Second Favourite Faction? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cause all other games suck
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-16, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Re: Second Favourite Faction?

I played a TR char to like.. BR3 or something in 2004, switched to VS and now I wouldn't play TR or NC for less than like... $20. :P
Old 2012-06-16, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

You mean which colours to dress up in when spying for the Republic? Interesting question

Old 2012-06-16, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Lol, actually I like my VS the way it is, actually it's a lot better than I was expecting. But if for some reason I was forced at gunpoint and my family's life on the line, I might consider TR. Don't get me wrong, I think the NC may have the coolest looking MAX suits (in my opinion), but of the two factions, I think the TR know more about what they're doing than the NC haha. Also, I'm going to miss flying a Mosquito a little T_T
Old 2012-06-16, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

VS is my fave but I would play TR If I had to chose another. Speed is my motto
Old 2012-06-16, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

A lot of cheesy cop-out answers in this thread: "The is no #2."

"The All-Mighty says 'Don't change the subject, just answer the fookin' question!'" - Stephen

If I couldn't be NC, then I'd be TR. Frankly, I've always been jealous of the TR style - badass armor and badass guns.

It's too bad they're ruthless oppressors who's only desire is to subjigate the masses - still that's better than the genetic abominations that are the VS. It's one thing to rebel against your Empire - quite another to rebel against ones own genetic code, to turn your back on millions of years of evolution, to turn your back on your mother, father, and all their forefathers before them. Dispicable. Punishable only by extermination. The TR and NC may have our political differences, but at least will still have our humanity in common.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Absentis
Corporal

My first choice would be VS, but I'm not sure whether I'd go NC or TR. I'm waiting to test either in beta if I don't like the VS playstyle.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
HenchAnt
Corporal

Actually I like all three factions in Planetside2. They are really well done this time, and a lot more ... balanced and fleshed out than in Planetside 2.

But then again, the NC clearly has the greatest design (and an outfit I already enjoyed in Planetside 1). So for me, it's NC > TR > VS.

I have gotten the impression that the NC will have the worst community by far
While there might still be some appeal to the "anti-establishment sniper rifle solo players", I think there's a lot more balance in lore and gear than in Planetside 1. And since the NC are also going to be "the corporations": I guess the technocratic independence fighters with the most manouverable gear, and the defenders of the Republic with minichainguns and fastest aircraft, will also get their fair share of odd players.

Personally, I think that choosing factions based on weapons is overrated. (TR had hands down the coolest MAX gear in Planetside 1, but a really ugly and unimpressive tank. There will always be some aspect where the grass is greener in the other faction... )
And in Planetside 2, weapons will be quite customizable, so there probably won't be much of a gap between factions.

But while alpha damage and magazine sizes might be customizable, the TR will still look like moped drivers, and the VS will still wear purple spandex.

Last edited by HenchAnt; 2012-06-16 at 11:47 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by The Degenatron View Post

It's too bad they're ruthless oppressors who's only desire is to subjigate the masses - still that's better than the genetic abominations that are the VS. It's one thing to rebel against your Empire - quite another to rebel against ones own genetic code, to turn your back on millions of years of evolution, to turn your back on your mother, father, and all their forefathers before them. Dispicable. Punishable only by extermination. The TR and NC may have our political differences, but at least will still have our humanity in common.
Ruthless oppressors - good description of the TR.

Was anyone actually surprised that the Nazis and Hitler got protrayed as TR on the Downfall/Beta key video?
Old 2012-06-16, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Ohanka
Private

Favourite Faction: Terran Republic

Second Favourite Faction: Vanu Sovereignty

Old 2012-06-16, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

NC or VS, doesn't really matter they all end up red in the end.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

My second favorite faction is definitely the NC. Rail guns kick ASS. If we didn't pick Vanu, I'd be very happy playing NC.

Hell yeah.

~Zachariah
Old 2012-06-16, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by HenchAnt View Post
But while alpha damage and magazine sizes might be customizable, the TR will still look like moped drivers, and the VS will still wear purple spandex.

This just in: The VS are superheroes.

I'm leaning towards VS as my primary choice and NC as my secondary, but could reverse that later. TR is basically out of the question, despite their sense of style.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

TR for me...longest career I had in PS1 but looking forward to returning to my first love - VS ( remember when thet had the worse stuff in the beta - "common pool empire" )

Hatred runs deep for NC mainly because Mercs were always giving the Outcasters a whipping on Werner.

Damn you Korndemon, MasterChief, Error404PageNotFound et all - caused me much geek rage in my early/mid twenties
Old 2012-06-16, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

The The Great Cactus Unity, think about it, cactus's are much stronger than both the TR and the VS, their needles hurt much more than the BB Gun Balls and bolts of light, and not to mention that they're all over Indar, so they have more territory than the other 2.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Neither

Last edited by OutlawDr; 2012-06-16 at 12:43 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion