broken game? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hot and steamy _________
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-05-15, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
richterf
Private

broken game?

Im just wondering if this game is unbalanced or is it just broken? I just emptied a 75 round clip into a TR light assault that was not even aware that I was there. nothing he turned around and shot me twice with my shield on and I died. Im level 30 and a member and he was level 19 not sure what is going on but its not the first time this has happened.
Old 2014-05-15, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Blynd
First Sergeant

Re: broken game?

I've found sometimes lag causes hit box fail but they turn around and kill me in 2 shots. It only happens occasionally in big fights.
Old 2014-05-15, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ringring
Contributor
General

Hmm. That wouldn't be a balance issue, either you missed (I doubt it tho) or you had a hit registration problem.

Hit registration issues do crop up from time to time, often in hit pop areas. Mostly it's fine, sometimes it's not.
Old 2014-05-15, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Games has been crashing on me for the last 2 days. It crashes soon after log in. Anyone else has this problem or
am I the fortunate one?

Old 2014-05-15, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Well, the drivers sure as hell don't work. Every time they cut out it shuts off my microphone and will only turn back on if I exit the game.
Old 2014-05-16, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
richterf
Private

Thankyou for all your replies. maybe its time for a new comp. lol
Old 2014-05-16, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Boildown
Sergeant

If you use Nvidia for your GPU, you should read this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...beta_crash_fix

To sum up: Don't go past version 332.21 of the Nvidia drivers. Or try the beta driver linked in that reddit thread.

Old 2014-05-16, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

I'll test out the new beta driver. The reason I didn't want to revert is because that would've cost me performance in other games.
Old 2014-05-17, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Azzzz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
I'll test out the new beta driver. The reason I didn't want to revert is because that would've cost me performance in other games.
He means BF4. Because he ish a BF4 whore.

Traitor!
Old 2014-05-17, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

BF4, Titanfall, countless single player games in my massive steam library. Ya. lol
Old 2014-05-17, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Azzzz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
BF4, Titanfall, countless single player games in my massive steam library. Ya. lol
Lies.
Old 2014-05-17, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Acantha
Private

Unhappy Re: broken game?

having trouble with PS2 start the game up then @ character chose i see green flashy boxes then play starts to load and kicks me. try and do this again and it does the same thing. also restart PC and still doesn't work. do i need to uninstall then install PS2 again or what

Last edited by Acantha; 2014-05-17 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2014-05-17, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Acantha View Post
having trouble with PS2 start the game up then @ character chose i see green flashy boxes then play starts to load and kicks me. try and do this again and it does the same thing. also restart PC and still doesn't work. do i need to uninstall then install PS2 again or what

I'm having the same problem. Haven't been able to play for the last six days. Really getting fed up with all the problems in this game.

Old 2014-05-18, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ringring
Contributor
General

I haven't seen any issues so I'd suspect the problem is on your install. Have you tried the technical thread on the official forums.

That said a full reinstall may be something to try if you haven't tried that already.
Old 2014-06-06, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Traak
Colonel

I have seen posts by people on the PS official forum about never getting over 30fps in big battles, especially at biolabs. This is people with highly overclocked CPU's and dual high-zoot graphics cards.

I think they need to rewrite the code and optimize it for computers that were built after 1980.

CPU bottlenecking was Planetside 1's problem too.

This game chokes on itself in big battles.

I think they need upgraded servers, too, as their average capacity is not what's important. What's important is peak capacity. And peak capacity is drastically below what it needs to be.

Oh, and far more streamlined code, too.

I was just in a big battle. It took several seconds for it to acknowledge that I had hit the vehicle terminal, then a while for the menu to come up, then even longer for the thing that you press to get the vehicle.

Then, I saw my vehicle schematic on the screen, and found myself somewhere else. I spawned to my vehicle and I was where it was (A Sunderer) and it was a flaming wreck. I never even got to drive it. And later another Sundy, it got blown up and I got booted right out of the game with the warning "don't fire on friendly forces". I didn't even have a mine laid, and I was attempting to use the terminal on the side of the vehicle.

The fact of the matter is the code sucks, and they have insufficient peak capacity to properly function when it is most needed.

Problem is, to optimize the code would require troubleshooting what is happening, which costs money, which, no matter how many billions they rake in, Sony doesn't ever seen to want to do. Businesses run by bean counters fail. Or rice counters.

Spend the money and provide a better product.

Last edited by Traak; 2014-06-06 at 12:27 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion