PlanetSide Day Events Tomorrow - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In regular and extra strength.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-02, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: PlanetSide Day Events Tomorrow

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
To be honest, wasn't the cleverest of ideas... Should have done it on a cont that DIDN'T have population on it, then you know - people could have brought ANTs...
We didn't choose the cont, the time or anything else. Populations were heavy everywhere and Amerish was picked for the event at the last minute. Morto asked on the stream for us to zero out the cont, it was his event, so we did it. Today was 100% community driven and it was amazing and fun, we only were facilitating as requested and only very limitedly.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
We didn't choose the cont, the time or anything else. Populations were heavy everywhere and Amerish was picked for the event at the last minute. Morto asked on the stream for us to zero out the cont, it was his event, so we did it. Today was 100% community driven and it was amazing and fun, we only were facilitating as requested and only very limitedly.
And it was good fun, cheers !
Old 2012-07-02, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine. It was AWESOME!

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-07-02, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine. It was AWESOME!
This.

Cant believe people bitch and moan when there's some unique fun to be had rather than the same old same old. Oh noes you mess with our fight which we've had for 9 years in a row..

Stuff a sock in it.
Old 2012-07-02, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
JeffBeefjaw
Corporal

As nice as the parade was i don't think it was a patch on what the tr and then vs did in their own sanctuaries. BRTD rolled out all thier vehicles and BMC conga'd about 50 gals, in the end we all conga'd togehter was quite a site to behold. Great night all and amazing defence by the TR to be the ones holding Verica by the end of the 2 hours
Old 2012-07-02, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Ambient
Private

So many poplocks.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

VS had 4 poplocks at one point and enough pop spread about for another 1 and a half. I would LOVE to see the total pop numbers for July 1st as I'm betting it's around 2000 people if the poplocks are still at 133 apiece.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
VS had 4 poplocks at one point and enough pop spread about for another 1 and a half. I would LOVE to see the total pop numbers for July 1st as I'm betting it's around 2000 people if the poplocks are still at 133 apiece.
IU think pop lock is still at 200 per empire per cont (increased a couple of days ago).

I also heard at one time that that 2,300 were in game and I'm betting that wasn't the high point.
Old 2012-07-02, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant

I actually had a fun time with it, even the stupid parade was fun once it started getting OS'd.
Old 2012-07-02, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
MooK
Staff Sergeant

Sometimes, in this crazy land of Auraxis... You've got to be FREE. FREE to make the right decision. When times are tough, and the odds are against you, look toward the NC, for FREEdom over oppression.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Crator
Major General

They really needed to have two, or even three, conts with the same event due to populations! I waited about 30 minutes in the queue to get to the cont that you guys were doing the event on. I know Higby was on the NC egging us on in cont global. Did the other empires have DEVs doing the same?
Old 2012-07-02, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
SGTalon
Contributor
Sergeant

I kill Higby Yesterday. So did a LOT of other people.

It was pretty cool to be playing PS with the Devs. I am going to enjoy my month of Planetside for sure. I was pretty happy to see that most of my old clan was still active. I actually had forgotten that i was still in one!

Great weekend of gaming, Great idea for the Planetside Day (weekend... month?)

And thank you very much SOE and PS Devs for making this happen.

Virtual Hitmen - www.vhm.guildlaunch.com

TR for Life!
Old 2012-07-02, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
LexTalionis
Private

Yea, SOE and all the folks there who are paying attention to the PS community, Thank you. I had such a blast this weekend, and haven't gotten to play with many of the people that I saw online in yeeaaarrss. It's absolutely fantastic to see the game get resuscitated in this way before the release of the next one. Good job fellas. You won my loyalty as a customer and as a fan long ago, but this weekend definitely reinforced that position. Keep up the great work.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

That was a specific request from the community organizers of the event (i.e. Morto). We were just trying to solve problems and help things run smoothly, the continent was poplocked and people couldn't get ANTs so we spawned a few of those too.
Guys you done a great job, people keep saying just fight as normal, well you all do that 24 hours a day 7 days a week, its nice to see things changed up a little. Also its hard to show the world what Planetside is all about, I think we done a great job.

Guys this was a nightmare to organise and stream, so sorry if we didn't hit every button you all wanted to be hit. But from my point of view and many others it was a massive success, and I would like to thank the devs for making the cont neutral. Of course we don't think we will have pop lock issues in Planetside 2, and events like this will be much easier to manage.

If you have any feedback for our events then you should post ideas and feedback on our forums @ PlanetsideTV.

Also remember this was a first! And it was all ran from 1 PC by 1 guy (and 2 cool commentators Meaty and Clegg) The devs helped out a ton, and to be honest for every 1 negative person I think there are hundreds of positive folks!

Stop giving these cool game designers grief, you don't know how lucky you guys are.

Again thanks to the devs for being super cool with all of it, it made the day that much sweeter!!!

Morto.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Tulka
Private

this was the BEST day of gaming i have ever had, and i made sure to clear my LIFE for this one day so i could be on for the very most of it as my image shows
(im a little disgusted and somehow proud of myself for this)

thank you PS-U organizers and thank you PS devs for making all of this happen (even though i didn't get to SEE let alone shoot higby)

on behalf of C22, thank you everyone and we'll see you in PS2!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion