So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1? - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Our servers need to recharge!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1?

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The Magrider was king due to it's speed, maneuverability and accuracy at range. Saying the Prowler sucks is utterly laughable.

What I really don't get is why all the pre-whining? Balance will be addressed in Beta.
A 3 man prowler is a design issue, not a balance issue.

Also, claiming the magrider was "king" actually supports the "prowler sucks" argument, so thanks.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
You forget something. Phoenix users do not advance but sit tight. Striker users use them on the move.
Maybe I need more coffee so pardon me if this is a stupid question, but what possible relevance does this have? I can use either weapon on the move or in a static position, although my favourite is fucking the NC with their own weapon... hiding behind the BFR terminal in the Tech Plant courtyard in that little butt-crack crevace, firing my Phoenix straight up into the air, and then striking with impunity anywhere I damned well please, within reason. With the Striker, sure I could run around and shoot it, but I had to hold a lock-on as well. And whilst that's certainly an improvement over standing still and being a gigantic target in camera mode, it means that I, as a lightly-armoured infantryman, am standing out in the open, exposed, holding my crosshairs on a target for the duration of the missile ride. At least with the Phoenix you can hide in a crack somewhere.

None of this really has any relevancy over whether the Prowler was good or was terribad, as far as I am concerned. Win me over with a better argument.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post

Also, claiming the magrider was "king" actually supports the "prowler sucks" argument, so thanks.
I lol'd
Old 2012-03-16, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Yes they did. Totally.
No they didn't.

I heard about The Enclave. They played on a Euro server, we played on a North American server, so I don't really give two fucks about them.

If you never heard of our outfit its probably because you weren't following the leaderboard from 03-05.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
ArcIyte
Sergeant

Luckily Higby and co. are fine, attractive young men and have saved us from the pile of shit that was the Prowler, as it's design in PS2 is exactly the opposite of what it was in PS1

WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
I heard about The Enclave. They played on a Euro server, we played on a North American server, so I don't really give two fucks about them.
Wow you just love showing your ignorance on topics. Enclave was not a Euro outfit, nor did they play on a Euro server.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Aurmanite
Captain

Wow you just love showing your ignorance on topics. Enclave was not a Euro outfit, nor did they play on a Euro server.
Gah my mistake. Shit happens. I was thinking about another outfit that was brought up for next this thread.

My point about the tank stands.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Does not the design affect the balance? Has anyone said anything about the Prowler being 3 man in PS2?

The Magrider being the best of the three for tank vs. tank combat does not mean the Prowler sucked. The Prowler did not suck. It had it's strengths and weaknesses, but not "suck" by far.

You've put up some intelligent reasons to support your stance on many topics on this forum. Some of them almost verbatim to things I have said and posted for years. I just don't see a need for this pre-whining when you haven't even played the Beta.

I don't know why you have T-Ray's quote in your signature if you don't support his point.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

V-V-N
Old 2012-03-16, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Does not the design affect the balance? Has anyone said anything about the Prowler being 3 man in PS2?
And you had the fucking balls to tell him that he lost his credibility? Try reading his post.

The Prowler is a medium tank that is not only the fastest empire specific tank on the field but it can be armed to the teeth with extra weapon systems beyond the other empires medium tanks, making it one of the deadliest vehicles in the game.
That's from PS2.com and why the whole 2 vs. 3 thing is being debated.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

If you never heard of our outfit its probably because you weren't following the leaderboard from 03-05.
Gonna have to say that Firefly did exactly two things during Planetside: play the game, and follow the leaderboards as well as outfit listings in-game by outfit points and number of people. I'm a stat-whore with a fairly great memory. What's funny is that I could tell you just about every single outfit that sat in the top twenty percent on VS, NC, and TR on Emerald and Markov from retail launch day to about 2007, which comes out to be over a hundred outfits. And I'm terribly sorry that I've never heard of your outfit. So, you can posture all you like. Don't take that as an insult, because apparently you are very defensive about it. I've just never heard of you or your outfit.

Considering you couldn't even get a simple piece of well-known Planetside notoriety right, I'm going to have to say that no, no it doesn't. And all of your forum board-warrioring about how this thread is full of ample evidence about how the Prowler was the best tank EVAR is hollow, social gaffe notwithstanding. You have multiple TR and multiple NC veterans telling you that it was not. You can type a bunch of fucking numbers in here all you like, like "Jimmy bought fifty Prowlers and Johnny bought thirty, how many do they have together?" and it doesn't make a damned bit of difference.

The Prowler sucked. Like people have said - there were no well-known Prowler-pulling units. All the big-name TR outfits focused on either mossie-bailing or Galaxy air assaults.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
And you had the fucking balls to tell him that he lost his credibility? Try reading his post.

That's from PS2.com and why the whole 2 vs. 3 thing is being debated.
That may mean weapons that are not available to other empires on MBT's, we will see. Either way, balance will be ironed out in Beta.

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I don't know why you have T-Ray's quote in your signature if you don't support his point.
I do support T-Ray's point; he's awesome. But his message isn't "don't provide feedback until beta." They come here on these forums and read twitter and reddit and other places because they want our feedback now, before beta, because for many things by the time beta comes out it's too late. Sure they'll fix really bad things in Beta so the game will not likely ship with some aggregious issues, but small issues will definitely slip through. They can minimize that by getting feedback early and often and adjusting.

Time in beta for development is limited. They wont' be able to do everything and it is in their best interest to get as much right as they can before beta, because fixing things that are wrong is costly and they don't have the time to re-write the game in Beta. That's why they come here with feedback.

As a software engineer myself I know full well that the closer you get to the ship-date your capacity to change things decreases. That leads to prioritization and they tend to focus on the critical things. That's basically how the craptastic prowler in PS1 came to be. It was too small of an issue to tackle in the time they had so they attempted to balance it after release.

The point here is giving feedback of the flaws of the Prowler in PS1 and curiosity about where the devs are taking it in PS2. We've barely seen it; it's like a secret project.

They come here for feedback so I'm giving it to them.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

The Magrider being the best of the three for tank vs. tank combat does not mean the Prowler sucked. The Prowler did not suck. It had it's strengths and weaknesses, but not "suck" by far.

You've put up some intelligent reasons to support your stance on many topics on this forum. Some of them almost verbatim to things I have said and posted for years. I just don't see a need for this pre-whining when you haven't even played the Beta.
We're not even talking about Planetside 2. We're talking about the Prowler in Planetside. Sure, maybe the original topic may have been designed to say "is it gonna suck in PS2?" but the majority of this thread revolves around whether or not the Prowler sucked in the original game.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

T-Ray's message is to not panic or freak out because they will look at and tweak everything the best that they can once Beta begins.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion