Playing solo without voice chat - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Quotes have moved! Please scroll down.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-16, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Playing solo without voice chat

Most the time our outfit did not have access to TS. We did fine.

Mostly annoying if you can't hear what others are saying when in a platoon with people on TS that make a decision to relocate and you trail behind because nobody bothered to write about it.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
acosmo
Sergeant Major

ah, figment. i have not seen you post in a while.

i dislike people who do not have mics / use mics. they get me killed and are overall less efficient than those who do have mics and use them properly.
Old 2012-07-16, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Redshift
Major

You'll be a zergling who dies more often than other players. You'll probably miss out on the scenarios that people constantly talk about on these board too since you'll not be in an outfit doing them. Nothing stopping you being solo, you'll just not have as much fun.
Old 2012-07-16, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Finding a fitting outfit/guild is harder than some might think. After so many tries finding one with people you connect with, it can be discouraging. It's easy to say "keep trying."

Not to insinuate the OP has this problem. It sounds more like he imagined most outfits in PS2 to be disciplined war machines until others put that fear to rest.

Voice chat is another issue. Some people just like to ramble and it's distracting, or I can't really relate to the conversation and it's frustrating. I personally stopped talking through the mic because I inevitably kill the mood with a joke only I get. Also frustrating.

The first game made playing solo fairly easy, and gave us the tools for anonymous teamwork to be effective with minimal to no communication between parties. I don't see PS2 making that any less of a reality.
Old 2015-07-20, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CptLuminier
Private

is there a chat instead of a ts.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions