Sub Forums - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's just a flesh wound
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-18, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Sub Forums

I love it. The sub forms definitely made it easier for the outfits to promote themselves.

Old 2012-06-18, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Kythas
Private

Originally Posted by xRidick View Post
cool, a good idea UNder great thought, By the wAy, New people to this foruM will bE ablE to find this Easily right?!!
Unban meee aye?
Old 2012-06-20, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Thanks Hamma! good idea

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-06-20, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
iSpectre
Private

The sub forums help spread out the recruiting posts nicely but 1 question - what about EU/US distinction?
Old 2012-06-21, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Kythas
Private

Originally Posted by iSpectre View Post
The sub forums help spread out the recruiting posts nicely but 1 question - what about EU/US distinction?
If there are EU/US distinctions, than there should also be a Global distinction.
Old 2012-06-21, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

What does the "Rating" refers on in context of outfits? How good they are? How much others love it? How many members are ordered to vote 5 on self and 1 on everyone else?

Is it really necessary? Is it objective? I'd say to get rid of it in these subforums, no point keeping them at all.
Old 2012-06-21, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
What does the "Rating" refers on in context of outfits? How good they are? How much others love it? How many members are ordered to vote 5 on self and 1 on everyone else?

Is it really necessary? Is it objective? I'd say to get rid of it in these subforums, no point keeping them at all.
generally it relates to the helpfulness of the post or if the post/thread is good.

in the outfit section it has turned into if people like and support the outfit they give it a 5 or something around that. The people that are either trolls and or dislike your outfit spamming 1's
Old 2012-06-22, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by EightEightEight View Post
generally it relates to the helpfulness of the post or if the post/thread is good.

in the outfit section it has turned into if people like and support the outfit they give it a 5 or something around that. The people that are either trolls and or dislike your outfit spamming 1's
Exactly! So thanks to the sfaff for removing it!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-22, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

The PSU staff knows that thread voting in a competitive forum like outfit recruitment is not a good idea. They had it disabled from the old recruitment forum (this one), so it was an accident that it was turned on in the first place on the new subforums. I thought the progression yesterday was quite hilarious and a great demonstration of why thread voting is bad in a competitive environment. Reddit is like that everywhere, where popular opinion rules. Just leads to abuse and group think.
Old 2012-06-22, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The PSU staff knows that thread voting in a competitive forum like outfit recruitment is not a good idea. They had it disabled from the old recruitment forum (this one), so it was an accident that it was turned on in the first place on the new subforums. I thought the progression yesterday was quite hilarious and a great demonstration of why thread voting is bad in a competitive environment. Reddit is like that everywhere, where popular opinion rules. Just leads to abuse and group think.
Reddits is awesome cause if I do downvote something I NEVER have to see that topic again.

So it's not really a competition as it is seeing the things I want to see
Old 2012-06-23, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
This didn't differ much in the old model really.

Would an "Undecided" empire forum solve this?
I like the idea of the 4th Empire Section, as long as they can't also spam the empire sections. We don't need that fence sitting bullshit to be promoted beyond identifying those outfits that do it.

Each outfit can only post in one section. That is how I see it. Don't need some 4th empire zergfit stealing recruits from the outfits that matter.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment