the infantry armours.

A chunk of Auraxium (like a huge chunk)

A AMS

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Stanis
Master Sergeant

all, some or none of:

a small permanent XP boost (5%)
a small permanent resource boost (5%)
a small permanent auraxium boost (5%)
a personal transport vehicle on a significantly reduced timer (flash @ 5min)
a unique (founder) faction specific camo
initial auraxium approx in value to founder pack cost
start game with max resources (750,750,750)
100 certs

Importantly everything should be something you actually would use day to day.

On a related topic,
PS1 vets should get PS1 style armour/camo
PS1 verts should get 100 free certs.
Beta veterans should get 100 free certs.

(Added together this is still only a couple days worth of certs. but it makes veteran, beta players and veteran beta players feel on release that they got something!)
Old 2012-09-05, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
sameer
Sergeant

The beta just started and you want a founders pack. No thanks. After a year in beta, I bought the Firefall's founderpack. Its really great. This game, too early in beta.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Saberr
Private

- Unique decals/camo skins for soldiers/vehicles would be awesome, nothing to fancy, but please no gold, we have more class than that.

- A starter bundle of station cash

- some physical model of an ingame vehicle/personnel

- A founder's title most definitely

- Any other cosmetic bonuses that will be allowed

- special quality Planetside 2 digital art wallpapers

Sorry for being very broad, but I have never played Planetside, but the video's of PS2 looks insane :P As long as we get our money's worth (not like some OTHER game company's premium release that was utter bogus *cough* starts with an E and ends with an A *cough*)

Originally Posted by Stanis View Post
all, some or none of:

a small permanent XP boost (5%)
a small permanent resource boost (5%)
a small permanent auraxium boost (5%)
a personal transport vehicle on a significantly reduced timer (flash @ 5min)
a unique (founder) faction specific camo
initial auraxium approx in value to founder pack cost
start game with max resources (750,750,750)
100 certs
Some of these might be to much(like the personal transport, we can't have anything that breaks balance) but I really like the idea of starting with full resources. Idk if the developers will agree on the permanent boosts, but I can't say that I don't want them :P
Old 2012-09-05, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Kail
Staff Sergeant

A TF2 hat.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

For Founders:

A cloak, not a cape, replete with toggleable hood.

Merit + Title: Founder

Battle Standard of the Founder: Creates a small SOI that jams enemy radar and releases a regular pulse that has a chance to uncloak infiltrators within the pulse radius. Also gives the hex planted in the adjacency bonus as if one less enemy and one additional friendly hex is adjacent. Hex bonus does not stack.

Faction Symbol appears on Cloak and Battle Standard.

For PS1 Vets: (PS Subscription Accounts that predate the PS2 announcement)

If they buy the 'CE' then the Founder stuff is upgraded to Veteran-Founder stuff. Cloak and Battle Standard bear the symbol of the outfit the player is in. Cloak and Battle Standard have upgraded appearance. Merit/Title becomes'Veteran-Founder'.

Vet Accounts also get automatic name reservation on all PS2 servers permanently. But it is one off. One name, no changes. Any name conflicts will be first come first serve, but arbitration of peers should be possible if a name was reserved of a well established player in PlanetSide.

Vets also get their knife replaced with Cavalry Sabers, which are displayed on their hip when not in use.

Old 2012-09-05, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
SeanNewBoy
Corporal

Im with stanis for the most part. My favorite idea would special skins for the common pool vehicles. Founders would get a motorcycle than a quad, it would work the same, but just look different. Same for the other common pool vehicles.

I would not put in ps1 items, but leave those for special codes you could give to the ps1 vets for free, skins and such only they would ever have.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Just throwing this out there, but a founders chat channel? Nothing so drastic that it splits the community, just an extra channel that founders can talk to each other in.

A fireworks gun, pullable from equipment terminals for 1 minute after a major base hack goes through.

The 'vintage' Planetside 1 voice macros would be pretty cool too.

Personally I'm not too hot on the idea of just throwing in a few founders skins for weapons or armor. The point isn't to show everyone else how awesome I am for having bought a founders package, it's to get a little something extra out of the game for myself.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

If you implement horns for vehicles (please do it) then give founders a unique one or -even better- faction specific propaganda coming out of a megaphone.

I'd love to see founders explode in a shower of coins but it would be a little too much I guess
A small -almost unnoticeable- coin noise when a founder gets killed maybe ?

Access to the name reservation service a day before other people.

If you plan to give a permanent xp/resources boost then make it small (like 5%) unless everyone can get it later.

Last edited by derito; 2012-09-05 at 09:33 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion