PS2 Killboards? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: i have a KNIFE !?!?!?!?!?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-18, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Synapse
First Sergeant

PS2 Killboards?

This might seem foreign to those who haven't played Eve Online, but coming from that game I can't imagine serious PVP without a detailed kill tracking system.

I don't mean just a kill counter either, I mean name, armor type, what weapons we were each holding, who else was shooting at them, what outfit were they part of, who else died in the same battle.

I want to be able to point to my K/D ratio and say not only is it good, but look I'm outnumbered and outgunned most of the time, I don't get it by farming light assaults with a magmower. Most games don't show that.

And then I want stats out of that, more than just a k/d ratio, I want an cost/death ratio, so if I'm taking out a lot of tanks as a light assault I can show that I'm more cost effective at hurting the enemy than others.

How about my favorite weapons, what do I kill most with? Where do I kill most? If I'm in my magrider should I avoid HA because stats show I lose a lot of magriders to anti-tank missiles?

Lastly outfit rivalries...I want to be sure I know how many rival heads I've bagged from our arch-nemesis, and show that when I died against them I took 2-4 of them with me.

I'm hoping all of this can be extrapolated from the API SOE is making available because it really makes the PVP game so much better.
Old 2012-06-18, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info
Re: PS2 Killboards?

The system they've outline in the streams does most of what mentioned. It's similar to battlelog, but better. Not sure about any leaderboards though.

Cheers,

GG

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-18, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dairian
Sergeant

They are releasing all the info to everyone. There will be many Apps and websites that will allow you to track everything. I would not worry about this. It has already been addressed.
Old 2012-06-18, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Atheosim
Captain

Those all sound like great ideas. But they will make my competitive side sad
Old 2012-06-18, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

I'd rather see things like... cap points taken/held, faction/squad/outfit members healed/revived/repaired/rearmed, longest time my gal/sundy was being utilized per deployment... and then more or less basic kill stats. Don't encourage stat padding in a way that disecourages team play.

I don't see why everything wouldn't be tracked though.. maybe not at launch, I don't know... but it probably can be.

Last edited by Sabot; 2012-06-18 at 03:28 PM.
Old 2012-06-18, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BloodySoul
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
I'd rather see things like... cap points taken/held, faction/squad/outfit members healed/revived/repaired/rearmed, longest time my gal/sundy was being utilized per deployment... and then more or less basic kill stats. Don't encourage stat padding in a way that disecourages team play.

I don't see why everything wouldn't be tracked though.. maybe not at launch, I don't know... but it probably can be.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with this completely. Don't need to promote solo based actions. If they want this to be a HUGE 1000vs1000vs1000 type game play. Then Team based achievements and actions better be prioritized when it comes to awards and displays. There is nothing wrong with seeing how well you do alone, but it would be better to see the k/d ratio of your whole squad for example... and maybe within that you can see separate stats of individuals.. so you can kick out the ones who are holding your team back lol.
Old 2012-06-18, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dairian
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post

I agree completely. But they have already said that they are going to release all info unless you do not want it tracked. So you can stop your stats from being released to the public. But anyone can make an app or website to track everything.
Old 2012-06-18, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
zomg
Staff Sergeant

If they release a nice API it will take me a total of an hour to put together a rudimentary killboard for outfits

I plan to fiddle with the API so who knows. Have a few other ideas for it as well (browser based tactics planning on the map or such could be nice)
Old 2012-06-18, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

The problem with Leaderboards, or even more specifically Killboards in PS2 is that the entire concept of PS2 isn't about getting kills. It's about capping territory for your empire and turning the world Purple (Yes...Turning it Red or Blue is bad). Simply going for kills and not objectives will detriment your entire empire. Of course on the scale of this game a small percentage of people doing it isn't a big deal...But killboards would encourage it. Not to mention especially in a free-to-play game...Most top-payers on those boards are normally boosters and hackers and not legitimately skilled players.

I would love a system that rewards the actions of players through their commitment to their empire as a whole...Not just individual K/D/A numbers. Caps, revives, heals, repairs, galaxy spawns, sundy rearms, etc etc. This game is far beyond just kills and deaths...And the new people coming into this community from games like MW and BF3 need to understand that. Yes...There will be LOTS of people to maim and dismember...But there's still a much larger goal to be had.

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-06-18, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
zomg
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
This game is far beyond just kills and deaths...And the new people coming into this community from games like MW and BF3 need to understand that. Yes...There will be LOTS of people to maim and dismember...But there's still a much larger goal to be had.
That's pretty much what they say on the BF3 forums about players coming from CoD or such too, so...
Old 2012-06-18, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Synapse
First Sergeant

Of course it needs to go more than that but maybe my expectations are just low.

Most games give you a K/D and a favorite weapon and thats about it. I thought I was stretching to list what I did.

Going beyond that outfit and cooperative goals (which are harder to track) should absolutely be included if possible. Going back to eve online, you can see fleet battles by participating outfits, how much they participated, what ships they brought, and territory won/lost in the form of player structure kills.

I defintely want to see not just which outfit took a location though, I want to see which players in that outfit did it, and maybe a comparison against previous times they've taken that tower. Perhaps a time counter from the first outfit involvement (kill or death) near that tower to the time it was taken by them, would be cool. "We took that in half the time it takes everyone else to do it."

What about showing the farthest reach that outfit has had. IE how far have they pushed the enemy lines in pitched battles, not just did they kill someone or lose someone way back behind the lines but did they actually push back near the enemy warpgate and battle there?

Yes I would absolutley like to see all that and more, especially on the outfit side.

Last edited by Synapse; 2012-06-18 at 04:51 PM.
Old 2012-06-18, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
zomg
Staff Sergeant

You could in theory track how the sectors change owners by polling the API. This combined with either API-provided or Outfit-provided location/op data you could aggregate any details from players registered for the outfits involved in fighting for a certain area to create a more detailed "killboard" or "battle report" or whatever
Old 2012-06-18, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Pella
Captain

From what i know SOE will release all the API stats like what eve do. So websites Like planetside stats can pull that instantly to there website.

As for the tracker. I seen outfits will have a average kill ratio per member stat ect, Which will be interesting.

Last edited by Pella; 2012-06-18 at 04:58 PM.
Old 2012-06-18, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Beta, people. In beta, we'll be able to see what SOE is already tracking, and demand tracking for stats that they haven't already supported. And judging from the excitement of the developers over the APIs and community built portals for them, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige.

I totally want a "passengers per Sundy ride" stat, or a "passengers delivered to hot zone/day" stat. I would rock that sucker. And if it's not something that's already supported (or some stat akin to it), you can bet I'll be asking for one in beta. And I hope lots of people do the same for their own pet statistics.
Old 2012-06-18, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SKYeXile
Major General

yea im not sure about battle stats, but they should be able to provide stats for each weapon and whatnot.

As for the best overall stat? Score/minute. K/D is very variable depending on style of play.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion