Vortex Model - Rush Job? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pimpin'Side Universe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-25, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Vortex Model - Rush Job?

Is anyone else Vanu-side disappointed with the Vortex model? It makes me look like I looted a stripped down Lancer from some HA, not a badass AV turret on legs like I feel it should.

What happened? Why did we get such a lazy model when the TR and NC got cool new ones in the Fracture and Raven?

I just wish we could get it updated to something more befitting of a MAX.
Old 2013-05-25, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Re: Vortex Model - Rush Job?

I just wish it would work like it did prior to GU9. Could care less how it looks.

See my OF thread.
Old 2013-05-25, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Assist
Contributor
Major

Made my first TR character today(yes I took a shower afterwards) - Was too frustrated dying over and over to Striker's and Fracture's while I attempt to use my shitass Lancer and Vortex.

But what the fuck. The Fracture is like having 4 Vortex's against armor and like having 6 Vortex's against Infantry. It's such horseshit
I really should submit my application to balance this game, because whoever or whatever is doing it now really needs to be placed in a different department. It's absolutely ridiculous how they manage to introduce three 'equivalent' weapons that are so unbalanced to each other, and at the same time manage to nerf guns that didn't need it and buff guns that didn't need it!

To be completely honest, I believe they have a dart board with weapon names and a dart board with numbers. They just throw a few darts and decide to change guns randomly with no logical process to it.

I'm to the point now where I believe that either SOE has sacrificed a lot of resources for EQN, MLG has taken over the majority of development personnel, or they actually don't have a fucking clue the direction they want to take this game.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-05-25 at 08:33 PM.
Old 2013-05-25, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Assist, I think you need to move to Connery, VS there use the Vortex and Lancer to amazing effect halting many a zergs and unlike Striker you cant IR smoke them and the projectile disappears past 500meters, its pretty frustration getting hit when you only have the vague hit indicator to go off of.. Its just Waterson VS that I guess dunno how to use your AT charge weapons.

The Connery VS use American Indian tactics hitting from very high elevation, just decimates armour columns that cant effective hit half a siluoette 3-400 meters away or at such an angle the guns cant tilt that high, when theres 40 of them your tank is instagibbed... I really dunno what your talking about, as I said. Come to Connery and play with our VS, youll see Lancer/Vortex are great. Im very jealous of them compared to the Striker, I hardly see Strikers used anymore properlly due to the shitty predictive movement missles which makes it funny watching a HA fire at a ESF and the missles just derp out and hit anything but.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-05-25 at 11:46 PM.
Old 2013-05-26, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Assist, I think you need to move to Connery, VS there use the Vortex and Lancer to amazing effect halting many a zergs and unlike Striker you cant IR smoke them and the projectile disappears past 500meters, its pretty frustration getting hit when you only have the vague hit indicator to go off of.. Its just Waterson VS that I guess dunno how to use your AT charge weapons.

The Connery VS use American Indian tactics hitting from very high elevation, just decimates armour columns that cant effective hit half a siluoette 3-400 meters away or at such an angle the guns cant tilt that high, when theres 40 of them your tank is instagibbed... I really dunno what your talking about, as I said. Come to Connery and play with our VS, youll see Lancer/Vortex are great. Im very jealous of them compared to the Striker, I hardly see Strikers used anymore properlly due to the shitty predictive movement missles which makes it funny watching a HA fire at a ESF and the missles just derp out and hit anything but.
I'm sorry but...what the hell is an American Indian? You mean the guy who's always on the other line when I call tech support who tells me he lives in Washington, yet clearly lives somewhere in India?

Here in 'murica, everyones just 'murican. But if you insist on classifying, I believe you're looking for Native American

As for your claims, the same is true of any faction. If there are 40 AV MAX of any faction, your tank is boned. VS' AV Max weapon is pretty meh in comparison to the others. If it's projectile speed was even FASTER, or the others were slower, it'd fit better. As is, it's kinda meh. Or if they let it charge faster. Ohhhh I like that one.

Anyway, I think they should do something to it. It shouldn't just be having one lancer in each hand. Differentiate it somehow. Maybe force a chargup like a PS1 Lancer. So it'd have a higher DPS, but you couldn't get instant shots in.
Old 2013-05-26, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
I'm sorry but...what the hell is an American Indian? You mean the guy who's always on the other line when I call tech support who tells me he lives in Washington, yet clearly lives somewhere in India?

Here in 'murica, everyones just 'murican. But if you insist on classifying, I believe you're looking for Native American

American Indian may refer to:

Native Americans in the United States, the indigenous peoples within the present-day boundaries of the United States

Indigenous peoples of the Americas, the indigenous peoples of North and South America

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-05-26, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Osskscosco
Corporal

American Indians were destroying tank columns with their Vortex's.

Seems legit.
Old 2013-05-26, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
DeltaGun
Sergeant

T-ray said he wanted it to look different from the other MAX weapons. I say he hit the mark.
Old 2013-05-26, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by DeltaGun View Post
T-ray said he wanted it to look different from the other MAX weapons. I say he hit the mark.
It looks different from other MAX weapons but looks almost just like every other Vanu weapon. If he was going for originality with it he definitely missed some sort of mark.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post

American Indian may refer to:

Native Americans in the United States, the indigenous peoples within the present-day boundaries of the United States

Indigenous peoples of the Americas, the indigenous peoples of North and South America

And let me guess, Mexican American refers to those from both Mexico and Spain right? Because that totally makes sense.

When you typed in American Indian into Wikipedia (lol), it said "may refer to" because you didn't use the correct term. You used an ambiguous term and Wikipedia was like, "Uh....do you mean this or this.

I really want you to go to a reserve and start calling them American Indians lol. I imagine the results would be similar to calling everyone of Spanish descent a Mexican. Well, maybe worse since Native Americans didn't originate from India -_-

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
It looks different from other MAX weapons but looks almost just like every other Vanu weapon. If he was going for originality with it he definitely missed some sort of mark.
Agreed. I do like how it appears very different from other MAX weapons, but it doesn't seem like a unique weapon either. They should just use the VS concept art weapon. Make it a one armed piercing doom lazer. Left arm would carry the dubstep soundtrack lol.
Old 2013-05-27, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrMak
Sergeant Major

I thought the Vanu were over their "Everything sucks or is ugly" phase.
Old 2013-05-28, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
hashish
Sergeant

Unfortunately i hate to say this again and again, but VS has had a proper SHITTY SHITT design since beta lol.. Only now the infantry look better and more intimidating but generally half or more of the items/weapons VS has looks like crap, i dunno what the hell trammel isac is on but if you guys see that new Aurora Helmet and compare it to the other factions.. LOL it looks like a space Telitubby helmet !!

Really SHITT design team dedicated to VS ! Not suprised everyone takes the piss out of Vanu.. Only reason i still play as VS is cz of PS1..

Last edited by hashish; 2013-05-28 at 06:33 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion