Planetside 2 Classes vs Certs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bling Bling
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-03, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cordless
Private

Planetside 2 Classes vs Certs

I'm no PS master and probably never will be but I'm absolutely certain that I'll be glad for dedicated class roles after watching PS1 on Twitch for the last few days.

I'll be happy not to have to watch any more battles where everyone shoots one clip and then backs around a corner while they reload, heal themselves, repair themselves, and then very carefully if at all go back to the fight. Every fight I watch I think about how much cooler it will be with dedicated healers and heal grenades and all the other things better than shooting yourself in the arm for thirty seconds.

On a semi-related note I sure hope the third person camera is disabled because sitting a staircase watching around the corner the whole time is corny as hell.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Planetside 2 Classes vs Certs

Originally Posted by Cordless View Post
I'll be happy not to have to watch any more battles where everyone shoots one clip and then backs around a corner while they reload, heal themselves, repair themselves, and then very carefully if at all go back to the fight.
Now you'll see a fight where everyone shoots half a clip and is shot dead.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zebasiz
Corporal

Yeah I agree.
I've been back in the game these last few weeks just to give it my own send-off. But I really like playing the support roles, engineer and medic.
But there is never much for me to do as a medic. Everyone is already healing themselves by the time I get to them, or I just get there fast enough and they just don't have to spend their medigel/whatever it wass called again. Heal Juice.

Really looking forward to seeing how the support roles play out in #2.

On a semi-related note I sure hope the third person camera is disabled because sitting a staircase watching around the corner the whole time is corny as hell.
I'm pretty sure the devs have said 3rd person is out, so no worries.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
AgtPanda
Private

Don't like certs you say?

Lets put in some classes to make you happy. But you're still getting certs. Motherf*cker.

On a more serious note, I too am glad that there will be no "Jack of all trades" troops who can heal shoot repair fly drive go invisible call down OS save 15% on their car insurance and make waffles.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by AgtPanda View Post
On a more serious note, I too am glad that there will be no "Jack of all trades" troops who can heal shoot repair fly drive go invisible call down OS save 15% on their car insurance and make waffles.
Psst.

You can still do that in this game. At BR1 everyone can do everything. It's actually worse in PS2 than in PS1.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Still don't like the idea of heal grenades >.>
Old 2012-07-03, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cordless
Private

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Psst.

You can still do that in this game. At BR1 everyone can do everything. It's actually worse in PS2 than in PS1.
That's true, but at least you have to die between doing each one.

Or, err, go to an equipment console.

But yeah Panda the current cert system seems awesome. Play assault and shoot mans with a rifle all day? Cert into a red-dot and heavier armor and thermal vision or whatever. Fly planes, get more armor or plush dice or whatever they're doing.

Man I may go read a cert-speculation thread.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
AgtPanda
Private

Psst.

You may start off with all the skills, but you can't do it all at the same time as in PS1...

Also there is no Geico in PS2, so no, they can't do everything.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

Don't mind Bags, he is just being his difficult self. The class system is certainly something that I feel will add to this game, rather than subtract. The devs are playing a delicate game with all the balancing though, especially with all of these certs and sidegrades
Old 2012-07-03, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SixShooter
Captain

I totally agree with the OP. It's nice that everyone have engy all the time and it's really nice for me because I've been playing mostly with a max the last few days and the engy love has been great.

It's funny that people complain so much about if we had prone then everyone would be camping but that already happens without it.

Old 2012-07-03, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
AgtPanda
Private

I hope to see some certs released... I want to see if any particular combinations are particularly OP, or even just annoying. Waiting for a beta has never been this hard, not even with BF3.
Old 2012-07-03, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Maticus
Private

Psst.

You must really hate planetside 2
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-03, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

This is refreshing to see. I felt like I was going to be tarred and feathered by the community when we talked about classes at first. Now I can worry about getting tarred and feathered for something else!
Old 2012-07-03, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
This is refreshing to see. I felt like I was going to be tarred and feathered by the community when we talked about classes at first. Now I can worry about getting tarred and feathered for something else!
It's okay Higby, there's still a lot of people who want to tar and feather you over it, I'm sure.
Old 2012-07-03, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Cordless
Private

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
No good deed goes unpunished by legions of complainers!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion