Next PS expansion? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My mouse is bigger than yours.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: New expansions
Planetside Starfleet 24 50.00%
Planetside Navy 10 20.83%
Planetside 2, new weapons etc 13 27.08%
Other: Specify 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-09-06, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Donetello
Private

Next PS expansion?

What type of epansion would you like to see..?

Not saying this is ANYWHERE NEAR (Take that into consideration ) being implemented.

What would you like to see?

- Planetside' Starfleet
http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...cending&page=1

- Planetside Navy, Battle for t3h oceans
http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...essage.id=2159

- Planetside 2, new 1337 weapons,
Just a dumptruck load of new content, (IE. Weapons, vehicles, not counting boats/spaceships, just tanks, and sh*t)
Just check the whole planetside.com forums, or even here for that matter, you'll see some good, bad, and ugly ideas

Sry if this was a waste of your time, i am just curious, cause a lot of ppl cry for new stuff like this, i want some numbers

<3 always

Heros in the half-shell! TURTLE POWER.

Last edited by Donetello; 2004-09-06 at 11:56 AM.
Old 2004-09-06, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DemiInuyoukai
Private

Why Cant I Log Into Ps
Old 2004-09-06, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

i want PlanetSide navy only because im going into the Navy. Plus it will keep people on the surface of auraxis.
Old 2004-09-06, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Wasn't it Donatello?

Anyway, I dunno I'd much rather it wasn't an expansion but free to all, but that's gonna happen I don't think. Erm I'd prefer a Navy, mainly because it won't be just a novelty thing on most continents. Also people have been asking for it for a long long time now.
Old 2004-09-06, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

I could go for planetside starfleet. i want battlecruisers and destroyers in space and stuff. Just my opinion. Like the battlecruisers could be mobile bases and respawn points. Only problem is i dont have 30 bucks to spare again but if i got about 2 weeks notice than i guess i would be able to scrounger up some money. Ive been wanting a space version of planetside for the longest time anyway. But any of these expansions would be great.

Old 2004-09-06, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

Would be awsome if SOE took time to combine both expansions, plus 'Planetside 2' and polish it really good, THEN release it. That's the expansion I want
Old 2004-09-06, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

i just want a second planetside in general also. Like not a totally different game with. same concept and wat not. But different game engine PLEASE USE A BETTER ONE. Better graphics but keep the same factions thats what makes this game fun is having the same factions. Maybe even add a fourth one AND ADVERSTISE MORE!!! Just my opinion. I know most people would love to see a second planetside.

Old 2004-09-06, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

The low-ish graphics are so that as many people can play as possible. The higher the crank the graphics, the less amount of people can play. I mean they're not that bad considering so please take that into account when you say "USE A BETTER ONE" I'm sure the next Planetside (should there be one) would use a better engine as a given anyway, but it probably won't be for a year or two until people's computers can handle it.
Old 2004-09-06, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MrCovertMan
Sergeant

Planetside: City in the sky
An expansion that puts hovering bases in the sky and gives us reaver variants and whole new planes, and crazy high altitude narrow walk ways, and new forms of AA to combat the new aerial attackers.
"Speak not of power until you have beheld it's truest form"
Old 2004-09-06, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

heh, high aerial walkways sound pretty cool
Old 2004-09-06, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lartnev
heh, high aerial walkways sound pretty cool
But im afraid of heights
Old 2004-09-06, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I don't see a naval expansion being very fun. Playing with battleships in BF1942, while interesting, wasn't very fun. The next expansion will probably add some vehicles and stuff, and allow for another way to advance your character.

Originally Posted by LimpBIT
i just want a second planetside in general also. Like not a totally different game with. same concept and wat not. But different game engine PLEASE USE A BETTER ONE. Better graphics but keep the same factions thats what makes this game fun is having the same factions. Maybe even add a fourth one AND ADVERSTISE MORE!!! Just my opinion. I know most people would love to see a second planetside.
This will not happen until Planetside becomes unprofitable, or so loaded with expansions that it can't be expanded more (an impossibility due to the lack of factors which can allow for "mudflation", as was seen in EQ).

Last edited by Warborn; 2004-09-06 at 05:09 PM.
Old 2004-09-06, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

yeah i know about that im not saying in the near future. Planetside will probably die down by the end of next summer if not sooner. I will still be playing if other people are but we must face the facts most games do not make it past 2 years. Planetside will never get old though. But im thinking more like 2006 or 2007 for a planetside 2. But as long as they keep me interested. If they just keep putting expansions on the current planetside till the end of time i wont complain. Killing TR and VS is the most satisfying thing ever. RAWR FEAR THE LIMPBIT.

Old 2004-09-06, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by LimpBIT
Planetside will probably die down by the end of next summer if not sooner.
Don't count on it. With the new additions being made to the game, by the end of next summer Planetside could be more popular than it has ever been.
Old 2004-09-06, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

yeah im saying if they dont add anything to the game it will die down. Sorry i forgot to add that

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion