[Debate] Spawn Camping, Yay or Nay? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm Common Pool, thankyouverymuch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you feel about spawn camping?
I support spawn camping. 14 26.92%
I do not support spawn camping. 24 46.15%
I am impartial. 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-09-05, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Subterfuge
Corporal

I'm against it, but it is fun to run out of the spawntube really fast, get to the equip term, turn on infil, Lay a boomer and run away before they even see you.
Old 2004-09-05, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
DeepStrikeck
Sergeant Major

sorry meant earlydawn, dunno why i typed electrofreak, sorry for the confusion
Old 2004-09-05, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

im am totally against it. Its not a tactic its a cheap thing noobs use

Old 2004-09-05, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamorad
First Sergeant

I don't have a problem with it. It helps get extra cep for a base and adds kills. Mostly though i think the ppf won't go over well.

Just my thoughts
Old 2004-09-05, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Spawn camping is the last refuge of the skill-less twits who make up the majority of Planetside. There are times when spawn camping is a necessary evil, although I would be hard pressed to call those times actual 'camping'. There are other times when a group of 4-5 are camping spawn making no effort to take out the tubes, and often in the case of a tower without actually attempting to recapture it. This is a direct result of lame people who can't get legitimate kills, or who value their kill count above actual game play and challenge.

Personally, I'm embarrassed about 95% of my standard kills and I haven't purposely camped a spawn ever. My feeling is that if your standard kills even approach any of your other kills you should be humiliated. I have approximately 50 standard kills with my Bizzle character. Of those, probably 5-10 were people wearing standard out to battle (whether they spawned at an AMS that was just about to blow, were total newbies or opted to use standard I have no idea). Those were legit kills. The other 40-45 were done right as we charged a spawn room and people needed to be taken out quickly until we could blow the tubes. I have people all the time brag about 'only' 300-500 standard kills. Seriously, have some pride.
Old 2004-09-05, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Kasion
Private

Like it or not, it is a tactic to control the tide of a battle and the enemy. Yes, it may not take as much skill as say a Flail unloading on an entry way of a base or a couple of TR AI Maxes chewing through an invading army at the backdoor, but it is a tactic and is not 100% fool proof.

Does it upset me when it happens to me? Yes, but so does getting killed by an infiltrator while sniping, or see a guy with a JH come around the corner and unload a tripple shot and drop me. Not fair, but an acceptable part of the game.

I think that it is a far more egregious offense when greedy "friendly" players that are so focused on getting the kill that they spam kill other friendly players. Biggest offenders, the Thumper, Malestrom, and the Flail. Most people do not know when, or how, to properly use these weapons. I would take getting spawn camped anyday over this. So what if you got 20 kills in a 5 minute battle, if you had to kill 10 friendlies in the process. I mean, how much skill do you have if you are killing friendly folks in the process?
Old 2004-09-05, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Boomer
First Sergeant

ummmmm.. well. Lets think. If you are stupid enough to let someone to the spawns, you deserved to get owned.

The only exception is the enclave. We Surge to the spawns, then destroy them. One squad camps, other goes to CC. Now does that count?

Oh and what about knife camping? I remember knife camping a Spawn with all of our knives out at the last available spawn. It is funny to see a person instantly die from a knife. The kill spam is hilarious.
Old 2004-09-05, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

They spawn, I kill...simple as that, open and shut
Old 2004-09-06, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Death909
Private

I find it more rewarding bep wise to wait until the recently spawned have run around a little and are getting close to the 1 min implant timer for darklight. Getting 1-2 bep per person spawn camping isn't fun, nice or profitable. But i will still knife those people who try and leech of squads by sitting in a friendly base, and those people who go afk.
Old 2004-09-07, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
SniperDude
Corporal

I'm sorry the Enclave doesn't "Camp" the spawn room, per se. They "secure" it, there's a BIG difference. Like Thunder_Hawk said, holding out in an "off the front" spawn room with decent spawn traffic, just to kill the poor saps not expecting it, is spawn camping. While gaining control over, destroying and securing a spawn room is a valid tactic.

Towers, on the other hand, more often than not need to be camped ONLY DURING THE HACK. Once again, if someone is just hanging out, killing spawners with no intent of taking the tower, that's just wrong IMO.

Needless to say, I don't feel "camping" a spawn room is right, although "securing" a spawn room is more often than not a given.
Old 2004-09-07, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Death909
Private

Originally Posted by SniperDude
killing spawners with no intent of taking the tower, that's just wrong IMO.
Does that include those that spawned 50-58 seconds ago? and not intending to take the tower?
Old 2004-09-07, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
tbdsamman
Corporal

Originally Posted by Kasion
or a couple of TR AI Maxes chewing through an invading army at the backdoor
I find that offensive... its does take skill along with MAXs and several support characters to repair/heal/res the MAXs when you guys run in fire a deci and run out. Or let the AT MAX storm in thinking he'll single handedly kill us all.
Old 2004-09-07, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Charging into the Spawn Room, killing everything in sight. Then shooting anything that pops out of the tube AT THE SAME TIME blowing it to smithereans is not spawn camping, but a justifiable tactic. Doing this means you will be out of the room in no time.

Charging into the Spawn Room, killing everything in sight and then shooting anything that pops out of the tube, BUT NOT trying to destroy the tubes is Spawn Camping, period. Been way too many times where I spawn and not see anyone shooting AND they don't shoot at me until I leave the spawn tube. So...I just start shooting from the tube so they have to shoot at the tube in order to kill me.

Spawn room camping is justified in some circumstances:

1) Taking a tower....the hack isn't very long, so why blow the tubes. Many times in a heated battle I go in expecting it to be camped in the hopes it isn't.

2) Draining, sabatoging, etc a base. When thier is no contested battle, but you don't want to let anyone out of the spawn room to be a royal pain to your operations later. Blowing the tubes is a good telegraph that somethings happening at the base. With the pain fields, just going to have to wait outside the room and listen...audio amp becomes a real good tool for this.

Problem is, I'm not sure the pain fields will work. If a group goes into spawn camp....all they need to do is load up on meds and have a couple of medics ready to rez.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion