Fallen Heroes Charity Alert: This Memorial Day Weekend - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pro-AGN
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-05-24, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
CitizenGeronimo
Private

Re: Fallen Heroes Charity Alert: This Memorial Day Weekend

May 23rd: What do you think makes Intrepid Fallen Heroes good enough to unite the warring factions of Auraxis?

Its the warriors we salute and pay respects to, while virtually uniting to honor them. BattleGroup Mattherson leading the way
Old 2014-05-24, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Avaleon
Private

"One team, One fight" The BWC motto not only applies to how we approach online gaming, but also how we support and help each other outside the game. It's great to know that your battle brothers and sisters have your back. In my time with this community ( About 9 months ) I have seen some phenomenal acts of generosity and kindness. If you are looking for a place where you can find people willing to not only help you be a better gamer but a better individual, then look no further than The Black Widow Company.
Old 2014-05-24, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
CitizenGeronimo
Private

Black Widow Company's motto, One Team One Fight, are not only words, but the culture instilled upon the brothers and sisters. Success is not automatic, it is gained by trust, a common goal, and organization. BWC is a veteran gaming organization that knows and lives the motto to the tee.
Old 2014-05-25, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
dttuner
Private

Memorial Day is quite special for my family, friends and I. We remember and honor those that made the ultimate sacrifice for our us. It's the weekend we all get together and enjoy some barbecue out under the sun, and tell the war stories of our ancestors. We remember those that are no longer with us in form, but never forgotten in our hearts.
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend! One Team, One Fight!
Old 2014-05-25, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
ReactionShot
Private

I experience BWC's One Team, One Fight (OTOF) in almost every aspect of my life and that's what it means. Here, let me explain...

When I joined BWC, I was simply looking for an organized PS2 outfit. However, when I joined, I was immediately sucked into friendships and this family. As a BWC member I became fairly involved with my squad/platoon/outfit member's lives. If they weren't 100%, I could tell and I made it my personal mission to get them back to full capacity. Part of what OTOF means is fighting on the battlefield together, but the most significant part is helping your "virtual friends" with anything off the "field".
Old 2014-05-25, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Mungo
Private

What makes Memorial Day important to you?

Charity is something that I strongly believe in, as everyone needs a hand now and again, even if they won't or are too proud to admit it. A good cause like helping struggling families, injured veterans or serious illness is something that all good people should try to help, whether it be actually lending your time and effort or just providing a few quid to help with costs or research.

What makes an event that celebrates the sacrifices of the brave men and women that came before us, so strong with me, is that the vast majority of my family (myself included) have served in various branches of the British military, and the chance that you could or have given your blood, sweat and tears in service of others is no small feat. I for one feel, the times which we live in are so uncertain and violent, that if it wasn't for that small group of people, we wouldn't have the freedoms we have in our lives.
Old 2014-05-25, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
CitizenGeronimo
Private

Memorial Day is a time to reflect and honor those who have passed on to the next phases in their lives. Our community honors those by holding events in remembrance, and by building our life links to those that remain behind. Memorial day with a Veteran organization like BWC is incredible, as many of us of have been touched by loss of comrades, but we shall not forget, nor not take care of those families that have experienced a lost loved one. To all the fallen comrades, we salute you!
Old 2014-05-25, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Frackenstein
Private

What makes Memorial Day (or other similar holidays, for non-US Americans) important to you? To me Memorial Day is a day to remember those who sacrificed everything to give us the freedom we have today. Its to remember and thank ALL who served for our country. So on Memorial Day when you are having that backyard barbecue/cookout with family and friends, ask yourself what did this meal cost? Dont think in dollars or money, think about the brave men and women who gave everything for you to be able to do so. All gave some, but some gave all.
Old 2014-05-25, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Avaleon
Private

Even though I have never had the honor of serving, Memorial Day is important to me because I not only do I have many friends that are veterans, but I also work in the Defense Industry. I am proud of the fact that my work directly impacts boots on the ground and help to bring more of those they belong to home. I will end with this quote:
"Never regret growing older, It is a privilege denied to many."
Old 2014-05-25, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Johnde
Private

Memorial Day is the one of the days we remember our Service members for their sacrifice. We honor our veterans and our fallen heroes. We celebrate our independence from England on July 4th. The United States was founded on the dreams, hard work and sacrifice of many colonists. This country is only a little over 200 years old. A mere baby compared to some. There are countries that haven't accomplished what we've done in many hundreds of years of existance. It's important to let the world see that if Freedom and democracy is what they choose to have, they too can achieve it! Our holidays are not just American celebrations for us as citizens alone, It's an opportunity to show the world they too can be free.
Old 2014-05-25, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
TAHU
Private

What do you think makes Intrepid Fallen Heroes good enough to unite the warring factions of Auraxis?

Its a cause that everyone get behind, even with differing opinions. It is a great way to for people to show their support as well enjoy themselves playing PS2.

How have you experienced BWC's Motto, "One Team, One Fight."?

Yes, many times playing PS2 that every motto is at the crux of action BWC does. Whether it be storming a building or planning a route of an attack BWC operates to keep us together and fight our enemies on the battle field.
Old 2014-05-25, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Gardanis
Private

Day 5: What makes Memorial Day (or other similar holidays, for non-US Americans) important to you?

Memorial Day is very important to me to remember the men and women who gave there life's and who put there life in harms way.So America can be free.I am a veteran and I am sitting here able to have the freedom to say whet I want.I want to say we will never forget what our troops have done.We Honor them today and every day.Lets not forget the family's of our troops that sacrifice also for our country.Being part of BWC reminds me everyday the brotherhood and Honor of Active personal and veterans of our armed forces.

http://ptgb.org/
Old 2014-05-25, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Carivana
Private

Two of my grandfathers served in the military during wartime. One of my grandfathers flew transport missions into Vietnam. The other was in WWII in the Navy. Memorial Day honors not only the sacrifice of time, but also the ultimate sacrifice. For many soldiers, they keep their lives, but carry the scars of their time served. A lot of people take Memorial Day to reflect; others use it to celebrate life. I’m sure there are better ways to celebrate this weekend, but spending time participating in this marathon to benefit the soldiers Memorial Day honors has got to be one of the good ones.
Old 2014-05-25, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
RME
Private

Day 5: What makes Memorial Day (or other similar holidays, for non-US Americans) important to you?

Memorial Day isn't just some day for BBQ on my lawn with all my friends. It's a time for me to remember all the friends that I know who are serving across the world, and the ones I would love to be able to invite to my house.

Eventually, I will graduate as an Army Officer in 2017, and earn a different meaning to Memorial Day.

It reminds me that we are not free by our own ideologies and laws, we are free by the service and sacrifice of more honorable people.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion