ULTRA Alliance (TR-Emerald) [NA] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sir, Custer was a pussy.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2004-08-21, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

ULTRA Alliance (TR-Emerald) [NA]

Not too many people read the Emerald-specific forum, so I posted this in Recruiting, because it *IS* technically recruiting, on an empire-wide scale.

http://www.ps2ultra.com

The ULTRA Alliance (Terran Republic, Emerald Server) has finally completed its internal reorganization and out-of-game moves. We have a new website and a new forum (which uses our old forum database), and the website administration is active in keeping the site up to date. The Alliance works around a core group of seasoned Planetside veterans and well-known outfits with roots that extend back to beta, outfits that have worked together for long periods of time and are used to certain play styles or leadership philosophies.

ULTRA has a dedicated unified Teamspeak voice server that allows all outfits to have their own channel and still communicate with allies, without the need for a second voice server for commanders. Every outfit is welcome to make that voice server their permanent communications mode, free of charge (donations welcome). Each outfit has a role in the alliance, with each outfit being represented by a member or two - during online meetings, each outfit has one vote if the need arises to vote on something (such as the expulsion from the alliance for conduct-unbecoming, excessive unwarranted team-killing, etc).

ULTRA is not led by one single person, it is not controlled by one single outfit - unlike previous alliances that went away from their founding reason. The alliance works together very frequently, following its own internal command guidance and its own set of objectives should the need arise to supercede current CR5 targeting (ie if they're fucking dumbasses that couldn't lead an army of ants). The outfits within ULTRA work closely on an almost-nightly basis, placing teamwork, coordination, and communication above mindlessly following some asshat 15-yr old idiot that played too much Stratego the night before and thinks he has a shot at locking the globe with an invasion of Cyssor (as an example). The collective commanders of outfits within ULTRA take turns on a volunteer basis finding targets for various nightly missions, so that no one person is subjected to /tell abuse or takes the blame if a call goes wrong, and so that no one person controls the fate of the alliance or gets burned out on coming up with tasks for the outfits to reach.

ULTRA consists of the following outfits (alphabetically):

[info redacted, pending rebuild]

If your outfit would like to join ULTRA, please let me know. Once the forums go up, I'll update this thread.

Have a nice day.

Firefly, Black Widow Company
ULTRA Alliance Council

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-11-23 at 11:32 PM.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: ULTRA Alliance (TR-Emerald)

ULTRA is reborn. All Terran Republic outfits are welcome to join.

Website is under construction, forums are being populated. If you're interested, just have your outfit leader or authorised representative send me a PM.

Cheers,
--ff/bwc
Old 2011-11-23, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

You know if any of the old ultra outfits will be returning?

edit: besides BWC of course

Last edited by krnasaur; 2011-11-24 at 12:01 AM.
Old 2011-11-24, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Entirely possible.
Old 2011-11-28, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I wish the NC could behave enough to do something similar.
Old 2011-11-28, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
I wish the NC could behave enough to do something similar.
I agree. I only stay on NC now because my buddies are there. Anyway, good luck with this. Planetside needs cooperation. Maybe the idea will spread to other empires..
Old 2011-12-06, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
GuvNuh
Corporal

I really hope ULTRA takes off again. I started playing during the last couple months of active ULTRA involvement(around 4-5years now i think), and it was immediately noticeable when people stopped working together like that. I'll talk to a couple OL's that i know and bug them mercilessly about signing up.
Old 2011-12-08, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
CrazyIvan
Private

GuvNuh I think I was around Ultra the same time as you. ULTRA was fantastic, and is something I would love to see started again. I'm hoping to convince my current team to join me on Planetside 2 when it comes out. They are a great group of guys and work incredibly well together. Teamwork is the only thing that works and that is the only thing I play.

Let me know if you guys need any help setting up ULTRA. I'd love to help out in any way I can.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

PM for CDL's interest has been sent...
Old 2011-12-08, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I've not had a lot of time to devote to the ULTRA website as of late, because A) Planetside pops are basically dead and B) I work for Bioware and as you are probably aware we're pushing a game out. Factor in real-life, banging chicks, paintball preparation, my own outfit and whatnot... ULTRA took a back seat. That being said, I've got some free-time coming up very soon (calm before the storm) and will devote my time to getting the forums up and running.

My vision for ULTRA 2.0 is basically the same as the first time around, for those of you who remember Emerald Alliance and ULTRA and its various incarnations. I will outline this on the ULTRA boards. And I will reply to PMs as time becomes available today or tonight.

Thanks,
--ff/bwc
Old 2011-12-09, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
PM for CDL's interest has been sent...
See here Higby and T-Ray.
This was your last, best hope that CDL and ULTRA somehow NOT become a team. Now, as a part of the ULTIMATE power in PLANETSIDE, we will crush you. We will grind your bones to dust. Your technology will not save you. Your precious 'freedom' will not save you. You are doomed.

"DRAGONWOLVES! What is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the devs."

"You, what is your profession?"
NC Soldier: "I'm a politician by trade."
"And you, what is your profession?"
Vanu Soldier: "I am a scientist."

"DRAGONWOLVES! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?"
"Aaaahhhh-RU Aaahhhh-RU Aaahhh-RU!"

See? I brought more soldiers than you did.

Last edited by Sentrosi; 2011-12-09 at 10:32 AM.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
"DRAGONWOLVES! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?"
"Aaaahhhh-RU Aaahhhh-RU Aaahhh-RU!"
I see you brought more soldiers than we did
Old 2011-12-09, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

ULTRA forums are now up and running.
Old 2012-06-17, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kreslyn
Private

Umbra will be on board with collaborative efforts TR side =) Also working on a site for the community www.planetsiders.com to build that community. Still in progress but check back in a bit. Site being built by Lord Hammer who you might have seen around swtor and also built TORsyndicate.

Looking forward to working with ULTRA and my TR buddies again =)
Old 2012-06-17, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Taru
Corporal

The Shadow Assassins are here and looking forward to fighting alongside other ULTRA outfits again.

-T
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic